Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: What is the ABSOLUTE most worthless item in the game.  (Read 15308 times)

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
Re: What is the ABSOLUTE most worthless item in the game.
« Reply #105 on: May 29, 2011, 05:04:20 am »

Possibly cartilage. No use at all, no value at all, no way to change it into more interesting things. It just clutters your refuse stockpile.

Oh, and most inorganic remains are pretty damn worthless as well.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 05:09:22 am by Naryar »

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 29, 2011, 05:35:09 am »

I'd vote for cartilage under normal circumstances, though thanks to game mechanics the truly most worthless items are clothing claimed by dwarves. Cartilage can be used for dumping to temporarily occupy your dwarves for example. Clothing... well, I don't know what they are good for. Nobody wants them, nobody touches them, it's worse than trash. And they pose fire hazard.

tolkafox

• Bay Watcher
  • Capitalism, ho!
    • View Profile
    • Phantasm
« Reply #107 on: May 29, 2011, 11:35:20 am »

You could use them as fuel with the Bonfire Mod.

You can trade them to humans or dwarves no trouble btw.

No you can't, I seized 3 barrels of salve for this sole purpose. I couldn't trade them to anyone :(
It was a miracle of rare device, A sunny pleasure-dome with caves of ice!

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 29, 2011, 02:08:06 pm »

The beauty of this thread is that its actual purpose is to find uses for things we believe have none.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 29, 2011, 02:56:43 pm »

Yeah i've added cartilage => gelatin to my personal mod because of this thread, now i just need a use for gelatin. I'm considering dwarven marshmallows.

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 29, 2011, 03:51:39 pm »

Yeah i've added cartilage => gelatin to my personal mod because of this thread, now i just need a use for gelatin. I'm considering dwarven marshmallows.

Cartilage and its derivatives should transmit syndromes (prion diseases), I hope it will be implemented some day.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #111 on: May 29, 2011, 03:54:16 pm »

You can trade them to humans or dwarves no trouble btw.

No you can't, I seized 3 barrels of salve for this sole purpose. I couldn't trade them to anyone :(

That's because they were stolen goods.  You can't trade seized items in general.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 29, 2011, 03:58:35 pm »

"Seize" things by deleting the trade depot :). There's actually no reason at all to ever use the actual seize option, especially with the stolen marker, and the abundance of export goods. Actual seized items need to be processed into something else before they can be exported.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 04:01:50 pm by Reelyanoob »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]