Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 811 812 [813] 814 815 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1308649 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!
« Reply #12180 on: July 21, 2015, 09:09:08 pm »

maybe it was the peace candle but even then i got a large amount of mobs. was expecting to get nailheads, butcherers or the other mobs of the event. maybe i have to kill plantera to get them.

Yes.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12181 on: July 21, 2015, 09:22:49 pm »

well fuck, time to find other weapons to use.

right now i defend with an excalibur, crystal serpent, hallowed repeater with hellfire arrows, optic and queen spider staves. all of them with the better modifiers for them.

made a megashark just for testing, maybe if i put some crystal bullets on it.

EDIT:

IT WORKS! full chlorophyte served me well, unreal megashark with crystal bullets and she came down very easily.... O_O

got spore sac, templey key, wasp gun and pygmy staff... very good stuff

oh and a hornet dropped me the yelets, cool find.

EDIT 2:

spent a large chunk of my money trying to reforge the wasp gun to demonic, didnt get it, but i was able to put the ruthless modifier to the pygny staff. the set will have to wait. i have a dungeon to enter. (have a jungle and hallowed keys)

EDIT 3:

got the kraken, spectre staff, wisp in a bottle, piranha gun and rainbow gun. also got a bit of ectoplasm.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 10:12:15 pm by xaritscin »

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #12182 on: July 21, 2015, 10:15:43 pm »

Just getting back into this for an LP series... wow there's so much that's changed.

Not just new content, stuff that's /changed/. Feeling a bit overwhelmed lol. I've put a decent amount of time into the game, about 300 hours, but only a small amount of that time was played in 1.2, and 1.3 is so far removed from even that xD

Enjoying it a lot though, but find myself fumbling a bit when trying to do things, or build things, that used to require different ingredients or had different mechanics.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12183 on: July 21, 2015, 10:49:34 pm »

ok you gotta be fucking kidding me....

with full chlorophyte armor, an unreal megashark with crystal bullets, a queen spider staff and two pygmys i was able to take down the golem in a single run, oh and with all the buffs potions necesary for the battle.

WTH i couldnt beat him back in 1.2 on normal (had hallowed armor only). and this guy came down really fast in expert. something is not quite. i dont know.

also, got a solar tablet in the chests, and several fragments from the lizards, even got 2 banners.

EDIT:

fought him again because i didnt get the picksaw, didnt get it on the second fight, in total it was 2 shiny stones, 41 beetle husks, staff of earth and golem fist. along with the normal potions and that stuff.

i'll have to wait for the martians to see if can get the laser drill for taking that altar.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 11:03:17 pm by xaritscin »

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12184 on: July 21, 2015, 11:34:14 pm »

Me and Digitaldemon had to kill the Gollum more than ten times to get the Heat ray.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12185 on: July 22, 2015, 02:43:45 am »

Is there some non-asshole non-fucking-trollface method to actually find a Lost Girl? I really CBA to setup 3 screens worth of controlled spawning manually for one item from one monster I haven't even seen in several hours of play.

*sigh* Also, anyone have decent panic room designs? I'm tired of being swarmed by the same shitty invasion events that made me quit last time.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12186 on: July 22, 2015, 02:50:09 am »

A _ _ _
A D T
A D T
A D T = = = = = = 5
_ _ _ _

A: Air (or where the mobs will ideally be when they hit the door
D: Door
T: Flame Trap (Must be facing the door)
_: Block
=: Wiring
5: Timer (1, 3, 5)

To make this effective, link an actuator on top of the flame traps, toggle them once (via switch, timer but remember to turn it off, or something else) to both trigger the trap and hide it, then remove the actuator and wiring on the traps, and reattach the wiring without the actuator.

You should have a passable flame trap that burns through the door.

alternatively actuated stone barricades or double doors beside each other:

D D
D D
D D

work quite well.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 02:52:03 am by New Guy »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12187 on: July 22, 2015, 03:01:51 am »

Invasions can't get you if you're underground!

Mostly. I think.

Just build your NPC housing in the cavern layer and mirror down if something shows up you don't want to deal with. Can set up teleports to get you back to the surface easy-like, eventually. Rope and whatnot beforehand.

Or NG's thing, I guess. Probably sprinkle some of those nice spiky ball traps around too, if you're going that route.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12188 on: July 22, 2015, 03:24:21 am »

Invasions can't get you if you're underground!

Mostly. I think.

Just build your NPC housing in the cavern layer and mirror down if something shows up you don't want to deal with. Can set up teleports to get you back to the surface easy-like, eventually. Rope and whatnot beforehand.

Or NG's thing, I guess. Probably sprinkle some of those nice spiky ball traps around too, if you're going that route.

World of Tears from so long ago was a cavern-tier town.

No invasions, no Blood Moon, no anything.

Just make sure your backwall's actually the cavern layer and not the dusty underground dirt layer.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12189 on: July 22, 2015, 10:34:07 am »

Is there some non-asshole non-fucking-trollface method to actually find a Lost Girl? I really CBA to setup 3 screens worth of controlled spawning manually for one item from one monster I haven't even seen in several hours of play.

*sigh* Also, anyone have decent panic room designs? I'm tired of being swarmed by the same shitty invasion events that made me quit last time.

best way to get a nymph is to got to the underground tundra. they usually appear on the unexplored areas or places with very few light. mobs that spawn without moving like nymphs and mimics seem to be more frecuent if the area doesnt have much ilumination.

in other news:

used the solar tablet to farm some of the new movie monsters. understimated their power, the nailheads specially have too much resistance even when using my best weapons. lost a large chunk of my NPCs and died a lot. despited the issues, got to farm some interesting stuff. 2 moon stones, butcher's chainsaw and the toxic flask.

after that decided to got to the jungle to farm more chlorophyte for making a beetle armor. need a third turtle shell for finishing the set. with this i should be able to survive the next invasions.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 10:51:28 am by xaritscin »

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12190 on: July 22, 2015, 11:30:21 am »

Get that trinket that shows the Rare Enemies nearby, have a hunter potion in reserve to drink when you see Lost Girl (or whatever she becomes) then try not to move around too much to avoid it despawning but see if she's near the edge of the screen.
Making a long hallway/cart track and using battle potions/water candles may help too, just be ready to hit the R or E key ASAP.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12191 on: July 22, 2015, 11:52:52 am »

finished the beetle armor, and took on the golem two times in a row, got several fists, the eye and a mask. made a destroyer emblem, althought im not really using that thing.

need to fight him more times. but i was running out of potions. got to craft most of them but i cant make wrath or regeneration potions due to a shortage of deathweed and daybloom.

may need to wait.

EDIT:

finally got the picksaw, now i can move the altar to the arena. the only issue now is having the cultists nearby, well, as long as i dont use minions i should be fine.

no sun stone yet. need to kill this guy more times

EDIT:

killed him 2 times in the arena, first one dropped the possesed hachet, second time dropped another picksaw.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 01:35:20 pm by xaritscin »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12192 on: July 22, 2015, 02:28:07 pm »

finally got the picksaw, now i can move the altar to the arena. the only issue now is having the cultists nearby, well, as long as i dont use minions i should be fine.
I think minions tend to ignore the cultists.  They'll deal damage to them if they pass over them, like birds and squirrels, but they don't actively attack the cultists.  They seem to use a similar AI as the Lost Girl, being a neutral creature that turns hostile.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12193 on: July 22, 2015, 02:52:16 pm »

finally got the mats for the celestial shell, and got to put the warding prefix on it, it replaces my charm of myths for now. tried to gather truffle worms but each time they appear they are killed by mobs.

may have to use invedit this time.....

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12194 on: July 22, 2015, 03:16:34 pm »

Shouldn't need an arena for the Golem. I can actually solo it easily with shroomite+tactical shotgun+chlorophyte bullets.

You can Solo him with basically anything

The Golem kind of shows that almost all of Terraria's difficulty is based on cheapness... Have a boss that has absolutely no cheap tactics and boom! easy.
Pages: 1 ... 811 812 [813] 814 815 ... 887