Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 42

Author Topic: Roll to Survive Cerberus IV: Closed  (Read 25949 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Survive Cerberus IV: Turn 16
« Reply #495 on: June 01, 2011, 11:35:04 pm »

Sure, feel free to do so. Here's how they work, just so you know:

[Good/bad:] Is it good or bad? 1 is VERY BAD, 2 is Bad, 3 is trade-off good and bad. 4 is good, 5 is great, 6 is a large trade-off.
[Strength:] How much it changes. 1 is very little, 2 is a little, 3 is minor, 4 is medium, 5 is large, and 6 is a huge change.
[Mental/Physical:] Self explanatory. 2/3 chance to be physical, 1/3 chance to be mental (the lower chance for mental mutations is for a number of reasons, but I'm kinda busy right now, so I don't want to explain. Just roll with me here).
[Passive/Active:] Is it something that's actively doing something once and a while? Or is it something that sits inside of you and just effects the overall result of things? Things like longer legs, a brain that has increased brain mass, increased strength, are all Passive. A second heart, a tail, wings, tentacle arms, are all Active. It's a loose term, just so you know.

Feel free to modify them.

Now, I really hope I get a good roll.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: June 01, 2011, 11:37:59 pm »

Nah, I gotcha. Mental mutations might end up with moar wackiness than just physical ones. OK, I'll note those down. I dunno if I'll keep them on a d6, since they're already that way, or move them up to a d10 yet... But I got some time until everyone else posts to think about it. ^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: June 01, 2011, 11:39:28 pm »

More body horror! D:

Rebecca wasn't sure if she was ready to take on the bandits yet...but she would enquire, at least.

Action:Check option three first-see how well armed the militia is, and ask if they would be willing to spare armor for the duration of the raid for me.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: June 01, 2011, 11:44:09 pm »

Well, with just a golden leech it's not going to be THAT drastic a change, although I might make it where if you mutate enough than eventually even one of those will cause massive changes since you're repeatedly overwriting yourself with SUPERIOR D! N! A! That reminds me, I might actually have an 'out' to have magic all up in this piece. So if Tarran gets lucky he might get, oh, I dunno, minor pyrokinesis or something... or he might get something horrible like being extra magnetic to wasp stingers. >:3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: June 01, 2011, 11:46:28 pm »

More body horror! D:
Fun for everybody! :D

Anyway, Serious, can anyone else mutate? Or am I just a lucky guy?

Well, with just a golden leech it's not going to be THAT drastic a change, although I might make it where if you mutate enough than eventually even one of those will cause massive changes since you're repeatedly overwriting yourself with SUPERIOR D! N! A! That reminds me, I might actually have an 'out' to have magic all up in this piece. So if Tarran gets lucky he might get, oh, I dunno, minor pyrokinesis or something... or he might get something horrible like being extra magnetic to wasp stingers. >:3
OH GOD WASPS
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: June 01, 2011, 11:50:34 pm »

Anyone can, but the only person who knows what they're actually looking for is you. ^^ And if you blow your cooking roll you'll fry the leech, so it's still a bit iffy as to if anything will happen at the moment. Actually, wait, didn't you show Dwarmin the leech? Rebecca probably knows what to look for too now.

But no splitting the thing! Nobody will get anything that way; too low a dosage. >:3

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: June 02, 2011, 03:05:45 pm »

Look around the cave and search for something usefull to do

har har a point eh? Let's see i want to have  increased strenght
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 07:43:45 pm by Jetsquirrel »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: June 02, 2011, 03:10:45 pm »

Look for work repairing items. Payment in items or money only.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: June 02, 2011, 04:14:02 pm »

Look for Job's for one such as thyself.
Raggle Fraggle

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: June 02, 2011, 06:09:00 pm »

Moar charisma.
May decided she might as well get some exercise. She went out and jogged, keeping an eye out for more things to hunt.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: June 02, 2011, 08:01:39 pm »

Quote from: Taricus / Taric Al-Sayyid: 37
Look for work repairing items. Payment in items or money only.
Taric decided to look around and see if there was any sort of work related to repairing. (Cha: 9, failure) Despite his skill, no one believed him when he said he was a skilled engineer. :(

Quote from: Dwarmin / Rebecca White: 95
Check option three first-see how well armed the militia is, and ask if they would be willing to spare armor for the duration of the raid for me.
Rebecca decided to check on Option 3 first before telling anyone else about the job. Going to the militia's base, she asked a few basic questions about how well-armed they were and if they were willing to spare any armor for those who chose to help out. (Cha: 6, failure) The militia leader didn't trust her enough to tell her about their armaments, believing she might be a scout for the raiders - the fact she was carrying a gun normally used by them didn't help her case any. Besides which, it looked like her custom-made prowler armor was at least as good as, if not better, than what the leader had.

Quote from: Jetsquirrel / Marion Chris Hibaru: 73
Look around the cave and search for something useful to do (strike since you're all at Rivergate ^^; )
Marion and Enriqe headed into town to find something useful to do; within a short time they had found the same message board as Rebecca.

Option 1: There's an opening to haul crates off and onto the ships. Rivergate is a port town in addition to having a side on the river, so trade is fairly frequent through here.
Option 2: Some traders are heading northwest to Ashwild through somewhat dangerous territory.
Option 3: The local militia is planning a raid of their own on a known bandit stronghold after what happened at Corryn Valley.

Quote from: Riccto / Enriqe Halonz: 63
Look for Job's for one such as thyself.
(see Marion)

Quote from: Tarran / Tarran Bris: 52
See if I can find a fire around town that someone else made. Once found, rub the leech in spices, run it through with a stick, and let it sit over the fire a little. Then eat it.
Tarran went to find an unoccupied fire. He lucked out, but there was still the matter of actually cooking the leech. He wrapped it in the roots and leaves he had gathered earlier, completely ignoring the fact a bitter plant and a sweet plant would mix absolutely horribly, and set it to cook. (Int: 3, success) After waiting awhile, turning the stick every so often to ensure the leech was cooked evenly and the spices had set in, he removed it from the fire and ate it. You know what you are? Disgusting, that's what. The force observing Tarran is unable to believe that he ate a leech. (5, change is very positive. Auto-2 for poor mutating materials; the change is little. 6, the change is physical. 3, change is passive) At first he didn't feel any different. For a few moments afterward he felt quite ripped off, in fact. He closed his eyes, took a deep breath, and opened them again... and the world was far too bright! It was almost impossible to see! He squinted, turned his head away, blinked again... and when he opened his eyes everything was normal. Still a bit bright, perhaps, nothing he couldn't handle.

(Mutation: Tapetum Lucidum! Commonly found in cats, this is a reflective layer of tissue inside the eye that reflects light, improving sight in darkened areas at the cost of a little clarity. Due to this mutation, Tarran doesn't suffer any negative effects from operating in dark areas... but his pupils now glow red when light is shined on them. Whether this is a positive or a negative is up to interpretation.)

Quote from: Powder Miner / May Powlin: 65
May decided she might as well get some exercise. She went out and jogged, keeping an eye out for more things to hunt.
Electing to ignore Rivergate for now, May went to the outskirts to hunt. (Int: 9) She couldn't find any wildlife, but at least she got some exercise in.

Spoiler: HP (click to show/hide)

Edited to correct spelling errors. :-\
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 08:19:48 pm by SeriousConcentrate »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Survive Cerberus IV: Turn 17
« Reply #506 on: June 02, 2011, 08:04:33 pm »

Demonstrate my abilities, go find something damaged and repair it!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 07:33:57 am by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: June 02, 2011, 08:07:13 pm »

Not perfect, but still nice!

Now I will become an absolute monster in nightfighting. Heheheheh.

Feeling content, along with content parasites, Tarran tried to find Rebecca to see what was going on.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: June 02, 2011, 08:16:06 pm »

Rebecca was frustrated. It was clear they wouldn't trust her...she decided to check with the traders, and then make her final choice.

Investigate option 2-find out how much it pays!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: June 03, 2011, 06:18:06 am »

Haul the crates, im strong enough to do that!
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 42