Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: UPDATE ALREADY!  (Read 2247 times)

Slax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: UPDATE ALREADY!
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2011, 04:03:09 am »

Reading Berserk would also be a good choice. Plenty of blood, Guts (!), curses, night monsters and sorcery.

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2011, 05:52:13 am »

I'm actually willing Toady the other way, Do not release until after June 2nd. I have deadlines imminent!

That said, I almost exclusively play Genesis, so I assume Deon is going to have his hands full for a while after the initial release :)

Watch Game of Thrones or something. That should get you even more hyped.

Or read it :o

This.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 05:53:54 am by MasterMorality »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2011, 06:32:46 am »

Me myself, I just read The Walking Dead number 3, and have now started into a collection of early Judge Dredd comics. :)
I also have a couple of novels to read, too... Should last me 'til .26 :D I hope.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
  • Lege lege lege relege labora et invenies
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2011, 12:57:01 am »

Toady is developing relatively quickly already.

Even if he wasn't don't hurry the man. As much as you'd like it to happen, he's already devoted every single one of his waking hours to this, and hurrying would mean releasing something sub-par. This isn't even as bad as it gets in terms of waits. There was a year-long one after 40d, so this one isn't that big in comparison.

So calm down. It's come out when it's done.

I know about the gap. I was there. I just though the arc was going to be released sooner with less. Doing it all in one big go seems to be a recipe for crazy bugs.
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."

Kattaroten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2011, 04:02:25 am »

Sssschhhh... Dont scare him! He might stop doing the awesome daily updates!
Dwarf Fortress: You have a team of hundreds working for four years to make a game where you save the world again. We have one guy for four years make a near-infinite world generator, write the physics,generate histories,form detailed descriptions of every human, elf, dwarf, and goblin generated, caverns, and huge randomly generated monsters made out of who knows what. You. guys. suck.

Raging Mouse

• Bay Watcher
  • The mouse has become enraged! *DOUBLECLICK*
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2011, 04:22:42 am »

Even if he wasn't don't hurry the man. As much as you'd like it to happen, he's already devoted every single one of his waking hours to this, and hurrying would mean releasing something sub-par. This isn't even as bad as it gets in terms of waits. There was a year-long one after 40d, so this one isn't that big in comparison.

I know about the gap. I was there. I just though the arc was going to be released sooner with less. Doing it all in one big go seems to be a recipe for crazy bugs.

The game is in open beta. We're beta-testing so we can find the bugs. If Toady was worried about releasing a buggy version, he'd not release anything for the next ten years.

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2011, 11:29:49 am »

The game is in open beta. We're beta-testing so we can find the bugs. If Toady was worried about releasing a buggy version, he'd not release anything for the next ten years.

I Know that we're beta testing. I am aware of these things. My worry is that, personally, I'd rather have

City Update (sans catacombs)
City Bug fixing (say... Worldgen creates cities made entirely of of soap, populated only by elven children who lay iron chairs)
Catacomb and Entity relations Update
C&E bugfixing (City citizen bury all bodies in one coffin, citizens bury iron chairs)
Necromancer update
Necromancer bugfixes (necromancer in legends is murdered by zombie *iron chair*)

And so on. With the big update, I fear that it'll be like when .31 first came out, and it took about ten updates for enough bugs to be resolved for it to be playable [for me, anyways. Just my opinion on that release].
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2011, 12:45:52 pm »

And so on. With the big update, I fear that it'll be like when .31 first came out, and it took about ten updates for enough bugs to be resolved for it to be playable [for me, anyways. Just my opinion on that release].

.31 came out after over a year, and had more than one core of the game rewritten. This one will take at most three months. It will be nothing like .31, rest assured.

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2011, 01:43:50 pm »

.31 came out after over a year, and had more than one core of the game rewritten. This one will take at most three months. It will be nothing like .31, rest assured.

Rest assured? AAAAH! That's like saying "There's no need to panic" or "This isn't the magma floodgate, right"?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2011, 01:56:34 pm »

WITH EVERYDAY I GET MORE HYPED ABOUT THE RELEASE

AND MY HYPE POURS OUT INTO THE MINDS OF THE LEGION

HYPE HYPE HYPE

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2011, 01:57:53 pm »

WITH EVERYDAY I GET MORE HYPED ABOUT THE RELEASE

AND MY HYPE POURS OUT INTO THE MINDS OF THE LEGION

HYPE HYPE HYPE
What the hype are you talking about?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2011, 02:29:09 pm »

I'm still waiting for armies after what? 4 years?
Even, thought I'm sure it's a rapid development, I'd rather have all I want in this game before I'm 50.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2011, 02:31:05 pm »

I'm still waiting for armies after what? 4 years?
Even, thought I'm sure it's a rapid development, I'd rather have all I want in this game before I'm 50.
It's alright. You'll get all the features when you're 70.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2011, 03:02:45 pm »

β? It's very clearly α. A large majority of the planned features haven't been implemented yet, and Toady still claims it to be α.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2011, 03:10:57 pm »

Whats the rush? Personally I don't like updates every few weeks and preffer to stick to "stable" versions. A few months from 31.16 to 31.18 and to 31.25 were fine with me, because I could play a fort for a while (in my limited time), and not think I'm missing some updates and bugfixes.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral
Pages: 1 [2] 3