Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 42

Author Topic: Roll to Survive Cerberus IV: Closed  (Read 25945 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Survive Cerberus IV: Now in sign-ups
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2011, 04:55:35 am »

OK, Talarion and wolfchild to the waitinglist. ^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tyberix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Survive Cerberus IV: Now in sign-ups
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2011, 03:27:06 pm »

Go on a trip around the Valley and find a big wooden piece, then carve a nice totem from it for the anniversary.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Roll to Survive Cerberus IV: Turn 1
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2011, 03:56:59 pm »

Quote from: Taricus / Taric Al-Sayyid
Look around for some parts.
Taric decided to head to the crater where they had gotten scrap metal for the buildings to see if he could find any parts in working order. (Int: 3, success) After pushing around some rocks and sorting through piles of scrap deemed worthless, he came across what seemed to be a container of some sort. It was closed with a simple latch and wasn't even locked! He opened it and poked around; apparently it was a tool kit, but most of the items had already been looted by whoever had left it here. (Taric gets: Toolkit with Small Wrench and Screwdriver!) Unfortunately there weren't any actual electronics or anything to pick up; they had either been taken years ago or destroyed in the initial crash that had formed the crater.

Quote from: Dwarmin / Rebecca White
Go prowl the local stream for fish with my spear
Rebecca headed to the source of water and fish for the community, a stream about half a mile north of the village. (Int: 1, overshoot) While peering into the water, she saw an entire school of fish swim by. She attempted to stab one but overbalanced and fell in! After a moment she was able to get out of the water, but she had scared the fish away. On the other hand, she now had some fish eggs on her clothes, and she cleaned them off into her hands. (Rebecca gets: Handful of caviar!)

Quote from: Jetsquirrel / Marion Chris Hibaru
Go to family and say farewell if i  have any. If my guy doesn't have parents then get ahold of a nice backpack and fit some handy stuff in there
Marion said goodbye to his father and left his family's tent to find a good backpack. (Cha: 7, fail) Upon finding someone who had one, he attempted to talk them into giving it to him, but was unable to. What would he do? Offer a service, look elsewhere, or give up on a backpack?

Quote from: Riccto / Enriqe Halonz
Look for something to DOooooO
Bored, Enriqe left his tent and looked around for something to do until the celebration tonight. (Int: 7, fail) Unfortunately, pretty much all work was stopped for the day. If he wanted to do something he'd have to think of it himself.

Quote from: Tyberix / Simon Walker
Go on a trip around the Valley and find a big wooden piece, then carve a nice totem from it for the anniversary.
(Int: 4, success) Feeling that he should contribute to the festivities, Simon patrolled the edge of the jungle until he found a nice, large fallen branch. The area seemed to be safe, so he sat to carve it. (Agi: 5, success) The time went by swiftly, as it seems to when one is doing something they enjoy. Within an hour Simon had cut the wood down to about half the size and whittled it into the shape of a sheep, one of the primary sources of food and clothing for the village. Everyone would surely appreciate this nice totem. (Simon gets: Sheep Totem!)

Quote from: Tarran / Tarran Bris
Contemplate life while stalking Simon randomly without letting him notice me.
(Int: 8, fail) Tarran thought about life but got bored with philosophy immediately, and forgot all about it as soon as he got the idea to stalk Simon. (Agi: 4, success) He managed to stay out of sight, but it turned out stalking Simon wasn't the best idea since he ended up watching the man carve a totem.

---
Involved in various tasks, everyone has passed some time. Two turns until the celebration begins. ^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Survive Cerberus IV: Turn 1
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2011, 04:05:35 pm »

Open the workshop so everyone can get everything repaired before the festival. If someone comes in, do that job otherwise see if I can make some more ammo for my rifle.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2011, 04:13:34 pm »

Rebecca was laughing. This wasn't the first time she got herself soaked and bothered. Those fish were going to pay!

Wrap the caviar in leaf, and continue downstream looking for the fish
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2011, 04:15:12 pm »

Look for something Shiny and Interesting by town, Wierdo On.
Raggle Fraggle

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2011, 04:32:18 pm »

Two turns? Urgh...

"...BOO!"

Scare Simon out of his pants.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2011, 11:57:44 pm »

Offer a service! a big and bulky man can easly perform a job!

Tyberix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2011, 08:09:52 am »

After leaving the Sheep Totem in the village, go and climb the mountain slope as high as possible.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2011, 09:06:43 am »

Quote from: Taricus / Taric Al-Sayyid
Open the workshop so everyone can get everything repaired before the festival. If someone comes in, do that job otherwise see if I can make some more ammo for my rifle.
Taric opened the workshop, just in case, while he searched through the building. (Int: 9, failure) Unfortunately, there were no clips, casings, or gunpowder anywhere around to even attempt to make ammo with. On the other hand, George, the town herbalist, came in with his pistol. "The damn thing jammed on me," he said. "Can you fix it? I'll give you these." George laid two packets of herbs on the counter. (These herbs are roughly the equivalent of antiseptic liquid+bandages, and heal 3 HP when used.)

Quote from: Dwarmin / Rebecca White
Wrap the caviar in leaf, and continue downstream looking for the fish
Thinking some obvious innuendo to both amuse herself and mess with any forces of fate that might or might not be watching over her and might or might not interpret pretty much everything in that fashion, Rebecca tied the caviar into a few broad leaves and put it in a pocket for later. She followed the water downstream, looking for more fish. (Int: 2, success) This time she found an enormous, slow-moving, carp-looking fish. STRIFE!!! ...Actually, she just speared it in one quick shot and pulled it out of the water. (Rebecca gets: 18-pound Amsir!)

Quote from: Jetsquirrel / Marion Chris Hibaru
Offer a service! a big and bulky man can easily perform a job!
Marion offered to move heavy objects for the woman with the backpack, and Ilyana thought about it for a moment. "I could use some more firewood, and I know where a few trees fell near the jungle. If you can bring me some of the wood there I'll give you my pack," she said. Marion accepted and followed her directions. (Str: 4, success) One of the logs was smoother than the others, lacking branches, and he was able to drag it back with little difficulty. "Thanks!" she said. "As agreed, here's my backpack." Ilyana took it off and handed it over. (Marion gets: Heavy leather backpack!)

Quote from: Riccto / Enriqe Halonz
Look for something Shiny and Interesting by town, Wierdo On.
(Odd/Even: 1, so +1 to Int. Int: 1, overshoot) Enriqe headed east, towards the mountain, to look for shiny objects. He found one, all right: a highly dangerous lizard with shining, reflective scales! His PDA noted they were known as Zira and normally were found in the deeper parts of the jungle, but since they were carnivorous this one was probably chasing food. It was half his size but if he killed it he could keep the valuable hide...

Quote from: Tyberix / Simon Walker
After leaving the Sheep Totem in the village, go and climb the mountain slope as high as possible.
Simon, pleased with his success, went back to the village and the small table where others were placing things for the celebration. He left the totem there, then went towards the mountain to climb it. (End: 4, fail) He didn't make it very far, since he had chosen to climb the south side, which was very steep and offered little handholds.

Quote from: Tarran / Tarran Bris
"...BOO!" Scare Simon out of his pants.
Tarran watched Simon slide down the slop for the tenth time in as many minutes. (Agi: 2, success) He had successfully stayed hidden, but now he revealed himself by stepping out of the shadows and yelling "Boo!" as loudly as possible. (Cha: 1, overshoot) In fact, although he succeeded in scaring Simon, Tarran yelled a little too loudly. A minor landslide rained rocks on him! It didn't hurt, but he discovered he really shouldn't be yelling around the mountain. Next time he might not be so lucky.

---

More time has passed. One more turn until the plot celebration begins.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2011, 10:09:28 am »

Fix the pistol. Still scavenge around for some munition parts after the job is finished though.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2011, 10:24:25 am »

Guess I was just a little bit faster than you today fish, Rebecca thought, admiring her catch with a wry smile and offering silent thanks to Cerberus for it. Sort of strange to thank a planet, especially one that was always trying to kill you, but she and others did have a belief-it wasn't official or anything, just a concept that Cerberus was a living thing, and you shouldn't take or destroy things without a certain proper respect. Maybe it stemmed from the legends of Earth-that-was she had heard when she was a child...

Her family was enjoying the nightly starwatch on the deck of their ship, the Nimitz-named so for that ancient God of the Sea, they believed.. She asked her mother where people had come from-even at that young age, she knew Humans looked out of place here.

"Now that you mention it, Rebecca, Humans did not originally come from Cerberus" Her mother replied, looking to the stars.
"The legend I heard from my mother was that we originally came from Earth-another planet, far far away...it was a beautiful place, or once was. You remember what we told you about the enemy?"

She nodded, and shuddered. The memories of the Algodal still cast a shadow on the remnants of Humanity, even then.

"Some say the Algodal cast humanity to the Sea of Stars because we mistreated our mother world-the skies were black, the waters foul, and nothing lived free.

We replaced the her green trees with glass, her rivers with iron, and fields of grass with stone-in our own selfish image, we sought to remake the Earth, instead of working with her in balance... And time and time again, she begged us to stop, but we did not.

And in our darkest hour, the Alogdal descended, a final fitting testament-for they, like us were destroyers and corruptors, but far stronger.

When we called upon the Earth for save us against the invaders, when a million souls cried out for sanctuary, she spoke but one word- "No" She had been so mistreated, the Earth destroyed herself in rage and bitterness rather than help us, and we were cast to the Sea of Stars as wanderers.

The old people believed Humanity was once cast from paradise for our sins, to live on Earth and suffer hardship-they did not realize it was also a paradise, made perhaps all the greater because of those hardships.

Since we rejected Paradise a second time, now Humanity must live here, on Cerberus-a third chance, but one that comes at great price, and the hardships are all the greater. Do you understand?" Her mothers blue eyes were kind, but sad. She didn't totally understand the story at the time...

Old memories...she shook them away. Rebecca figured she should head back and help the others prepare for the celebration. For all the skills there little group had, most of them were fairly bad at cooking.

Haul my catch back to town, and help cook food for the celebration-I'm thinking deep fried Amsir sandwiches

OOC: Remember to take ancient legends with a grain of salt ;)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 10:38:54 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2011, 11:10:43 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
waitlist
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2011, 11:16:05 am »

Increase the size of my biceps by working out and hope to attract some ladies!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2011, 11:21:07 am »

Ahra's been added to the waitlist. Quick question, I've been trying running turns this way, what do you think? (This question is aimed particularly at people like Ahra and Dwarmin who are also in the CvRTD, but anyone who wants to chime in is free to make suggestions and whatnot.) I'll put HP in when it becomes relevant, like it's probably about to be for Riccto... :3
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 42