Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Rapture: The Next Release Date?  (Read 4054 times)

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
Re: Rapture: The Next Release Date?
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2011, 05:52:01 pm »

I realy don't like the direction this thread is going guys

I agree. Religion discussions never end well.

metime00

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Dwarf Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2011, 06:26:34 pm »

Especially now that gods can discuss the secrets of immortality and necromancy. Religious discussions now raise the dead and their arms and legs too!
Live long if you can, and prosper by any means necessary.  Any means, Urist.  So pull that lever, or by Armok, I'll lock you outside come next siege.
He who plays with dwarves must take care that he does not become a dwarf.  And when you stare into DwarfFort, Dwarffort stares back into you.

RayesKotrora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2011, 07:25:38 pm »

Every religion is the only true religion and anyone who doesn't follow that religion will die and everyone who does follow it will not die, so all theists who believe in an afterlife will be stuck in a paradoxical time warp while atheists, Hindu, Buddhists, Japanese, and Scandinavians will be the only ones left.

Mission accomplished?

Och skänk henne dessa vinflaskor in bed henne dricka all sorg ur sitt sinn.

metime00

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Dwarf Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2011, 07:31:12 pm »

There's no DF in limbo or heaven either.
Live long if you can, and prosper by any means necessary.  Any means, Urist.  So pull that lever, or by Armok, I'll lock you outside come next siege.
He who plays with dwarves must take care that he does not become a dwarf.  And when you stare into DwarfFort, Dwarffort stares back into you.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2011, 08:31:56 pm »

Hey, if Hell exists in DF....

Guys! We gotta build a REALLY, REALLY big bridge-a-pult!! :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2011, 08:38:48 pm »

Eh. The apocalypse is essentially vaporware.

It has all the signs!

1: Meant to be awesome.
2: Hyped up an incredible amount.
3: People keep saying it's going to happen, but the release date is changed around.
4: Most people are disinterested.
5: Will probably never come.

Koji

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2011, 09:31:36 pm »

Well, I've been to church every sunday my whole life, so hopefully i have nothing to worry about.

Not unless you're in the wrong church and Jesus is really a Calvinist.  :-[
Dwarvenrealms
ASCII | Graphical
Over 220 new creatures, new civs, new industries, and a fully customized tileset!

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2011, 10:05:39 pm »

We've had discussions about farming Mermaids for meat and bones, and breaking an animal's legs so it doesn't move around to make it easier for Dwarves falling from the sky to hit the animal and cushion their falls, yet this is the thread that you're worried about?
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

xmakina

• Bay Watcher
  • in lapidem, Libertas
    • View Profile
    • Centre of the Back
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2011, 02:23:22 am »

We've had discussions about farming Mermaids for meat and bones, and breaking an animal's legs so it doesn't move around to make it easier for Dwarves falling from the sky to hit the animal and cushion their falls, yet this is the thread that you're worried about?

We also discussed breeding kittens on ledges so they would plummet to their deaths and make the dwarves a lot more cold hearted. This was considered an improvement on the original thread as that had discussed using babies instead. (The "improvement" being that kittens breed much quicker)
Anyone who doesn't have a lever causing global apocalypse isn't playing the game correctly
But it should be easy enough not to use them in a way you feel is dumb while letting other people have their hilarity.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2011, 02:51:48 am »

We also discussed breeding kittens on ledges so they would plummet to their deaths and make the dwarves a lot more cold hearted. This was considered an improvement on the original thread as that had discussed using babies instead. (The "improvement" being that kittens breed much quicker)

Not to mention removing someone's fat so they don't burn so well.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Cirius

• Bay Watcher
  • The Saga Master of Spiritwood
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2011, 03:29:54 am »

The 21st you say?

Happy birthday to me...happy birthday to me...

Make a wish you say? I can wish for anything at all?

Ok then, but I don't think you're all going to like this one...
Arch-Bishop Cirius started at the ringing of the bell, which signalled the arrival of a pilgrim with a problem to throw at him. It was always a problem. Nobody ever came to say the hymns with him... Or say happy birthday.

Welcome to Spiritwood

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2011, 06:58:33 am »

There's no DF in limbo or heaven either.

Then what sort of heaven would it be?

Hey, if Hell exists in DF....

Guys! We gotta build a REALLY, REALLY big bridge-a-pult!! :D

I'll bring the mechanisms.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

snoopychicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2011, 07:06:49 am »

So basically all us atheists are going to be stuck in Kevin Costners waterworld?
*Slits wrists*

RayesKotrora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2011, 07:19:33 am »

So basically all us atheists are going to be stuck in Kevin Costners waterworld?
*Slits wrists*

Or that crappy version of Hyrule in the Windwaker.

As long as we have sapient boats.

Och skänk henne dessa vinflaskor in bed henne dricka all sorg ur sitt sinn.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2011, 12:43:47 pm »

300 Million migrants cheesemakers people (according to some sources) will be raptured? Unemployment-problem: solved. That is if this happens only in the "western" world where the christian ideology is most common. 300 Million are roughly 26% of North-americas and europes combined Population, given the unemployment rate of Europe (no sufficient data available for N. Amerka according to Wolfram alpha) is on average 8% we can expect that the "post rapture" unemployed will fill up all the jobs that are needed to provide basic services like Food, power, water, healthcare etc.

Yeah i am rather pragmatic.   

Well as much i like this "rapture" and "end of the world" it is getting old. I mean cant we get  new form of religious apocalypse? I mean we didnt have a proper "ragnarök" in a long time.

A waterworld itself wouldnt be that bad especially because theres nowhere enought water for that althought the sea could rise a couple of meters.

Anyway i doubt that i will go to any "christian heaven" (because i dont want to) so yeah seya guys, it was nice to meet you and you can come back whenever you want  ;D . Hmm seriously now why have all the "heathens" to suffer under the "apocalypse"? I mean isnt it enough that the "true believers" get to theyr "Happy place"?

[edit] to have a bit df in my argument: We have now zombiefication and immortality in the game so we could have some guy pullinga jesus off XD. Now all we need would be random prophecies being made by some nutjob. [/edit]
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 12:46:31 pm by Heph »
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4