Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 839 840 [841] 842 843 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1308148 times)

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!
« Reply #12600 on: October 08, 2017, 09:04:02 pm »

Frost wings are better and are pretty easy to get in early hardmode. You just need to be able to kill frost giants.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12601 on: October 08, 2017, 09:04:31 pm »

doing a 1 tile deep honey trench isnt hard. you can do the liquid duplication thing with buckets if the place is long enough. the lifeforce potion thing is cheap too, just fish some prismite and you're done with it. that extra health helps a lot. having a charm of myths is another good recomendation, not only because of the regen but also the reduced potion sickness so you can chug those greater healing potions faster.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12602 on: October 08, 2017, 09:19:02 pm »

Frost wings are better and are pretty easy to get in early hardmode. You just need to be able to kill frost giants.

Nope, the wiki says they're identical.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12603 on: October 08, 2017, 09:34:52 pm »

another tip is that the mechanical bosses dont despawn if you go far, so you can recall and heal with the nurse, they will follow you. well, its been long since i entered hardmode so im not sure anymore. but i think it was possible to do.

as a little parenthesis between the discussion. i've finished the 7th floor of the building. with that i have topped the base to house all the NPCs (pre-hardmode). its a precarious situation but there's still a lot of floors to be done but i cant keep farming granite forever for it. so im gonna wait for the hallow.

in the meantime, i defeated the EoW and crafted meteor armor, the overhaul mod changes the space gun to be a constant, long ranged laser. my only complain is that the screen shakes everytime i use it and there's an icon of it floating around. this mod needs to fix a lot of stuff, cannot wait for the next version.

outside of that, the armor upped the damage of the other weapons, along with upping my defense to 38. could get more if i get to ward the boots, but since i havent got the ice skates i cant do frostpark boots yet. im currently waiting for the crimson to grow enough for summoning the BoC.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12604 on: October 08, 2017, 10:16:06 pm »

Leaf wings have 125% horizontal speed, frozen wings have 150%. Not better by much, but it helps, and I find it easier to kill frost golems than to spend money.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12605 on: October 08, 2017, 10:21:48 pm »

Leaf wings have 125% horizontal speed, frozen wings have 150%. Not better by much, but it helps, and I find it easier to kill frost golems than to spend money.

Oh I missed that. I guess I'll be going for those next time I play through the game.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12606 on: October 09, 2017, 11:19:28 am »

https://imgur.com/Qmd1GVm

a little update on the base.

the BoC has been defeated. then i opened some strange crates and went to the coast for materials. got enough for the acuatic set and the summoning item. tried to fight the queen jellyfish but she won me the 1st match. came a second time to the ocean to farm materials again for summoning and did a little fist exploration of the acuatic depths. i dont know how is the worldgen done for this biome/minibiome but got the magic conch on the first chest.

with that i went to farm the thunder bird until it dropped the zephyr for crafting the lightning boots, added a band of regeneration and made crimson armor (just in case), then went to a second fight with the jellyfish, i won this time. got the expert mode item and a pirate blunderbuss. went to the acuatic depths to farm a bit more of stuff and found a few pearls, platinum and a bit of acuaite. with the pearls i made the last component for crafting The Ring (a shame this item doesnt have the LoTR reference). im gonna explore the depths a bit more after this. im ready to fight Queen Bee but want to see what else the new biome has.

EDIT:

i've also been doing some missions for the cook, those food consumables are really cool. specially the one done with glowing mushrooms. i've also donde some hunting for the tracker but havent got pinky to spawn for the next missions. and there are some really usefull items from the next hunting missions after it.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 11:22:16 am by xaritscin »

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #12607 on: October 09, 2017, 01:10:56 pm »

Pinky is an snoying PITA. It seems he ether almost never spawns, or you see him so often you get sick of him. Oh well, such is RNG. At least he isn't as annoying as the nymph.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12608 on: October 09, 2017, 05:16:43 pm »

the problem with pinky is that it has a lot of health and its really weak to knockback so it takes more time to kill her. the nymph has more health but its resistant to knockback so you can more or less keep her permaknocked until she dies.

now, the real PITA is getting the goblin scout. not only you have to travel to one end of the map to make him spawn but also the guy has a low chance to appear and doesnt drop much of the cloth so you have to camp the edge for a long time.

so much for manually summoning the army. if it wasnt because this mods has a boss that requires meteorite i wouldnt even break those shadow orbs. i dont really like dealing with invasions constantly, nor seeing the map shred by meteorites.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12609 on: October 09, 2017, 08:02:51 pm »

ok a little exploration in the main entrance of the underground jungle showed a minecart rail that ends right on the jungle temple, i dont know where the entrance is yet, but at east i have the reference that its the slope of the structure. i had to do a second trip because of inventory clutter, but found the perfect beehive a few km in the main tunnel. so i went, made the arena and brought my potions for the fight.  that Magic Conch is OP as fuck, the queen died in a few minutes, didnt even have to worry about a Bezoar because i was able to tank enough and shave off the poison.

the mod adds a lot of variety to the mobs in the underjungle, got some petals but not enough for the armor (crimson still on top anyways) and the magic weapon crafted from it doesnt seem to convincing (all hail the Magic Conch!). the only thing i didnt found was the miniboss, allthought the wiki says you have to defeat skeletron for it and it doesnt drop anything for mage outside of a support item.

next thing on the list is to make the dungeon arena, will have to get some honey. there's still a lot of stuff to do before the WoF aparently.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12610 on: October 09, 2017, 08:16:41 pm »

God...dammit.

The Destroyer spawned while I was trying to farm Ice Golems (I have enough cores for a full set of Frost Armor, which I'm thinking of switching to for the ability to deal DoT). I decided to try and go for it, climbing up to the nearest sky island and raining fire down with Jester, Hellfire, and Holy Arrows. The worm itself couldn't reach me, but its probes could go through blocks and attacked. Every once in a while, I'd mirror back to my base so the nurse could heal me.

Now, I've had zero luck with Mimics. They rarely spawn, and when I do find them they're inevitably surrounded by swarms of other enemies that kill me first. I've died twice in a row to Medusas, in fact; one stoned me mid-air while I fell into a cavern, causing me to die on impact with the ground, while the second caught me off-guard in the middle of a large melee and I died before the debuff could wear off. So things like the Philosopher's Stone and the Stormbow just haven't had any opportunity to be found. My equipment remains exactly as it was before.

I *almost* won against the Destroyer. It was damn close. Nearly 3am, its HP was down in the low reds and I was firing Hellfire Arrows non-stop as it trapped me within my base. I was dealing something like 879 DPS, according to the DPS counter. And I died. As the Destroyer fled and despawned, it sort of spasmed and killed like five NPCs all at once. Insult to injury, I guess.

So I wound up wasting something like nine hundred arrows and half a stack of Greater Healing potions for absolutely fuck-all. My base is only half-populated. And now a pirate invasion is approaching. Fantastic.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12611 on: October 09, 2017, 09:02:53 pm »

at that point in the game is best to avoid the bosses. yeah frost armor is good replacement for adamantite. well, its the most logical actually since it requires the material and its focused in melee + ranged.

however, the destroyer is inmune to frostburn, take that in account. for the other bosses i think its possible to inflict it so you have an edge over Skeletron Prime or the Twins. the best outcome for it is that with that armor, farming the mimics will be easier.

dont try to fight the hallowed mimic in its ground. farm souls of light and craft the key then use it on a normal chest (wood and iron are virtually infinite, and chests are cheap to produce). that way you can kill it in the open with a proper terrain and bonuses.

normal mimics are easy if you have a grappling hook, but these guys are basically minibosses.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 09:05:24 pm by xaritscin »

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12612 on: October 10, 2017, 12:05:05 am »

the only pre-hardmode boss that remains is the WoF.

with the current equipment Skeletron went down relatively fast, it gave some hard moments but it was mostly because of the lack of mana regen or magic power potions. after that i raided the dungeon for some key components like the cobalt shield and the magic missile. along with the mechanic. then started building the arenas for the granite and marble bosses. the energy storm had me on my knees with all those orbs floating around it which made the fight longer, it gave the summoning weapon with ruthless (noice) however since im not a summoner it doesnt really do much. the buried champion was much more calmer as a fight, even in the cramped space, the wings are incredible and got the throwing weapon which was easily reforged for godly, really good backup when going out of mana.

the wings were just what i needed for scouting the sky, there were some islands at the east but very far, save for one that is right above the base. a bit on the west there was a sky lake so i roped it and built the arena there. the star scouter was too an easy fight, but i think its mostly because of the easily dodgeable projectiles, its the martian saucer lite anyways. it gave me another throwing weapon but the one i have is better anyways.

so yeah, now i have to finish the hellevator and mine all the way down to the underworld then build the long bridge. there wasnt a lava charm in this run, so i cant make my lava waders. i bet there are really good magic weapons now. the Magic Conch is still beating up and it will probably last until hardmode but i want something new. the magic missile is waiting for that skyfracture craft, and the aqua scepter serves a lot against several enemies.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #12613 on: October 10, 2017, 03:28:36 am »

I now have every single item needed for the cellphone except the metal detector and one of the angler items, so it's nymph hunting time. Midway through my latest trip, the game crashed, hard, and locked my whole PC up (it's a graphics card issue). Well, I only buy cases with reset buttons for a reason, punch reset and off we go.

Hunting for nymphs is pain enough without crashes slowing it even more, luckily this particular issue is pretty rare.

Spoiler: Computer stuff (click to show/hide)

In happier news, I managed to best skeletron on my second try (my first try was a disaster due to me getting stunlocked under the dungeon entry porch roof). The bee gun and the bee's knees are both pretty good weapons to use against this guy, he went down without too much trouble. Not too easy, but not too hard either.

All I have left is the WoF, but first I need to get my world ready for hardmode (sink biome containment shafts and such like), and gather the last few easy mode items I want (hence the nymph hunting).
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12614 on: October 10, 2017, 03:40:00 am »

Those pirates were brutal. I must have half a dozen gravestones scattered about just from the one invasion.

On the bright side, one of them dropped a Legendary Cutlass. So that's nice.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 839 840 [841] 842 843 ... 887