Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Elfs and Goblins... allies ?  (Read 2101 times)

Kynrael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Elfs and Goblins... allies ?
« on: May 22, 2011, 06:45:56 am »

Hi !

I would like your opinion on what just happened to my adventurer.
I was walking towards a lair but then saw a camp and decided to take a detour through it. And what do I see ? Goblins & Elfs, but the strange thing is, they weren't fighting. (There are a lot more gobs and elfs on the left) I didn't think of checking what were all the items.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I come closer, then the elf chief spots me. I get killed and the goblin and elfs act together ! They don't fight.

I then go through legends. Here's what I find on the group :

Goblin group, but an elf chief right at the beginning of the creation of the group ! And also the group seems to be quite inactive. I then check the chief :

My hero was member of the strapping basement, council of adoration (thus the "became and enemy of") and the strapping basements. But this elf seems to have become an ennemy of the braided kingdoms and the strapping basement alone, I check those two civs to see if I can find any additionnal information.

I only find a lot of goblins becoming ennemies of the strapping basements : maybe one of them joined the goblin group afterwards. But I don't have the courage to go through 50 goblins to check :P
Also, the braided kingdoms attacked quite a lot elfs, and it seemed those elfs were at least at some time lead by a monster. The ennemy status towards this civ' must come from those events.

Can't find any more info'... Ideas on what caused this unholy mixed group ?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elfs and Goblins... allies ?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 06:57:07 am »

The elf was stolen as a child by goblins, raised as their own and became a leader of their raid group.
Didn't do anything important until he became chief so wasn't really mentioned in the Legends.
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

snoopychicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 08:21:42 am »

Yeah you quite often see Gobbos and humans/elves. I don't often see Goblins and dwarves though?

Kynrael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 08:27:56 am »

It suprised me because it was the first time I saw that. Adv mode really surprises me all the time ^^

Yeah, dwarves and goblins must be quite a sight :p Maybe it's seen less because they are less accessible ? Elves live in forests so they're the closest target, humans second.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2011, 09:16:20 am »

well the reason you don't see dwarf must be the lack of banditry tag I haven't check if there was.
races with that tag will appear in bandit camps and ambushes.
you just happen to found a camp between elven and goblin settlements.

just say this to your self when seeing this. "There no race discrimination when your a bandit. You take what you can get even under hiring men."
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 02:05:00 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2011, 11:45:51 pm »

I do not think dwarves have the baby snatcher tag, which would forbid them having gobbos as citizens
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 09:31:35 am »

I've raided a bandit dwarf camp. There had to be at least 30 of the midgets, some of them had steel armor. Brigand dwarves are possible, but it is quite rare apparently.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Axedwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, 10:23:54 am »

I've got a lot worse in my new world.

It is around 250 years old, in the draconic age, and an infamy happened:
My dorf people are led by a Human king. AND the second highest dude, the general, is an elf (they can't stop engraving his face all over my fortress, he apparently was a hero).

How? Why!?!

I'll check the legends once it's over, but still, I'm disgusted of my dorfs.
attend party
Skilled axedwarf
talented engraver
novice soap maker
dabbling potash maker
dabbling student

Kynrael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2011, 10:56:02 am »

AND the second highest dude, the general, is an elf

Oh, the horror...

And when you think they don't care about growing up among goblins, it just makes it worst doesn't ? This calls for a crusade against elves :p

truckman1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2011, 03:10:41 pm »

AND the second highest dude, the general, is an elf

Oh, the horror...

And when you think they don't care about growing up among goblins, it just makes it worst doesn't ? This calls for a crusade against elves :p

Hey man, don't be judgmental  like that  >:(. Do you not remember Cacame Awemedinade? Axedwarf, check legends mode, they might have epic histories.

That's the point, it wouldn't be as fun to crush their souls if they didn't have souls to begin with.

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2011, 08:14:33 pm »

my legendary adventurer was an elf (usually a bad idea) but i was lucky and spawned in heavy elf territory where i killed elf after elf until i became a legendary hero, got bored of all the people following me, and retired. I like to believe it was all a scheme to take revenge on the humans for killing animals, but after killing to many elves to count, i feel like a traitor. Killing elves is sad.

But dorfs and goblins are an elf's best kill!!!! :D
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Ig88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2011, 09:51:39 pm »

I myself have recently encountered a bandit camp consisting of elves, goblins, and humans, led by a human lasher. Probably due to goblin baby snatchers, but interesting nonetheless.

Equal Opportunity Evil (c), Because we bandits have to stick together!

Axedwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2011, 07:48:08 am »

So... I checked the legends, now that my fort had a bad case of tantruming.

first of all, I looked for the creation of the nation, which was a good idea since I got this:

off to a good start: dwarves led by night masters.
But after, like, 30 years of demonry, dwarves got the power back for 160 years.
and THEN:
all at once! no war or anything to explain it. They were heroes, perhaps?
I check the king:
uh, like nothing happened?
well, I check the first human to have power then, the general:
what a loser!

and for the elf, it was the same, except he did many beast kills in the woods and is kinda respected for that.

Then, all Dwarfscientists gathered to conclude: they were really short men, and they were tricked.
attend party
Skilled axedwarf
talented engraver
novice soap maker
dabbling potash maker
dabbling student

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2011, 08:32:36 am »

So... I checked the legends, now that my fort had a bad case of tantruming.

first of all, I looked for the creation of the nation, which was a good idea since I got this:

off to a good start: dwarves led by night masters.
But after, like, 30 years of demonry, dwarves got the power back for 160 years.
and THEN:
Unfortunately, no Night Creature kings for you. Those are probably dwarves who were stolen and turned into mates by other night creatures, that changes their identity retro-actively. Most likely, their government ended with their kidnappings. Kinda undignified endings, but at least it makes for a great story - the First King of The Mine of Contesting sets out to personally slay the Vile Woman that's been ravaging his land and people. Finding her outside her lair, he and his entourage launches an assault to finally end her reign of terror, but they fail. Seeing his brothers in arms, the pride of his nation, brought to death one by one, the King realises that this battle is one they cannot win. Summoning his remaining resolve and strength, he decides that if he is to fall this day, then he will fall as a warrior and not a coward; and he throws himself at the Vile Woman one last time, expecting to die - an honourable, if wasted death - at his enemy's hands.

But he does not. Instead, the creature of night seizes him and takes him into her lair as he struggles in vain against her force. There, she begins her foul work, twisting his body and his mind to her liking through dark rituals, forcing him to live of the flesh of his fallen comrades.. Until one night he comes forth, no longer the First King, no longer even a dwarf - he is the Vile Woman's husband now, a creature of the night, and he does his mistress' bidding. In her name, he will haunt these lands that were once his own untill the end of his days.

...Erhm, excuse me, I seem to have gone off on a tangent here. ;)
Love, scriver~