Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: I'm rubbish! :(  (Read 2558 times)

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I'm rubbish! :(
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2011, 10:22:21 pm »

Never think powerleveling is cheating. It is basically training in Fortress mode. Shooting at archery targets, fighting prisoners with training weapons, etc, its about same thing. Throwing rocks is odd, but improving archer, and agility(speed) is nice.
 You have to admit, those times your adventurer is doing nothing, sneaking and throwing rocks is ok.
If you do not know how to use a macro for these actions, this is a easy way. Ctrl R starts recording the action. Repeat the action you want the dwarf to do several times. Hit Ctrl R to end it. Ctrl P will play the actions you recorded.
 Avoid fast travel, until you check the surroundings. You might fast travel through a bandit camp, that will be really happy to meet you.
 Build up sneaking, consider yourself a thief to rob camps and lairs.
 Stores sell training weapons. Get one, and go beat on a ground hog that
you cut its feet off.
 Speed and agility early is you friend, plus high value, low weight items in craft stores, you can trade for. from what I have heard, DF hack helps also. Least you can equip your henchmen in better armor.
In the raws, inserting AT_PEACE_WITH_WILDLIFE will keep those henchmn from spoiling hunts, and keep them from getting camelized
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration
Pages: 1 2 [3]