Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: The Witcher 2: total rubbish?  (Read 35064 times)

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
Re: The Witcher 2: total rubbish?
« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2011, 08:15:55 pm »

So much passion!

I find the best way to handle games I don't like is to not play them. /shrug

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2011, 10:17:23 pm »

So, you really can't see how retarded it is to single handedly slaughter your way through an entire level without batting an eyelid only to get the snot kicked out of you in a fight where you should easily be able to win? (bulletstorm jumps to mind here, even though you win, what the hell man)

Accidents happen.
Stop complaining.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2011, 06:15:12 am »

You know what my favorite kind of magic is? Lesbomancy.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 27, 2011, 06:43:45 am »

99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 27, 2011, 08:16:39 am »

So, you really can't see how retarded it is to single handedly slaughter your way through an entire level without batting an eyelid only to get the snot kicked out of you in a fight where you should easily be able to win? (bulletstorm jumps to mind here, even though you win, what the hell man)

Accidents happen.
Stop complaining.

I'll complain all I want thanks. I'm British, its what I do.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 27, 2011, 09:37:23 am »

Mildly off-topic, in that it's in regards to the original Witcher, but it's been driving me absolutely crazy as I've been replaying it.

Why in all the hells is one of Geralt's 'finishing moves' him grabbing his sword by the blade, and clubbing the downed enemy over the head with the hilt? WHY?!

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 27, 2011, 10:01:28 am »

Accidents happen.
Stop complaining.

I am also British and I do not like your tone sir.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Grishnak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 27, 2011, 05:15:19 pm »

I just started playing this earlier today, but it runs like dick on my computer. :( I also think it just tried to assassinate it while I was playing. Right in the middle of the part with the dragon and my computer just shuts off. Wouldnt fire up for a few minutes. I think it overheated my computer.

Seems like it would be a great game, but now Im afraid to fire it up again. Sigh.. time for another upgrade...
I'm a saint when it comes to pirating.  I've ripped and burned many a .iso, went .rar at my maties and sailed the .7z's.
Blog for my new roguelike Lost Horizon. <- kind of on hold
My SoundCloud
My Youtube Channel

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 27, 2011, 05:17:19 pm »

Is that before or after the massive several gig patch that removes the DRM? People have said there are major performance increases once it's gone.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Thump

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 27, 2011, 05:18:08 pm »

Is that before or after the massive several gig patch that removes the DRM? People have said there are major performance increases once it's gone.

Why'd they remove the DRM? Because it was cracked the day it was released basically? =/

Also, anybody got any tips for surviving fights vs. multiple people? The nekker caves destroyed me a few times, and in most fights with more than one enemy I end up rolling away, hitting something, rolling away, hitting something... and if the targeting goes out of whack (which it can) I end up attacking something BEHIND the other enemies and getting trapped/killed.

Grishnak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 27, 2011, 05:18:53 pm »

The patch was 15mb... dont know about any several gig patch. But yes, that was after hte patch. Pre-patch I was getting ~5 fps at 640x480 res, with all options off. After patch it was about 10-15 fps with all options off at 1600x900.

Edit: They removed the DRM cause it was killing the games performance on ass tons of different machines, so they ripped it out. Further proof that DRM only hurts the consumers. :(
I'm a saint when it comes to pirating.  I've ripped and burned many a .iso, went .rar at my maties and sailed the .7z's.
My SoundCloud
My Youtube Channel

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2011, 05:28:06 pm »

This patch

It modifies the .pak files, that's why it's so freaking huge.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Grishnak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2011, 05:33:47 pm »

Strange, I downloaded a 15mb 1.1 patch that fixed the DRM and performance issues.
My SoundCloud
My Youtube Channel

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2011, 06:06:20 pm »

Accidents happen.
Stop complaining.

I am also British and I do not like your tone sir.

Preposterous! I shall have to write in a letter of complaint about you, you twit! Hmph! Never in all my life.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Thump

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2011, 06:09:47 pm »

Edit: They removed the DRM cause it was killing the games performance on ass tons of different machines, so they ripped it out. Further proof that DRM only hurts the consumers. :(

Wow, I'm proud of them. :D I'm glad they did that, and so quickly.

I have the GoG version, so maybe that's why I didn't get that patch? Oh well. Either way, I'm happy they did that, instead of accusing the people who were having problems of piracy, like other companies tend to do. ;)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13