Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 844 845 [846] 847 848 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1308065 times)

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!
« Reply #12675 on: October 16, 2017, 09:45:43 pm »

i got enough chlorophyte to craft the Circuit Breaker armor i wanted. it doesnt have self sustain like Spectre, but the mana regen and damage active is good. along with better stats than White Knight.  i explored the jungle temple and got  the last chamber. it was so big that enemies spawned on it during the Golem battle. the asshole didnt drop the Picksaw so i cant really farm him for the sun stone. i'll have to try and get my hands on the Laser Drill from the Martian Saucer then i'll return to gather it. the mobs in the temple drop a lot of stuff, usefull for making the Solar Tablet and some stuff but none of them helps me because its either Healer or Melee or Thrower.

i got the Eye of the Destroyer tho. so i can make the emblem. i need now is to find a material that doesnt burn so i can farm events. fire is really annoying when trying to do anything.

EDIT:

nevermind, turns out the Destroyer Emblem does less damage, however, i can make a Crit related item with the Eye. and the Celestial Emblem is better than what i was thinking off.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 09:51:05 pm by xaritscin »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12676 on: October 16, 2017, 11:43:15 pm »

I... want to say thorium actually adds something else at the end of the scope (/destroyer emblem) accessory combo line? Might not have the parts to see it via guide, yet. Can't recall what it does if there is, though, other than being a better scope.

... total aside, but if you have thorium, you might consider poking around that new aquatic biome... iirc. The giant crab mount is surprisingly nice, and I think something in that mess can drop it. Beyond the hella' good underwater movement and waterwalk, it has some oddities for normal getabout that can be nice.

Own thorium lookabout was still using the thing sporadically above water even after finding stuff like the unicorn, and not just 'cause it meant I rode around murdering things from atop my giant crab.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12677 on: October 17, 2017, 12:21:56 am »

i dunno right now im struggling with some of the endgame stuff. i thought some of the mod armors would ease the progression a bit but so far i cant even survive the martian event. tried to kill the abyssal boss and no luck either. seems i'll have to grind life fruit until i have 500 health and probably will have to farm for spectre armor too because these weapons arent doing anything so far.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12678 on: October 17, 2017, 07:22:13 am »

Oh. Uh, yeah, for some of the late game thorium stuff I'm pretty sure I already mentioned I ended up cheating like goddamn. Slapped that thing in the face with a twelve inch cheat engine. Not so much the game's fault (... except for the very last boss or two, because good god) or even mine, just my computer and its inability to handle the performance requirements when the screen's lit up like a fireworks display of murder. Reeeeaaaal hard to survive a fight when it's a slideshow and your command input takes a second or two to notice you told it to do things :P

... that said, as mentioned there are a few things that can do some easement. Mentioned the throwing thing already... even if you can't scrounge up the max-hp damage of transient enemy existence, getting desert dude and the "yes I'd like to triple my damage" accessory can do wonders for dealing with stuff without getting gibbed. Could swear there's a couple other things like that, that can seriously make stuff easier for at least a bit.

Forget how I handled the abyssal, though. Pretty sure I didn't freeze my health for that one, but can't recall how I managed it...
Ask not!
Ask!

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12679 on: October 17, 2017, 09:35:17 pm »

ok so i got like 215 chunks of chlorophyte just in case. and got enough life fruit to get full health. gona harvest and wait while the other NPCs respawn then see if i can take on the golem again.

EDIT:

i dont need to harvest anymore, the Druid npc came to the base. so now i can just buy the plants i need. im gonna keep planting just in case. i also summoned a sandstorm but no lamp yet, only forbidden fragments. gonna have to check those desert spirits further.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 10:24:37 pm by xaritscin »

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12680 on: October 18, 2017, 12:09:14 am »

ok i defeated the golem 2 more times and no Picksaw or Sun stone yet (fuck this thing in particular). on the other side there was a solar eclipse. and boy did it turn a good thing. 2 Mothrons dead, 1 butcher chainsaw, 2 broken hero staffs (Thorium adds Terra everything, well, almost), 3 deadly sphere staffs and a death scythe. sadly no sea shell or moon stone for the Celestial Shell (or Mothron Wings to replace the pre-hardmode ones im using). but who cares, i got a new and better helper minion, along with a Terra Staff that appeared with Mythical modifier just after crafting it.

im gonna tackle that fucking golem again once i've replenished my potion stock.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12681 on: October 18, 2017, 08:03:33 am »

For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure thorium has some other accessible diggers of picksaw+ strength. I... don't remember what they are right now, but I seem to remember not getting a picksaw myself and just kinda' not giving a damn.
Ask not!
Ask!

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12682 on: October 18, 2017, 07:42:10 pm »

i didnt see anything in the wiki actually. well, from what i saw. so i asume they dont want to mess with the vanilla progression, thus leaving the Picksaw/Laser Drill as the only tools capable of mining lihzard stuff. i aint gonna mess around with actuators for it, just gonna git betar and fight that stupid automaton until he bleeds what i need.

for that i bought full stacks of plants from the Druid. so now i have 10 of each potion save for Lifeforce. im currently fishing for prismites. i also miss the food, but since the martian attack well, no Cook in the base so i cant buy food to help on fights. gonna have to go full potion.

im also looking to add more mods to the game when i finish this run. Calamity and Spirit seem to be the most logical. i dont like lore in a game that doesnt need it, but some of the stuff from Calamity sounds fine enough to try, and Spirit adds more solutions to abreviate some stuff of Vanilla. specially the NPCs.

all in all, i dont get what's the aim of Calamity outside of adding post moonlord stuff, they somehow add a weird lore for each boss but there's no characters either from what i see in their wiki. if they wanted to add some kind of history for the mod there should be NPCs or something. they put some names but you dont see those characters in any place.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12683 on: October 18, 2017, 07:56:17 pm »

Blew away the Wall of Flesh with Meteor Armor+Demonic Space Gun. That was... easier than expected. Probably overdid it on the potions. Regen+Mana Regen/Power+Ironskin+Endurance, plus Pumpkin Pie and Cooked Fish(discovered food doesn't stack, timer increases though).
Also realized just now why I didn't need Mana Regen. Oh well, I found it down there.

The only time I was below 90% my maximum HP was towards the end when it's constantly firing lasers. Probably covered 2/3rds of the walkway I built for the battle.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12684 on: October 18, 2017, 08:16:41 pm »

one can never be prepared enough when fighting that thing. specially in expert mode.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12685 on: October 18, 2017, 09:31:31 pm »

fished enough prismite to make lifeforce potions with a few spare thanks to the alchemy station. went to the temple again and farmed that golem. the Terra Staff is the replacement i needed for the Blackhole Cannon, much more reliable DPS and mob control. i could just put it in the middle of the room and shoot Legacy Skulls to the arms until that thing went second stage. i farmed like, 5-6 platinum out of the boss and replenished my greater potion stock in the way. got the Staff of Earth, and the Sun Stone, with the Picksaw being the longest to get.

i took the altar and went my way home. now i just need to summon eclipses until i get the materials for the Celestial Shell. was originally going to use the Naga armor from the Abyssal Depths to kill the boss there but it turns out it has less stats than what i have. so im gonna go with the Merfolk bonus instea and see if i can kill that thing, and Duke Fishron later.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12686 on: October 18, 2017, 10:50:25 pm »

was checking the mods page in the forums and found this jewel:

https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/antiaris.59884/

its still a work in progress but it has some interesting stuff going on.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12687 on: October 19, 2017, 09:31:50 am »

first summoned eclipse yielded the Neptune Shell and the Mothron Wings. no moon stone yet. went farming for the Depth Meter because somehow no bats have dropped it so far. got some mimics and boulder golems to kill in the way. there was a slime rain with pinky on it so the next contract to kill is a Nymph (in hardmode, good luck spawning that thing). replenished my potion stock and almost get the house burned because the wizard uses flame spells. also, discovered you can duplicate sand with the sandgun so i can replenish my bottle reserves.

oh, and i crafted a Band of Replenishment to replace the Charm of Myths. potion sickness CDR is good but this thing gives health and mana regen along with less time for mana to start recharging again. much more important being a mage run.

im still gonna replace that with the Celestial Shell anyways. or maybe not, i dont know.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12688 on: October 19, 2017, 08:37:26 pm »

it took 6 solar eclipses to get the moon stone, and the same thay it dropped it came blood moon in full moon so got the celestial shell. with enough platinum to reforge it at least to armored. pirates also came to mess around.

gonna check if i can kill Abyssion now. and then look for a truffle worm.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12689 on: October 19, 2017, 09:08:27 pm »

it took 6 solar eclipses to get the moon stone, and the same thay it dropped it came blood moon in full moon so got the celestial shell. with enough platinum to reforge it at least to armored. pirates also came to mess around.

gonna check if i can kill Abyssion now. and then look for a truffle worm.

This sentence convinced me it's time to play this again.
Pages: 1 ... 844 845 [846] 847 848 ... 887