Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18

Author Topic: The PROTECT IP act. (USA)  (Read 12480 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: The PROTECT IP act. (USA)
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2011, 01:26:18 pm »

To stop piracy.

Legalize priacy, tax it.
Problem somewhat solved.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2011, 01:26:57 pm »

Herp. Stupidest thing I have ever heard. I really hope you are joking.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2011, 01:27:28 pm »

Did I ever say I was serious?  :P

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2011, 01:35:38 pm »

Poorly thought out things with good intentions do not equal death needing.
I see no good intentions at all here. Piracy is a corporate problem, not governmental. They need to either deal with it themselves or shut up about it, the government will only add more red tape to this and not stop anyone except the casual pirates leftover post-Limewire.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2011, 01:39:51 pm »

Even with piracy nowadays, corporations earn more than my family would earn in a lifetime in a day. This is including the people who have been dead for at most 30 years.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2011, 01:43:12 pm »

I see no good intentions at all here. Piracy is a corporate problem, not governmental. They need to either deal with it themselves or shut up about it, the government will only add more red tape to this and not stop anyone except the casual pirates leftover post-Limewire.

I do not see anything there saying the intentions are bad. Just the implementation.

Even with piracy nowadays, corporations earn more than my family would earn in a lifetime in a day. This is including the people who have been dead for at most 30 years.

Yes. That is a good comparison because a corporation has the same expenses and economic impact as four people.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2011, 01:45:03 pm »

I do not see anything there saying the intentions are bad. Just the implementation.

Yes. That is a good comparison because a corporation has the same expenses and economic impact as four people.
I'm talking about everybody related to me. Even with corporate expenses the corporation would earn more.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2011, 01:52:24 pm »

Yeah. I got no idea what you are talking about anymore. If you are talking about people closely related to you, then the corporation is still much much larger. If you are talking about literally everyone you are wrong.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2011, 01:56:00 pm »

Hes saying that everyone he knows combined makes less than a corporation 'hurt' by piracy.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2011, 02:03:59 pm »

And everyone he knows is nothing compaired to a corporation.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2011, 02:06:05 pm »

And everyone he knows is nothing compaired to a corporation.
Who's family IS in comparison with a corporation, though? Aside from the extremely famous ones.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2011, 02:08:24 pm »

None?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2011, 02:17:02 pm »

Well whatever you guys were trying to say there, this is still a stupid idea.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2011, 02:23:14 pm »

Stopping piracy is stupid. And an evil idea : it require filtering every communication.  Intellectual property is a scam.

But almost everyone know this, this is just an excuse to make you pay even more for , well, nothing, and to restrict your freedom.
Solution? check everyone who voted in favor of this law, make a black list and penalize them as much as you can politically.
Find anyone who supported this, and boycott them. They want to screw with you? Screw with them!
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2011, 02:29:27 pm »

Intellectual property is a scam.

Why?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18