Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23

Author Topic: Black Powder Firearms  (Read 107415 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: Black Powder Firearms
« Reply #90 on: May 26, 2012, 10:42:11 am »

Saw your question in the [MODDING] Reactions, I'll have a look (BTW the gunpowder 10000 is alot of gunpowder (PRODUCT_DIMENSION multipies product amount) donno if your goal was 66/67 things of gunpowerder or you acaully want 10000 made)

Also I have gunpowder making in Regen, not as indepth as yours tho.

EDIT:

Errors with CARTRIDGES L and S
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT2:
all your rocket reactions have the same issue as your CARTRIDGES

EDIT3:
all your gunpowder reactions make an insane amount of gunpower and the reagent that takes bags remove "bag" and all should be well

for future ref reagents go like this
[REAGENT:<custom id>:<amount #>:<ITEM TYPE>:<ITEM SUB-TYPE>:<MATERIAL>:<MATERIAL SUB-TYPE>]
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 10:55:27 am by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #91 on: May 26, 2012, 10:56:18 am »

BTW ... the gunpowder 10000 is alot of gunpowder (PRODUCT_DIMENSION multipies product amount) donno if your goal was 66/67 things of gunpowerder or you acaully want 10000 made.

It was only supposed to make ten bags of it, and each bag should have been enough for ten stacks of cartridges.

Anyway, thanks for the help. I think I can fix it now. I also think I've got the ammunition issue sussed as well now; Find/Replace screwed up more stuff than I'd realised.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 11:00:19 am by Jake »
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 26, 2012, 10:59:48 am »

Also with the lines
[REAGENT:D:1000:CLOTH:MATGLOSS_PLANT:NONE] Placeholder until paper arrives in vanilla.

try

[REAGENT:D:1000:CLOTH:NONE:NONE:NONE][ANY_PLANT_MATERIAL]

EDIT:
When I first looked through your raws I was going by the Errorlog and was looking for what caused them, now taking a second look at the CARTRIDGE making reactions I saw that the cloth usage was a bit off.

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #93 on: May 26, 2012, 11:02:06 am »

Hugo, I owe you a beer. And a mention in the credits, because this is at least on a par with Acperience's contribution.

Sincerest thanks!
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 26, 2012, 11:08:52 am »

You are welcome.

At least are raws where easy to read and straight foward :P

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 29, 2012, 12:01:54 am »

looking forward to the release loved this mod for 31.25

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #96 on: May 29, 2012, 11:58:45 am »

looking forward to the release loved this mod for 31.25

Glad to hear it. Unfortunately, testing has been somewhat held up by a minor logistical issue.

The good news is, I think I've figured out a method of making shotgun ammunition that sort of works.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 12:31:11 pm by Jake »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 29, 2012, 12:05:56 pm »

Ammo with more then one type of attack? and that is crappy living settings. Worse then mine when I got to goto college (single room with the bed and everything else only a single isle to walk down, if you move the computer chair.) It's cheap so i'm happy with it

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #98 on: May 29, 2012, 12:52:01 pm »

Ammo with more then one type of attack?

Is that actually possible? I was planning to multiply the EDGE dimension of a small gunstone by six, divide the penetration depth by the same amount and reduce the SHOOT_FORCE.

and that is crappy living settings. Worse then mine when I got to go to college...

It's not so bad actually: I've got access to a shared kitchen and living room and my room itself is actually quite big. It's just that this house is a hundred years old and mains electricity was an afterthought.

GenJeFT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 29, 2012, 07:05:15 pm »

Does this work with the latest version of dwarf fortress?

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #100 on: May 29, 2012, 07:36:10 pm »

Does this work with the latest version of dwarf fortress?

Right now it doesn't really work with any version, unless you want to copy and paste Hugo's amended raws manually. Give me about a week?

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 29, 2012, 10:44:11 pm »

if you nead any help with testing im happy to help

GenJeFT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 30, 2012, 10:26:01 am »

I can wait, I have been to busy to play the game much lately anyway.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 02, 2012, 06:13:33 pm »

May I ask if I can use your guns in Regen?

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #104 on: June 03, 2012, 12:11:18 pm »

Okay, new version's out. Rather hastily thrown together, I'm afraid; I've been ill for the past few days and haven't managed to even run the new release through worldgen yet, but I did promise I'd have something ready by now.

And help yourself, Hugo, it's the least I owe you for getting the mod to actually work. (Or at least I hope so...)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23