Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 841 842 [843] 844 845 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1308097 times)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!
« Reply #12630 on: October 12, 2017, 03:51:41 pm »

The bee gun is a pretty decent weapon for keeping stuff off your back while building in the underworld. Right up until a voodoo demon dies offscreen...

In other news, I am about 1/4 of the way finished with my pre-hardmode TODO list. The skybridge is the biggest thing left, most of the containments are dug, and the base is ready asside from a glowing mushroom farm.

I have a kind of interesting issue in my world: The shaft I dug near the world edge to get to where I want to start my hell bridge is half full of water, and this water is infinitely draining into hell. It seems the game does not properly drain lakes over a certain size, instead they just stay full and drain forever.

The weirdest part, was one of the containment shafts was flooded too, but as soon as I breached the bottom it drained far, far faster than normal, and the entire underworld filled with water (out to a short distance off screen, where it magically stopped), then slowly drained. Water and the underworld interact weirdly it seems.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 03:57:22 pm by milo christiansen »
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12631 on: October 12, 2017, 04:25:04 pm »

the bee gun is good even as an early weapon for hardmode. specially if you add the hive pack.

honestly i've  never done skybridges or anything like that. i just run around the map each night looking for stars. and usually i summon the bosses with items, so no meteorites or invasions. you can practically bypass meteorites alltogether since crimson armor exists and covers all classes.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12632 on: October 12, 2017, 04:30:08 pm »

The bee gun is a pretty decent weapon for keeping stuff off your back while building in the underworld. Right up until a voodoo demon dies offscreen...

In other news, I am about 1/4 of the way finished with my pre-hardmode TODO list. The skybridge is the biggest thing left, most of the containments are dug, and the base is ready asside from a glowing mushroom farm.

I have a kind of interesting issue in my world: The shaft I dug near the world edge to get to where I want to start my hell bridge is half full of water, and this water is infinitely draining into hell. It seems the game does not properly drain lakes over a certain size, instead they just stay full and drain forever.

The weirdest part, was one of the containment shafts was flooded too, but as soon as I breached the bottom it drained far, far faster than normal, and the entire underworld filled with water (out to a short distance off screen, where it magically stopped), then slowly drained. Water and the underworld interact weirdly it seems.
Yeah, extremely big lakes draining infinitely is a common bug, I think. Either that or the Ocean just refuses to actually be drained. :P
Black lives matter.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12633 on: October 12, 2017, 04:31:30 pm »

i think its a mechanism that the game has to reduce cpu or memory stress. sincei t would have to calculate the water falling. instead it takes all the water and spawns it directly there and then starts draining it. easier like that for the machine.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12634 on: October 12, 2017, 06:26:11 pm »

Running around in hard mode makes me realize just how weirdly-generated this world is.

I have found two sky islands. Both are lakes.
No giant living trees.
No pyramids.
The dungeon seems oddly extensive.
The jungle takes up a good fifth/quarter of the surface, and extends all the way to one of the oceans.
Despite extensive digging and exploring I have found neither hide nor hair of the lizhard temple.
The vast majority of the (explored) underground is tundra, despite the surface tundra being relatively small.
Thus far, no underground crimson has been found. I'm sure it must exist, but none of my explorations and excavations have found it. Thus, no souls of night.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #12635 on: October 12, 2017, 07:19:20 pm »

I'm about half done with my hell bridge, and an eighth of the way done with my sky bridge (I have not started the meteor collection area, but I'm placing the chests as I go). According to my calculation I will need ~100 chests to cover the whole world.

As part of this I finally found a sky lake, so now I have fishing spots for every quest fish except the one found in the surface mushroom biome.

I always place my banners from killing monsters in rows ordered by when I got them. This is kinda interesting, as you can scan the rows to see past events. For example there are several streaks for blood moon, one slime rain, my first major dungeon visit, and now a big red streak for all the hell bats and lava slimes killed while building the hell bridge. My "banner hall" is an interesting place historically. Too bad it keeps me from using the banners, but to be honest most creatures you have banners for are easy enough that you don't really need them.

I now have water candles placed in my arena and around the spawn, mostly so that blood moons are more interesting. I'll have to remember to remove them before hardmode though...
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #12636 on: October 12, 2017, 08:45:10 pm »

Someone needs to fix the king slime page on the wiki. I got a slime rain, and of course, a king slime. When I killed him he dropped all three pieces of the ninja clothing, whereas the wiki says he can only drop one piece each time you kill him.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #12637 on: October 12, 2017, 09:42:07 pm »

Someone needs to fix the king slime page on the wiki. I got a slime rain, and of course, a king slime. When I killed him he dropped all three pieces of the ninja clothing, whereas the wiki says he can only drop one piece each time you kill him.

It is a bit confusing.  That drop table is only for Normal Mode.  The Ninja Armor page says this about Expert Mode:

Quote from: Ninja armor
Ninja armor is an armor set made up of the Ninja Hood, Ninja Shirt and Ninja Pants. King Slime drops each piece separately (1 per kill with a 1:3 chance each), or two pieces from the Treasure Bag it drops in Expert Mode.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12638 on: October 12, 2017, 09:47:46 pm »

yeah you can get up to 2 parts in expert mode along with the solidifier, the mount, and the hook/gun. each item has its own chance to happen but there's always at least 2 armor pieces.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12639 on: October 12, 2017, 10:22:30 pm »

YESSSSSSS

I KILLED
THE DESTROYER

MY VERY FIRST HARDMODE BOSS DEFEATED

*ahem*

My elevated bunker plan worked wonderfully; I only needed to use a single Greater Healing potion during the entire fight. The probes were the only thing that could really hurt me, and they often got caught in the non-stop rain of Hellfire arrows I was bringing forth, dropping Hearts to keep me topped off. Roughly 300 shots fired, which adds up to...I dunno, 900-1200 total arrows with the Stormbow? Anyway.

I probably over-buffed. Ironskin, Regen, Food, Magic Power, Rage, and Archery all together. I basically just grabbed every combat potion I could find in my horrifically disorganized stockpile before high-tailing it to the bunker. I almost feel bad for cheesing a boss this way.

Almost.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #12640 on: October 12, 2017, 10:44:58 pm »

I still have half my skybridge to finish. I'm really tired of fending off harpies. Really, really tired. At least they don't hit as hard as demons or hellbats.

I think I'll finish the containment around the smaller corruption biome as a change of pace.

Stuff to do before hardmode:
* The other half or my chest-powered anti-meteor skybridge.
* A dedicated meteor landing zone (AKA, a big ball or dirt hanging from an out of the way part of the skybridge.).
* Two or so more containment shafts on the left side of the map.
* Finish the containment tunnels around the smaller corruption biome.
* Extend my hellbridge to at least the center of the map, preferably a bit farther..
* A glowing mushroom farm and surface glowing mushroom biome, complete with a small house.

Only a few more hours of work!

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12641 on: October 13, 2017, 10:08:19 pm »

ok planter boxes set up in the terrace, i also bought the marine kelp planter box because it seems you can do an attack speed potion with them. the only missing stuff would be wrath} and rage potions because i need a water source big enough to fish in the corruption/crimson.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12642 on: October 14, 2017, 12:47:43 am »

made some fishing, got enough metal to make a titanium forge and later the armor. still saving in hallowed charms for the white knight armor. meanwhile i went to farm the light shards and souls for making the sky fracture. got lucky with some mobs and dropped a crystal staff from a thorium hallow mob which shoots a constant beam of magic the damage is a bit low i think, at least compared to the other weapons i have. i also got  forbidden fragment because of sandstorms, the sand elemental can move from the desert so you can avoid the other mobs if you stay past the desert's border.

gonna see if i can make forbidden armor, allthought it seems low on defense compared to titanium. so im not sure. i also got some ebonkoi from the undergroudn corruption and enough materials to craft cursed flames. this leaves me pendant to make crystal storm and golden shower. i also avoided a night against Skeletron Prime. some of the plants have already blossomed and got harvested but need more moonglow for the magic power/mana regen.

also bought the celestial magnet from the travelling merchant, now i just need a mana band from a corruption crate to make the cuffs.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12643 on: October 14, 2017, 11:24:28 am »

YESSSSS

Bratty half-pint Angler has finally given up the Weather Radio. Now I have the Cell Phone!

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12644 on: October 14, 2017, 01:12:18 pm »

YESSSSS

Bratty half-pint Angler has finally given up the Weather Radio. Now I have the Cell Phone!

now to farm the materials for the ankh shield  :P

the herb farming terrace is working fine, allthought i wish moonglow would grow more coordinated, its always the hardest herb to grow (deathweed grows in blood and full moons so is less complicated) . on the upside, i was able to survive the sandstorm using the desert arena to farm the rest of the forbidden fragments i wanted so i promptly went and crafted the armor, i also farmed a few more spider fangs for the staff, this is a mage run but well, the armor also gives minion bonuses so why not. i also went to the dungeon to farm the tally counter and bought the DPS meter so now the only materials left for the cellphone are the Depth Meter (because no bat has dropped it somehow) and the angler related accesories.

i also got a mechanical skull, so can summon skeletron prime any day i want. but first, i need more moonglow for those magic power/mana regen potions, also, i havent beated Coznix yet, have to prepare an underworld arena. and im also missing the celestial cuffs, so im gonna fish for crates in the underground corruption for a while.
Pages: 1 ... 841 842 [843] 844 845 ... 887