Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 42

Author Topic: Roll to Survive Cerberus IV: Closed  (Read 25986 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Survive Cerberus IV: Turn 11
« Reply #420 on: May 29, 2011, 09:42:05 pm »

Yeah, I know. It was weird, huh? o.o I mean jeez. You think given the earth's rotation and how large a landmass North America is at least one of 'em would've hit like Tennessee or Virginia or something...
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: May 29, 2011, 10:36:26 pm »

Quote from: Taricus / Taric Al-Sayyid: 33
"Hey guys! Look what I've made!"
Taric ran back to show everyone his new weaponry! (Which the GM forgot to add to his inventory until just now >.>) With these, they had some backups to defend themselves with, just in case.

Quote from: Dwarmin / Rebecca White: 64
Drag Tarran to the raft and get going.
As soon as Tarran was done messing about with the river bank, Rebecca grabbed him, drug him aboard, and shoved off towards Rivergate. (Two turns until the pair of you arrive in Rivergate.)

Quote from: Jetsquirrel / Marion Chris Hibaru: 62
Try to make somehow a fire by using my knowledge of mechanics and physics
Figuring that they had better make the most of their shelter until Rebecca and Tarran returned with help, Marion piled up some of the wood he had gathered to make a fire. (Int: 1, overshoot) He started a fire, all right. Some of the trees were ablaze! Maybe it would be best to hide out in the cave for now...

Quote from: Riccto / Enriqe Halonz: 11
Climb up some tree's and look for some fruit or something like that
Enriqe climbed a tree. (Int: 1, overshoot. What the hell, RNG?) He found lots of fruit! A ton of it! He got so busy collecting the coconut-like foodstuffs that he didn't even notice the fire until it was almost upon him! (End: 3, success) Luckily, he hadn't breathed in enough smoke to hurt his lungs, and dropped through the fire to the ground. He hurried back to the cave with his comestibles. (Enriqe gets: 8 Cerberus Coconuts!)

Quote from: Tyberix / Simon Walker: N/A
Lag out of the game
Simon wandered off into the forest to eat his mushrooms... unaware of the pack of Ziras following him... and the fire Marion had started...

BAD END

Quote from: Tarran / Tarran Bris: First by request
Once again, look for bugs that mah parasite friends like on the ground. If my friends need help, I'll help them.

Tarran continued to look for tasties. (Int: 3, success) He found an odd, golden-glowing little leech-looking thing. He remembered he had eaten one of these things to get his tail... but he'd cooked it first with a few spices. Eating it raw would probably hurt him. He put it away for later. (Tarran gets: Golden Leech!)

Quote from: Powder Miner / May Powlin: N/A
Connect to server
May was still running after the raid last night. How had this happened? She couldn't believe it! Of all nights for the village to be attacked... and now she was running from a forest fire on top of everything else! She hurdled a dead body that had been chewed on by Ziras as she headed towards the mountain, unable to think of anywhere else to go... and she lucked out, because she saw Enriqe heading for a cave! She followed him and met up with the ones staying behind.

Spoiler: HP Counts (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 10:46:08 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: May 29, 2011, 10:38:35 pm »

"Okay, I say we try and make a larger raft to catch up with Tarran and rebecca. Any helpers?" Try and make a second, larger raft.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: May 29, 2011, 10:44:16 pm »

Sure you wanna go out during a raging forest fire? :3

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: May 29, 2011, 10:45:25 pm »

"Wait, why is there a-multiple plumes of smoke coming from where we once were?"
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: May 29, 2011, 10:45:48 pm »

Point.

Make something out of the junk, preferably combat boots.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: May 30, 2011, 12:06:21 am »

Try and make a second, larger raft.

SeriousConcentrate shot down that idea because we didn't have an axe or something to gather big logs with. Don't worry, we'll bring back help from Rivergate. Pinky swear.

-------------

"Wait, why is there a-multiple plumes of smoke coming from where we once were?"

"It's clear our foolish former friends have met a fiery fate!" Rebecca said, chuckling at her own wit, and on the lookout for submerged rocks...and worse things. They would shred this ramshackle little raft into woodchips. But, then again, Rebecca could swim. Tarran would likely sink like a mildly handsome stone. Glub glub glub...

"Actually, they should be safe in the cave. They might attract unwanted attention though..everyone is going to see that smoke for miles. If they were listening to me now, I'd tell them to start travelling down the river so we can pick them up half way. Any idea how we're going to convince the good people of Rivergate to help us?" Rebecca mulled. She remembered travelling to Rivergate a few times to sell fish to the markets, or buy things like rods, nets and hooks. She recalled were a serious sort of people, very dull and nutty religious, some of them anyway.

All in all, it wasn't a bad day. Sun shining, no clouds, river flowing, Cerberus worms burrowing into on a corpse on the riverbank to her right. Weren't rivers supposed to symbolic or something in stories? Like being reborn, or moving on, or something...change is the only constant and all that, after all.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Survive Cerberus IV: Turn 12
« Reply #427 on: May 30, 2011, 12:11:33 am »

"Well, we could tell them we were raided. I guess. I'm not really a person who talks to others a whole lot, so I don't know what else to say."
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: May 30, 2011, 12:23:23 am »

"Well, we could tell them we were raided. I guess. I'm not really a person who talks to others a whole lot, so I don't know what else to say."

"Me neither...I guess we can offer them some indentured labor. Do you know how to gut fish?"

Rebecca knew how to gut fish, anyway, but thought Tarran was used to gutting larger prey.  She was glad to have some backup in case things went South.

Also, what the Hell is that squirming golden thing I saw in your pack? Don't those wait till you go to sleep to crawl into your ear and suck your brain juice?" really though, that had actually happened to people she knew. Eww!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: May 30, 2011, 12:23:44 am »

Too bad you grabbed Tarran and not Taric. :3 He had the highest charisma of every available at that point (Powder has more now). Here's hoping he gets my PM though. :-\

Speaking of waitlisting and such, wolfchild, if you're lurking you might as well get a character ready; now that Powder's in you're next on the list. ^^

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: May 30, 2011, 12:29:54 am »

Too bad you grabbed Tarran and not Taric. :3

I wouldn't want Taric to get his shiny guns all wet and useless.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 12:47:43 am by Dwarmin »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: May 30, 2011, 12:32:44 am »

...You know what I want to say to that. I'm going to try not to.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: May 30, 2011, 12:34:08 am »

"Kinda. I watched some people do it before.

The thing in my backpack... uh... not entirely sure. Though I'm pretty sure those don't suck your brain juice, I've never caught them on my ear before. Have caught them on my chest, near my heart before. Getting that one off without bleeding too much was a bitch. As to why I have it... I have a strange craving right now. No idea why. Don't worry, it won't be with us for very long if things go alright."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: May 30, 2011, 12:47:06 am »

"Well, I'm not one to pry.

we should get to rivergate in a few hours, weather and luck permitting. Should be a smooth ride till then...so tell me, Tarran, your pretty handy with that blade. Where did you learn to do things like that?"

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: May 30, 2011, 01:20:31 am »

"It's long... but since we have nothing else to do, why not, you are the first girl that hanged out with me in the special way...

When I was 11, my village was raided and my parents killed. I escaped with a knife, and was forced to survive for... god knows how long. I can't remember. I don't even know how I did it, I just did, like something inside of me wanted me to survive even harder than I ever could. I mean, even when I was bleeding out and about to lay down and die, something forced me onward to home so I could close the wound.

I had to kill a knife. As you can imagine, it was pretty hard. I had to be as quiet as possible, and kill on the first strike unless I was planning to take a few bits taken out of me. This was the beginning.

When I was... 13 something, I found another village, which I stayed in for a couple of months in and out until a shady old man came to me. See, he had been watching me for a long time, and was apparently impressed with me. He offered me lessons to further increase my skills. Apparently he is a descendant of the old empire's Combat Assassins. When I asked him what it would cost, he told me that it's free. I still do not know why to this day he taught me for free.

So, I spent... uhhh... I think until 18, learning the ways of the old assassins. Killing without making a whisper. Until the old man finally breathed his last breath. On his last breaths, he gave me this knife, made out of 'Tungsten Carbide' which extremely tough. Left without anyone else that cared about me, I went back into the wilderness.

When I was 21, I eventually came across a small, quaint village that was having trouble starting. Our former village. They asked for help, I accepted.

At least, I think that's how it happened. It's all a blur, since I spent quite a long time surviving.

Also, did you know if you hit the neck just right you can partially sever the spine, causing paralysis, without leaving a huge mark? Just put the blade right here *touches hand on spine, somewhat hard, and arced 15 degrees upwards, causing Rebecca to feel slightly numb, then releases*, push in lightly, and your opponent will loose all control over their body. If you aren't planning on killing them, just incapacitating them temporarily, chop it with your hand as hard as you can, and they'll loose a lot of feeling in their body for a decent while. It could save your life knowing this."
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 42