Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Finally found an exit!  (Read 3733 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Finally found an exit!
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2011, 09:54:04 am »

Quick! Someone call Rumrusher!
He should know how you can have Doren lead an embark, and build her own fort, using DFusion and such! :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Quantumtroll

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2011, 02:44:30 pm »

Quick! Someone call Rumrusher!
He should know how you can have Doren lead an embark, and build her own fort, using DFusion and such! :D

Wait, you can do that??  *looks up DFusion*

noah22223

• Bay Watcher
  • No. you fucking lose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2011, 03:20:28 pm »

Watching, for gods sakes!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWTFG3J1CP8
So I'm a Depressing Jesus Wizard being stalked by Satan Lights, and my home's wiring is going bad?
Goddammit.

Quantumtroll

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2011, 03:22:27 pm »

Urr, I'm a (very computer-literate) n00b at DF modding.  Can someone help me out with starting an embark including an existing adventurer?  I use OSX, which limits the utility of the apparently very Windows-centric DFusion.  Could I send my world and save files to someone with the necessary tools and know-how?

In the meantime, I can tell you the end of Doren-as-adventurer.

Colossus defeated, Doren set to taking inventory of the razed settlement.  Over 80 dwarves had called this place their home, and it was in a complete shambles.  It was also completely indefensible, and it was no wonder that such a simple being as a statue (albeit of solid bronze) had been able to wreak such havoc.  These dwarves had built up instead of down, having set up a pottery shop.  There was only one barely used forge, and no smelting apparatus at all.

Bins, bones, and barrels were scattered all over the surface, and she spent a few days looking them over before exploring the dwellings and entering the few tunnels that existed. These were not a mining peoples.  Very strange dwarves, indeed.  Doren really began to grasp the forces that led her parents to move to such a faraway desert land as they did. 

The tunnels were not extensive, but did lead down to a small subterranean island that showed traces of a primitive tribal society.  What's more, a hidden corner of the cave harbored two bins of finished goods.  And such goods!  Masterwork jewelry, toys, and instruments, even clothes, and a few items of even more unsurpassed excellence. 

So it came to pass that the legendary adventurer Doren Nòmdeler Nikot Amith entered the human city of Creamyscribed wearing a most daringly designed dress, earrings, and Raltathur, a limestone crown.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2011, 12:18:09 am »

Well at least you save the character.
You could embark with an existing adventurer using Dfmode to save switch over to fort mode.
Through the site has to be the last fort played(normally not reclaimed by adventurer) or the game will auto abandon in a few in game days.
if you want more help on this then dive into pick and axe
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2011, 02:55:58 am »

Awesome story. Thanks for sharing.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Quantumtroll

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2011, 03:04:06 pm »

Well at least you save the character.
You could embark with an existing adventurer using Dfmode to save switch over to fort mode.
Through the site has to be the last fort played(normally not reclaimed by adventurer) or the game will auto abandon in a few in game days.
if you want more help on this then dive into pick and axe

You do brilliant work, Rumrusher, together with Peterix, but given all the compiling I've been doing at work recently I just haven't felt the necessary spark to dive into yet another software stack and hack together a Doren-led reclamation squad on my Mac. 

Doren is enjoying some well-earned rest at a comfortable human town (she did grow up among humans, as I mentioned at the start), and the Mountainhomes has financed a small expedition to set up another experimental above-ground settlement.  This time, the half-finished protective keep on top of the hill will be the highest priority.  Once the settlement is established, maybe Doren will come back and play a role. 
Pages: 1 [2]