Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 42

Author Topic: Roll to Survive Cerberus IV: Closed  (Read 25961 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Survive Cerberus IV: Turn 14
« Reply #465 on: May 31, 2011, 09:02:22 pm »

"Rah! How do you like me n-Hey, get off of her!"

Charge the remaining one, setting my blade deep in it's heart.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: May 31, 2011, 09:17:06 pm »

Grab the nap by the horns and take it. Dream of sneaking around and avoiding !
Raggle Fraggle

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: May 31, 2011, 09:20:40 pm »

"Well, might as well prepare it." May set to the task of working with the meat to make it into a viable meal.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: May 31, 2011, 09:53:43 pm »

Rotten little bastard...I'll... *THWOCK* The world began spinning in circles...and

She lands on her back, and stares up the blue sky. "You've got to defend yourself Becca!" Her father says, laughing. They're having sparring practice. Rebeccas got form and balance, it's just she often neglects defending herself in favor of a strong attack. Her father has shown her this particular lesson many times. She gets back up. "Hey, I got you didn't I?"

Her father nods "Sure, but are you going to settle with a tie in a battle between life and death? You've only one life to spend, after all...now, you need to...

Get back up, and try again!

Try and get back up to stab the monster!

« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 09:59:24 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: May 31, 2011, 10:25:24 pm »

SeriousConcentrate, you think you could finish up the battle tonight, now that me and Tarran have done our extended combat actions? I'd like to know I meet the reaper tonight.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: May 31, 2011, 10:26:43 pm »

D'you mean run the rest of the battle now as a mini-turn? Uh, sure I guess.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: May 31, 2011, 10:29:26 pm »

SeriousConcentrate, you think you could finish up the battle tonight, now that me and Tarran have done our extended combat actions? I'd like to know I meet the reaper tonight.
Don't worry, man, I'm coming for you. Unless we get horrible rolls you should survive.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: May 31, 2011, 10:35:37 pm »

REBECCA & TARRAN vs GILLMARA 1 [Initiative is the same, so Rebecca / Tarran / Gillmara]

Tarran moved to help Rebecca, but as it turned out... it was unnecessary. As the Gillmara bent down to pick her up, she stabbed it through the left eye and flung the corpse aside, then accepted the assassin's help up.

Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: May 31, 2011, 10:36:58 pm »

"Huh, you okay Rebecca?" Tarran says as he kneels next to Rebecca.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: May 31, 2011, 10:47:32 pm »

"Huh, you okay Rebecca?" Tarran says as he kneels next to Rebecca.

Rebecca mumbles "Trying to climb the crows nest again...Dad told me not to...watch out for that first step..."

Sitting up, she spots the bloody water. "I guess I fell down again...I'm feeling a bit, uh dizzy. Like I just went twelve rounds with a really bad bottle of moonshine...make sure the raft keeps moving Tarran...there's always more trouble coming...more than we knew what to do with.." She falls back onto the deck of the boat, allowing blissful sleep to take her away.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: May 31, 2011, 10:49:56 pm »

Tarran gets rowing on the boat again. Faster now.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: June 01, 2011, 12:35:19 am »

work out to improve my strenght or condition

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: June 01, 2011, 02:13:28 am »

Quote from: Taricus / Taric Al-Sayyid: 18
Draw up some plans for a suit of powered armour.
Taric opened up the word processor on his PDA and manipulated the hologram, making designs for powered armor. (Int-2 difficulty: 8, fail) Having never seen any powered armor before, or metal armor at all for that matter, he doesn't have the slightest clue as to where to begin designing it and ends up indulging fantastical possibilities that could never work. :-\ At least he had fun doing it.

Quote from: Dwarmin / Rebecca White: 22
She falls back onto the deck of the boat, allowing blissful sleep to take her away.
Rebecca passed out. Unfortunately, because it was due to pain and not choice, her dreams weren't nearly as interesting as Enriqe's... but they were definitely more restful.

Quote from: Jetsquirrel / Marion Chris Hibaru: 44
work out to improve my strength or condition
Marion grabbed some rocks and lifted them. (Str: 5, success) After some time moving them around, he got a feel for how to hold rocks, and possibly how to throw them better... (The rocks in Marion's inventory now do +1 more damage)

Quote from: Riccto / Enriqe Halonz: 91
Grab the nap by the horns and take it. Dream of sneaking around and avoiding !
Enriqe, figuring there was nothing to do until the pair of them got back, decided to sleep... and dream of being Grenade Anaconda! (GA - Str: 4 Agi: 6 End: 3 Int: 6 Cha: 2) (Agi: 5, success) Anaconda slipped into the shadows and let one of the many raiders go by, then stepped out silently... the raider never saw it coming as he put his silenced pistol to the back of his head and pulled the trigger! Dragging the body into the shadows, he patted it down and got a keycard out of it, then moved to nearby door and opened it with his new acquisition.

(Agi: 5, success) He pressed up against the wall and checked his gun. 12 shots left, and a pair of raiders in the room. He drew one of his empty clips and tossed it at the far wall. (Enemy Int: 9, 6, failures) They both went over to investigate, and he aimed at their radios. (Int: 4, 2, success, 10 shots left) Both shattered under his gun fire, and the raiders turned to engage, unable to call for backup! Anaconda immediately shot the first raider in the left leg to slow him long enough to aim, but just before he had fired the raiders had shot! The second missed him, but the first's bullet grazed his right leg. He took aim and shot the raider in the chest, hitting him in the heart and dropping him as the second continued to run up, firing and hitting him in the left arm!

Anaconda whipped the gun around and shot him in the hand, making him drop his weapon. In pain but undaunted like a good dream-AI, the raider drew his knife with his left hand and attacked! GA ducked the blow, shooting him in the left leg and blowing out the knee. HP depleted, the raider fell over. Anaconda watched the bodies blink a few times and vanish, unperturbed. This was a dream, after all. (6 shots left) He advanced deeper into the facility as Enriqe mumbled something in his sleep and rolled over.

Spoiler: COMBAT (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Tarran / Tarran Bris: 43
Tarran gets rowing on the boat again. Faster now.

Tarran grabbed the large rib Rebecca had been using to paddle and took over the job of getting them downstream as fast as possible. He didn't want to be attacked, not while on his own and trying to protect an unconscious woman. (MAR: 9) If any more of those things were in the area, they were busy eating the dead ones they had left behind. In a matter of hours, Tarran saw the riverside docks of Rivergate ahead! They had made it in record time! Now they just had to convince someone to go back towards the forest fire and pick up the others...

Quote from: Powder Miner / May Powlin: 9
"Well, might as well prepare it." May set to the task of working with the meat to make it into a viable meal.
May decided that she was going to spend her time productively and get to work curing that meat. (End: 4, success) She went back out into the fire and got a few of the branches that hadn't burned yet, along with one that had, and brought them into the cave. She arranged them into a small pile near the entrance and set the steaks to cook. (May gets: 2x Cooked Steaks!)

-------------------------

It was early the next day. Tarran and Rebecca had managed to convince a part of people to go back and pick up the others (Cha: 2, 5) and with Rebecca's charm they managed to talk them into doing it for free as a gesture of good will! Without a place to stay and no money, they had been forced to sleep at the outskirts, but the day was dawning bright and young. What would the six of them do?

(Introductory mission completed, which means: 1 stat point or skill for everybody! Also, time to roll Endurance:
Taric: 7, no HP increase
Rebecca: 10, no HP increase
Marion: 2, +2 HP increase
Enriqe: 3, +3 HP increase
Tarran: 7, no HP increase
May: 6, +6 HP increase

If any of you plan to put points in Endurance I'll let you reroll, but you won't get to keep the initial result. ^^)

Spoiler: HP (click to show/hide)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Survive Cerberus IV: Turn 15
« Reply #478 on: June 01, 2011, 02:20:22 am »

Point into Intelligence. Need moar Leaches of Mutation. Also may come in handy some time in the future.

Tarran looks around for some spice plants, asking anyone else for some help.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Survive Cerberus IV: Turn 15
« Reply #479 on: June 01, 2011, 02:22:17 am »

Point into Intelligence. Need moar Leaches of Mutation. Also may come in handy some time in the future.

I'd have to agree, during the intro Int was used A LOT. Hopefully now that you guys are in an urban environment Agi and Cha will come up a lot more... ^^; A failing on my part, that.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 42