Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Crippling lag in adventurer mode  (Read 460 times)

SoulSkorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Crippling lag in adventurer mode
« on: May 20, 2011, 04:52:53 am »

I'm trying to get into one of my abandoned fortresses as an adventurer, but every step I take in there takes about 15 seconds to load.

The weird thing is I have been into the fort before in adventurer and didn't have any problems. I grabbed some loot and got out. I think I then retired the adventurer, tried to reclaim the site and got attacked by a stray forgotten beast. So I abandoned again and tried to get into the site with an adventurer to take out the monster, and this is when the crippling lag started.

The reason I'm trying to get into the fort is because I'm running into problems with trying to un-retire an adventure, getting a "nemesis unit load failed". I heard a suggestion that it can happen if you're in a settlement that has sent a diplomat to a fort that you abandon while the diplomat is still there. So I want to get into this fort and kill any diplomats I find. Failing that, if I somehow could wipe the fort off the map completely maybe that would fix the problem too.

So is there anything I could do to fix the problem? Any clever tricks with dfhack etc?

SoulSkorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crippling lag in adventurer mode
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 04:59:34 am »

Actually, it's more like 40 seconds :(

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crippling lag in adventurer mode
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 12:13:08 am »

Do not feel bad, same thing happened to me. Greed forced me to go revisit a fort I had accidentally let the circus come visit. I was hoping to snag some bolts, and some addy armor. of course, a clown ate him. Not letting the clowns scare me, sent another adventurer there. He at least grabbed some bolts before getting clownized. Both trips had no lag.
 Third time, it was your 40 seconds per move. I figured it was the lag usually caused in fortress mode when you breach the HFS. Fourth adventurer spawned in a village near that old fort. Much to my surprise, a dwarven caravan and a elven one were inside the buildings of the hamlet. I think your idea about the diplomat is the problem.
 Perhaps you could reclaim that fort. Might cure your lag problem. Would reset the liasons visiting

Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration