Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: PsP? Trading in, Not worth keeping...  (Read 2290 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
PsP? Trading in, Not worth keeping...
« on: May 22, 2011, 08:00:18 am »

So last I heard Sony is discontinuing all the UMD games for the new PsP thing coming out soon. If not, it doesn't matter, its not enough to keep paying money to Sony, I was even gonna start buying the games Digitally, but luckly that was before I realized they were hacked. Thankfully missed that boat...

Yeah Sony I ain't even got a PS3, And I ain't gonna bother any more, your system doesn't import enough games to Australia because we won't buy them cause all you sent us when they first came out were the trash games that USA didn't buy, and maybe one or two ok games. Looking on their PsP catalog online and seeing all these games that never hit our shores. That I WOULD buy... Bah... I can't go into a Store these days and have a good long look at the PsP section, its this big... {}. One SIDE  of an aisle Shelf is all they have, the top shelving is PSP Units (Boxes) and 90% of it's games are the same game 5 times over with Preowned on them and mark down stickers. One store has the Games in boxes for less then $20 on even the Latest releases. Those $59.95 games, came out last Month, $20s... Heck even Dissidia 012 was there. I will miss my Handheld MonsterHunter games, but the Wii has Tri so I can deal...

Nintendo have been Emued too much Sony, now its your turn while I play a Nintendo product in my loungeroom or on the Throne. Too many games to count that I want to play there.

Who else out there is trading in their PsP and all their games for something like a DS or 3DS???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
Re: PsP? Trading in, Not worth keeping...
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 08:07:23 am »

TBH, had I the cash, I'd buy a PSP just for Disidia. Of course, you might not have gotten it, so yeah. Big derp up on Sony's part. They've just been getting hit by all sort of post-fan shit.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 08:08:44 am »

TBH, had I the cash, I'd buy a PSP just for Disidia. Of course, you might not have gotten it, so yeah. Big derp up on Sony's part. They've just been getting hit by all sort of post-fan shit.
Dissidia is an ok game, but the other point on me selling it is that the last PSP that wasn't mine that I have seen was in the possession of some random at an Airport waiting lounge. Thats it. A friend of mine bought one, but being young it was all about the games that were never there so he sold it back for something else...
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 10:29:33 am »

u mad bro?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2011, 10:30:39 am »

u mad bro?
No, not mad, sad. The PsP was the first System I bought for myself and supplied all the games for myself. So it kinda was the thing I always wanted. But yeah now...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2011, 10:38:48 am »

Chalk it up to a lesson learned about the mobile device market.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2011, 10:45:01 am »

Chalk it up to a lesson learned about the mobile device market.
Stick with those that have been in the business longer and know what they are doing.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2011, 10:47:19 am »

Oh I don't know. Nintendo has a pretty bad track record too in supporting what they put out on the mobile device market for long periods of time.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2011, 11:01:38 am »

I wouldn't say that's true. Sure, the DS keeps coming out with new versions that make it bad to have purchased the first generation, but it still has a decent supply of good games AND backwards compatibility, for the well supported Gameboy Advance.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2011, 11:04:31 am »

You do know that there's several cracks that allow you to play PS1 games on your PSP?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2011, 11:06:42 am »

Yeah, Nintendo makes it easy. Sony requires cracking your PSP first, doesn't it?

That said, I still have my GBA, and a 14 year old Final Fantasy 2 cartridge it still runs. Bottomline though, mobile devices come and go. So I'm sorry that was your first purchase.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 02:46:54 pm by nenjin »

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2011, 12:03:23 pm »

Man, keep it and crack it. No need to get rid of it just because they're stopping UMDs. Do what all good console players should do and open up that system to so many more possibilities. If Sony's not going to get any more of your money anyway, why not? It's a brilliant little device capable of so much more than the execs allow it. Same with the PS3.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2011, 01:18:57 pm »

I'm thinking of getting a PSP because of Monster Hunter Portable Tri, and Monster Hunter Freedom Unite.
That's probably because I live in the states, though.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2011, 01:56:20 pm »

Hack the shit out of that thing, I have been doing that to mine for years now, best decision always.

Salabasama

• Bay Watcher
  • Cyber-elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2011, 02:40:41 pm »

I wouldn't say that's true. Sure, the DS keeps coming out with new versions that make it bad to have purchased the first generation, but it still has a decent supply of good games AND backwards compatibility, for the well supported Gameboy Advance.

Yeah, but the DS cannot play Gameboy Color games. That is the only reason I keep my SP...
With a flashcart and an emulator, yes it can.  I'm catching up on all the stuff I missed over the years.
I keep thinking glacier fortress would be fun, but it always ends up as cave layer fortress.
Pages: [1] 2