Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 42

Author Topic: Roll to Survive Cerberus IV: Closed  (Read 25983 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Survive Cerberus IV: Turn 10
« Reply #390 on: May 27, 2011, 12:21:10 am »

Quote from: Taricus / Taric Al-Sayyid: 81
"Let's go then!" Head off to the fallen trees and make a raft too.
Taric headed outside to see what the commotion was about, and upon finding several trees had fallen, decided to start drafting plans for a raft. While Enriqe worked on cutting off the excess branches, smoothing them up, and gathering vines, Taric drew up some preliminary designs using a function of his PDA. (Int: 7, pass) His designs aren't great, but they're satisfactory. Depending on Enriqe's work, they might be able to seat two or three people on the raft.

Quote from: Dwarmin / Rebecca White: 75
Stumble back to the others and declare how useless I am. I got all the trees though!
Feeling like a fool, Rebecca went back to the cave, nursing her arm. When she started saying she was useless, though, she got a soothing 'there, there' from Ilyana and a hug. :) The woman reminded her that if it wasn't for her and Marion she would've been at the raider's mercy now instead of here with them.

Quote from: Jetsquirrel / Marion Chris Hibaru: 70
Get drunk in hope to regain some hp
Marion didn't want anything to do with this weak girly crap, especially after the fall just now. Sitting with his back to the wall, he opened the flask and sniffed it. It smelled slightly of vanilla and whiskey. "Well, why the hell not?" he asked himself and took a deep drink from the flask, consuming half of it. (End: 6, pass. 1 HP back) He had the intestinal fortitude to down it straight without water or anything to cut it, which was an impressive feat. Most people would have thought it burned and coughed it up. o.O He wasn't drunk, but he was feeling slightly better now, and his head didn't hurt nearly as much. (Whiskey Flask -> 1/2 Full Whiskey Flask)

Quote from: Riccto / Enriqe Halonz: 33
Go with him and focus on finding/assisting Rebbecca.
Enriqe followed Taric specifically to find Rebecca, but when she walked past them into the caves he decided to go ahead and work on the logs. (Three rolls, raft will seat one person per success: Int for recognizing where/how to cut, Str for carving, Agi for shaping the logs: 2, 4, 9. Two people) As Taric messed with his PDA, Enriqe went to work with his machete, chopping off a branch here, smoothing out some bark there. By the time he was done they were the ugliest damn logs he had ever seen, but they were certainly seaworthy. They could trust the raft to hold probably about three hundred pounds safely.

Quote from: Tyberix / Simon Walker: 12
(Auto'd) Find some sturdy branches and vines, then splint Rebecca's arm.
Simon went outside and watched Enriqe work. (Int: 2, pass) As them an cut off branches from the logs, he picked through them until he found a short pair of thick, straight ones and a sturdy vine. These'll do. He walked back into the cave and whittled them down while outside Taric and Enriqe tied the logs together with vines. Eventually all three men were done, and he approached Rebecca. "Let me see your arm for a moment." Ilyana moved to assist. (Int rolls: 7, failure, 2, success) Although Simon meant well, he wasn't really a gentle hand. After a few moments Ilyana took over the job of splinting Rebecca's arm and did a pretty good job of it. (Rebecca: -Arm Wound)

Quote from: Tarran / Tarran Bris: 16
"You guys do that. I'll keep watch." Blend into the shadows and keep watch for any sneak attacks.
Tarran crouched in the entrance to the cave. (Auto-Success) There wasn't any danger. If the raiders were still in the area, they were still looting the village, and apparently weren't concerned with a few trees falling over in the forest. Either that or they had went back to where they had came from with their plunder.

Spoiler: HP Counts (click to show/hide)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Survive Cerberus IV: Turn 11
« Reply #391 on: May 27, 2011, 12:34:42 am »

"Alright, guys, no need to be careful, I doubt we'll be attacked anytime soon. Just thought you should know. So, who's going first?" Go join the group and start surgically cutting trees with my knife. Keep an eye out for any small creatures that my friend-parasites may find tasty. and eat them if they're edible to me.

Don't know why, but I'm getting the sudden urge to make my parasites in myself stronger.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: May 27, 2011, 12:36:55 am »

:3, aka not saying whether that's a good or a bad idea.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: May 27, 2011, 05:08:48 am »

Look for some thick sticks and some vines, they'll help us ferry us across.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: May 27, 2011, 05:41:53 am »

Rebecca gingerly prodded her arm. She had to admit, Ilyana did a good piece of work. It still hurt like Hell, but at least it wouldn't get in her way. She was still stronger with one arm than most of these men were with two!

Rebecca began digging in her pockets for the snacks she had gathered earlier. She was ravenously hungry...mmm, day old unrefrigerated fish.

through a mouthful of fish, she says "Simon, you want to ride in the raft beside me? You've got a quicker mind than most of us, anyway...most of the time." She laughed.

Action:Drag the raft to the river and shove off? Have a snack of caviar and fish sticks before I go.

OOC: I'm assuming our raft is sea worthy? Also, two people. You want to go Tyberix? You've got agi and int, while I've got str.
Also, can I use my giant rib as a paddle? O-o
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: May 27, 2011, 08:00:13 am »

"Rebecca! Hold on i seee you're still in pain and i thought you might want to reduce it a bit by drinking this whiskey!"
Go to rebecca and give her a bit of the whiskey to reduce the pain and get some bones from the cave
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 08:02:17 am by Jetsquirrel »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: May 27, 2011, 08:02:43 am »

Go to rebecca and give her a bit of the whiskey to reduce the pain and get some wood twigs from outside

Rebecca responds "Thanks...only a shot though, that'd be fine. Alcohol and boating do not mix, trust me on that."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: May 27, 2011, 09:48:44 am »

You can always ask Taric to make you a paddle out of something. His specialty is constructing items, after all. :3 But yeah, it is seaworthy. I decided to just cover the raft-making in one turn, no need tying up a few people for three or four turns and dragging things out just for that. ^^;

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: May 27, 2011, 10:05:54 pm »

Bump for Riccto and Tyberix.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: May 27, 2011, 10:08:38 pm »

Scavenge about like the little WIERDO you are.
Raggle Fraggle

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: May 29, 2011, 09:28:36 am »

Poke.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: May 29, 2011, 09:45:52 am »

Giving Tyberix a few more hours before I run the turn.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: May 29, 2011, 02:28:58 pm »

Quote from: Taricus / Taric Al-Sayyid: 85
Look for some thick sticks and some vines, they'll help us ferry us across.
Taric inspected the fallen trees to see what he could use from them. (Int: 5, success) He drug a few long branches out and some vines. Although he didn't have a knife for whittling, he could at least use the vines to tie some of the branches together and form oars. (Int: 1, overshoot: Produces... 7 items) He stared at the branches for a few moments. Why make oars? As soon as they were done with the raft they would be useless. Borrowing Enriqe's machete, he started working on the branches, losing all track of time... and eventually he finished, having produced some weaponry! He gave Enriqe his machete back. (Taric Gets: 4x Wood Javelins, 2x Long Wood Spears, 1x Bolo!)

Quote from: Dwarmin / Rebecca White: 90
Drag the raft to the river and shove off? Have a snack of caviar and fish sticks before I go.
Rebecca drug the raft to the river and sat on it. While she was waiting for someone to join her, she ate the fish sticks and caviar, figuring it was best to get some sort of breakfast in and eat them before they spoiled. (3 HP back, -Caviar, -Fishsticks)

Quote from: Jetsquirrel / Marion Chris Hibaru: 26
Go to rebecca and give her a bit of the whiskey to reduce the pain and get some wood twigs from outside
Marion gave Rebecca some of the whiskey to go with her meal. She only took a sip, though, stating that drunken rafting was a good way to get killed. He took the flask back and went to gather materials. (Int: 5, success) He gathered up a series of branches and twigs in various shapes and sizes. (Marion Gets: 5x Wood!)

Quote from: Riccto / Enriqe Halonz: 38
Scavenge about like the little WIERDO you are.
(4, -1) Enriqe handed over his machete when Taric asked and looked around for supplies. (Int: 10, critical failure) He got distracted by some ants and started following them, not paying attention to where he was going, and wandered headfirst into a tree! (End: 2, success) He wasn't hurt, but he was stunned for awhile and the next thing he remembered was Taric coming over to hand him his machete back.

Quote from: Tyberix / Simon Walker: 25
Be Auto'd
Simon considered eating some of the fungus, but decided not to for now.

Quote from: Tarran / Tarran Bris: 65
"Alright, guys, no need to be careful, I doubt we'll be attacked anytime soon. Just thought you should know. So, who's going first?" Go join the group and start surgically cutting trees with my knife. Keep an eye out for any small creatures that my friend-parasites may find tasty. and eat them if they're edible to me.
For lack of better things to do, Tarran started peeling the back from the trees. (Int: 8.) He kept an eye out for small tasty animals and plants, but saw nothing other than grass and the fallen trees. (Agi: 4, success) On the other hand he had somehow managed to engrave the tree trunk with a quality engraving of a tailed man stabbing a raider. It was pretty nice, but too bad he wouldn't be able to take it with him. :-\

Spoiler: HP Counts (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 02:54:31 pm by SeriousConcentrate »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: May 29, 2011, 02:30:42 pm »

10 counts as a success now?! :o

"Hey guys! Look what I've made!"

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: May 29, 2011, 02:35:07 pm »

Hey, cool, I got a  8) roll!

...to bad I still failed.

Once again, look for bugs that mah parasite friends like on the ground. If my friends need help, I'll help them.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 42