Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: Rebellion! Turn 5: Time for a prison break, m'lord?  (Read 11191 times)

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
Re: Rebellion! Turn 5: Time for a prison break, m'lord?
« Reply #135 on: June 28, 2011, 03:26:02 pm »

I'm on 50 post per page, so I'm not sure if this is still at the front page for everyone. Just to be sure, a little bump.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 28, 2011, 05:06:17 pm »

oooo how did I miss this? :o

turn up soon!

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 28, 2011, 05:57:31 pm »

Updated Mercenary Guild Forces
Outside Denskbord - 375 Infantry, 60 Cavalry,
   Crimson Company - 28 guns, 456 Infantry, 61 Cavalry
Denskhahn - 350 Infantry, 120 Cavalry
Cessfenn - 375 Infantry, 60 Cavalry, 200 Cannons
Osbord -  N/A
Randsmed - 350 Infantry, 60 Cavalry
Middbord - 350 Infantry, 60 Cavalry
Tormharb - 350 Infantry, 60 Cavalry
Perrionne -350 Infantry, 60 Cavalry
Meskhahn - (10 patrol ships, 1 frigate)
Mornplad - 2 frigates, 10 guns loaded

We have a job to do! With the new acquisition from Cessfenn they might have an advantage in guns if they were lucky, but the rebels more than likely outnumbered the mercenaries.
Corwin penned lettered to nearby garrison commanders and generals asking for their assistance in returning Denskbord to loyalist hands.
The duty of General was not foreign to Cortobel, having lead a company of his own in his earlier days, quite successfully. That and he was of noble blood. Foreign as he may be, He was born to command men in battle.

- Have forces from Denskhahn, Cessfenn, Randsmed and Middbord rally outside with Corwin's soldiers already stationed outside Denskbord.
Should total: 1800 Inf, 360 Cav, 200 210 Artillery + Crimson Company

- Send messages to loyalist commanders to try and coordinate a 2nd siege of Denskbord

- Have loaded frigates delivery cannons the 10 guns to the forming army(Should be fun, he he he)

edited to include advice from Virex
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 01:33:07 pm by Knave »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 29, 2011, 05:28:40 am »

Jonas was seating on the walls of Denskbord, looking at the troops in the distance. Obviously another siege was coming. He couldn't help a smile when he spotted the red and gold banner of the Crimson Company: his men's camp was far better organized than the other companies', and even whithout a leader, he could see them train and practice.

Using a stick he found nearby to draw in the dust, he started to make up a plan. The single most important factor in defending the city was to position the guns correctly. And he had more experience fighting with artillery than any man on the Denskbord. Soon, he reached the optimal configuration: two batteries on either side of the main section of the wall, that could cover each other and mow down any incoming infantry. With a skilled commander commanding each battery no man or beast could reach the wall. Surely, the city's commanders would see the merit of his plan and give him command of at least one of the battery, never suspecting that it could just as well be used to disarm the other and blow up the walls...

Copying his plan Jonas will present them to the city's council and ask for command of the western battery. The members of his company will start to recruit criminals aand loyalists and train them as gun servants.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 29, 2011, 01:02:28 pm »

Osbord -  N/A

We have a job to do! With the new acquisition from Cessfenn they might have an advantage in guns if they were lucky, but the rebels more than likely outnumbered the mercenaries.
Corwin penned lettered to nearby garrison commanders and generals asking for their assistance in returning Denskbord to loyalist hands.
The duty of General was not foreign to Cortobel, having lead a company of his own in his earlier days, quite successfully. That and he was of noble blood. Foreign as he may be, He was born to command men in battle.

- Have forces from Denskhahn, Cessfenn, Randsmed and Middbord rally outside with Corwin's soldiers already stationed outside Denskbord.
Should total: 1800 Inf, 360 Cav, 200 Artillery + Crimson Company

- Send messages to loyalist commanders to try and coordinate a 2nd siege of Denskbord

You could tell your frigates to drop off the guns they captured, as they don't have enough gunports to use them anyway. Would get you 10 extra cannons ;)

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 29, 2011, 01:22:10 pm »

Osbord -  N/A

You could tell your frigates to drop off the guns they captured, as they don't have enough gunports to use them anyway. Would get you 10 extra cannons ;)

10 extra guns would be nice... why do I have the feeling that as soon as I order my frigates ashore they'll be jumped by a rebel ambush and captured... Your game has made me paranoid!!  :o

Virex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 29, 2011, 01:33:49 pm »

Osbord -  N/A

10 extra guns would be nice... why do I have the feeling that as soon as I order my frigates ashore they'll be jumped by a rebel ambush and captured... Your game has made me paranoid!!  :o
Don't worry, that'd be too obvious ;)
Plus, the more guns you have, the bigger the chance that you accidentally shoot Jonas...

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 29, 2011, 05:26:11 pm »

((Tab is the only form of debt Tucker knows, so tab is his word for debt :P ))

Tucker stands in the swamp fortress with his five best men. He had sent half of the militia to fortify Meskhahn and the other half was holed up in fortress standing at guard, because the blockade was making him nervous. He and his five best men were a sorry sight in comparison to Oliver's forces, but the Dechsk needed Oliver. Otherwise, if there wasn't a Dechsk, they would be subjugated. The village elder and city block representatives weren't much in the long run, but almost anything was better than the Monarchy. Tucker was reluctant to do this. He knew he would probably die, but he knew he was damned anyways. If the swamps were taken, he would surely be hanged, and he was still young.

Tucker had gone through Oliver's room last night, and found some letters that might be the ticket out of this. Two orphans had been sent off with identical letters this morning, running towards the estate of Ludwig the Scarred. The letters were the same, but Saviour only knows what could happen to an orphan out on the long roads. Tucker had memorized the letters, fretting over the wording and his terrible spelling, hoping the nobleman would accept.

Mistor Ludwig,

Oliver Morte has been impriosned in Cessfenn. If you rescud him, the revoltion would live on and keep a valable ally that would irritate the Vice-Roy and contine to fight on. I now your land is far away, but any help you coud send wuld be loved and I myself Tucker leader of the Meskhahn Militia wuld be in your tab. Please try to rescu him! I am going with a band of my men to make a try, but you wuld do beter cuase you have training. I pray that you wil get this letter and try to help!

Yours sincerly,
Tucker

Going over the letter one last time, realizing it was far too late to take many things back, he takes a swig from the flask on his hip, grins nervously at his men and holds up his small coin purse. His men laugh and clap each other on the back. Tucker says with a grin, "We may have to do some bribing, Saviour help us. If any of you have to kill, do it quick and quiet. This ain't no bar brawl, we avoiding attention. This is gonna be a big tree to fall, but we can do it!"

His broken inspiring speech concluded, Tucker heads off with his little squad towards Cessfenn.

ACTIONS:
Send a message to Ludwig.
Half the militia will fortify Meskhahn, the other half will fortify the swamp fortress.
Tucker will head to Cessfenn with his five best men and attempt to pull off a prison break. Using bribery or murder, head into the prison and try to bust Oliver and the other revolutionaries out.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 30, 2011, 10:44:20 am »

((Lol tab))

Ludwig had finished reading the letter that the orphan, who now is enjoying a good meal, delivered to him. As he finished the letter he smiled and silently said, "Don't worry mr.Tucker, you have my assistance.

ACTION:Send 100 men from the "blood brigade" to Cessfenn undercover. Let the commander speak with Tucker and his men. Do not attempt to rescue right now, but rescue at the execution.
Continue training all men, including the artillery brigade and continue pirating. Also accept the 2 lords requests to join the cause.
Sent a letter, similar to the one I sent to the Iddenberth mayor to the mayor of Kesselharm(Damn these names lol).

((How will the execution take place, hanging? Also if the Blood Brigade is good at riding, give them horses for a quick getaway.))

« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 10:46:32 am by vagel7 »
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 30, 2011, 01:34:48 pm »

Edited original orders.

Man with all this talk of prison break I should have left some of my Cessfenn garrison to act as Prison guards, oh well! I'll have to battle the other rebel players another day... Though my boats did a good job against Little's fisher navy.

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 30, 2011, 04:10:11 pm »

Man with all this talk of prison break I should have left some of my Cessfenn garrison to act as Prison guards, oh well! I'll have to battle the other rebel players another day... Though my boats did a good job against Little's fisher navy.

They did, you cheeky bastard :P
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 30, 2011, 05:51:05 pm »

Feint a retreat. but lay traps out behind us, attempt to lure the enemy out of the town, and into the woods.  Once they enter the woods and start hitting the traps, ambush them and use small skirmishes led by hunters to pick them off and confuse them, attempt to get them lost.  If they leave the town largely undefended send the reserves and woodsmen to take the town, and send the sappers to trap the roads leading back to town, so if they retreat they get stuck, and if they advance they get picked apart.
Nom nom nom

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 03, 2011, 11:50:45 pm »

Have you gotten all the turns in?

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 09, 2011, 03:54:11 am »

Bumpadi bump.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Virex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 09, 2011, 09:54:21 am »

It seems everyone has posted. Expect a new turn tomorrow.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11