Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: I'm rubbish! :(  (Read 2562 times)

ProtDock

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Dave! yognaut.
    • View Profile
I'm rubbish! :(
« on: May 17, 2011, 11:30:06 am »

Hi, well i tried adventure mode today for the first time, ii got the basics e.g get tasks do tasks, BUT i didnt manage to complete one tast due to me not having a clue to what to do when i got there, for example getting out of the travel map, then what to do in combat, where to sleep, i went with a elf swords dwarf, with armour, sword, ambush, etc skills, what works for you? and also controls would be awesome, the '?' button didn't answer my questions :/ thanks :)

Prot Dock

<Edit> also if there are already posts on this matter, a link would be awesome!
Dun Test Tha Souff Wess

neil_v

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I'm rubbish! :(
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 11:57:20 am »

« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 12:13:45 pm by neil_v »

ProtDock

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Dave! yognaut.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 12:23:58 pm »

thanks!! this helped a bunch :) cheers

ProtDock
Dun Test Tha Souff Wess

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 11:39:49 am »

I started today as well!

After about 5 failed adventurers, I managed to complete several missions and kill a troll before I got attacked by a pack of lions and eaten.

My main complaint is that I only managed to find a single fortress with anyone in it (except one which just had a law maker), and I accidentally killed all of the soldiers in that. I've heard that you can make that less likely with different worldgen parameters, but it's still annoying to spend ages getting to a new cluster of fortresses and finding nothing there except an angry honey badger.

Also, I seemed to get v. drowsy extremely quickly (after about 5 seconds of fast travelling). Could that be something to do with my shattered, infected right fingernail? Is there a way to cure an infection/treat wounds?

Finally, I'm now really excited for the next release. I used to read through development stuff and go 'meh' at all the adventure mode changes, but now I'm all hyped 'n' stuffs :D
[Signature]

rangarkash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 02:08:45 pm »

...pack of lions...

Pride.

A group of lions is called a pride.

Kynrael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 03:15:01 pm »

Could that be something to do with my shattered, infected right fingernail? Is there a way to cure an infection/treat wounds?

Sleep in a safe place to heal wounds. Also if you don't sleep enough you will be drowsy more ofen.

Oh, and this adventurer is probably going to die from the infection, as you can't reallyheal wounds (meaning, applying medecine), and can't go and see a doctor (yet?).

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 04:30:07 pm »

...pack of lions...

Pride.

...shush. Let me be alone with my grief.
[Signature]

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2011, 04:41:46 pm »

...pack of lions...

Pride.

...and your flock of lions?  *nodnod*

Os Q

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2011, 05:36:35 pm »

fortresses full of animals like groundhogs or macques are good practice for your combat and butcher skills. You can also take the meat back to market towns and sell it for coins.
..at least put some spikes in your clubs for goodness sake!

inEQUALITY

• Bay Watcher
  • Living On the Mirror's Edge
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2011, 05:37:59 pm »

...pack of lions...

Pride.

And the gaggle of trolls. Don't forget that.
Quote from: Carl Sagan
It does no harm to the romance of the sunset to know a little bit about it.
If the magma cannon doesn't count, they aren't proper scientists.

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2011, 07:02:41 pm »

The drowsiness problem could be in the "Z" sleep menu. You have several options, main ones being Sleep or Wait. When you want to sleep, make sure S is highlighted. Wait is just a time saver, for waiting for villagers to wake up, or castles guards to respawn.
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2011, 04:38:22 pm »

And the gaggle of trolls. Don't forget that.

I hate you all...
[Signature]

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2011, 04:47:58 pm »

Don't forget the murder of Urists!

(AFAIK a murder of crows is a group of one, dwarfs have brains the size of crows)
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

ProtDock

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Dave! yognaut.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2011, 06:47:11 pm »

haha cheers for the help :) im not going to lie, i love fortress mode, but i think p refer adventurer (albeit the 5 minutes i get without being killed) :P
Dun Test Tha Souff Wess

zair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2011, 10:54:08 pm »

I have yet to make a peasant adventurer that can survive past one superfluked quest (i run a pack of boogeymen into a bandit camp and kill the leader in the AWESOME confusion). I'm gonna try again tonight, but damn if it doesn't get depressing. any tips in this newbie thread? im not a newbie to anyo of the other ways of adventurer, i had adventurers that took down dozens of dragons with single head shots, but being anything less than hero seems to make the whole thing impossible...
Pages: [1] 2 3