Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: What have you learned today?  (Read 10939 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: What have you learned today?
« Reply #105 on: June 04, 2011, 03:15:30 am »

i have learnt that released goblin prisoners in adventure mode are called 'goblin drunk'. at least my buddy is anyway!

And I just learned that you can release prisoners in adventure mode. How did you do that? I think I still have a save with five demons imprisoned in a human fortress, unguarded.

i just spoke to them and asked them to join me. i think it works no matter what civ you are. i was ambushed by gobbos, and they left my gobbo buddy alone! he was useful to stop bogeymen from coming!

thunktone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 04, 2011, 10:52:29 am »

Why didn't I think of that? It works! I now have two blind demons, a cerulean demon and an iguana brute making my human bowman companion feel insignificant. One of them has "fire" though. If that means it breathes fire I don't think I'll last long.
Whenever dwarves get into melee, their first reaction is to place their baby on their head, to allow free use of both hands, and thus any headshot instead strikes the child.

Proxiee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 04, 2011, 02:23:16 pm »

Today I learned that a 3 man legendary axelord army will NOT defend off 6 ambushes at once

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 04, 2011, 09:33:58 pm »

I relearned always to note levers, and to always be paranoid, when dealing with any dwarf
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration

evileeyore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 05, 2011, 01:38:09 pm »

Today I learned to appreciate the Elves.   :-[

FrankMcFuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished Cat Cooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 05, 2011, 06:55:40 pm »

Today I learned to disown evileeyore
Urist cancels rest injury: Too injured

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 05, 2011, 07:21:37 pm »

Today I learned that orthoclase can form gem-quality transparent yellow crystals. I should mod this in as tiny clusters of gemstone among regular orthoclase.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

evileeyore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 06, 2011, 02:47:03 pm »

Today I learned to disown evileeyore
They saved a Fey mooded Dwarf from going insane from lack of metal and stone in my fort... which has 3 levels of soil based aquifer I haven't penetrated yet.

I still stole everything they had including their packbeasts.  But I said "Thanks for the fireclay!" as I did it.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 07, 2011, 03:06:10 am »

that i can find my old adventurers, but they're arseholes and won't join me.

P.S. THIS IS VITAL! I need to know whether I can retire an adventurer and if his companions will stay with them. I really want my goblin and demon friends when I build my hive army of former antmen adventurers.

Taranli Maren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 07, 2011, 11:10:11 am »

I learned that a cat has as much skin as an adult water buffalo  :o

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #115 on: June 07, 2011, 11:20:48 am »

Today, i learned that all invaders must succumb to delicious magma. Especially flammable titans. No need for cage or weapon traps when you can just build a room that floods with magma on command!
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

evileeyore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 07, 2011, 12:49:45 pm »

It's those pesky 9 lives... 9 times the skin.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 07, 2011, 01:44:14 pm »

Yeah, I was thinking toady ought to change the way tanned hides are handled to mirror cloth to some degree: the amount in units of skin obtained from an animal is equal to it's body size, and to have a complete hide for use one needs to have at least 70000 units of skin (or whatever). Everything less than 70000 should be called a partial hide, and list it's size in the description. Anything larger than 70000 units gets split up: making as many complete hides as possible and keeping any leftovers as a partial hide.
That way an elephant can be used to clothe several dwarves and one cat wouldn't provide much more than a pair of socks.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 07, 2011, 04:20:45 pm »

Today I learned the fun that is to be had with
-An elven caravan
-A locked door
-3 Squads of miserable dwarves

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 07, 2011, 06:21:25 pm »

Today I learned that orthoclase can form gem-quality transparent yellow crystals. I should mod this in as tiny clusters of gemstone among regular orthoclase.

Quote from: DF Wiki DF2010:Orthoclase page
Orthoclase is one of two minerals that are called Moonstone.

So you just need to mod small clusters of moonstone in the large clusters of orthoclase.
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10