Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 790 791 [792] 793 794 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1308225 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!
« Reply #11865 on: July 10, 2015, 12:48:16 am »

Still working, anyway. And yeah, Terraria's coding being kinda' shoddy has been known for like... years? For a long while.

This has nothing to do with the potential for internet outrage. What kind of net-denizen are you?
An experienced one clearly.

If you examine the code of almost any game it'll look like garbage. DF's is particularly atrocious so I've heard.

I mostly mentioned it because it seemed to be comically bad. I'm sure anyone intresting can take a look but... I'm not personally complaining. I still enjoy the game.

I just think it's funny the amount of fuckery that's apparently slipped in over time.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #11866 on: July 10, 2015, 01:15:58 am »

If I recall this was pretty much Red's first effort at making something this big, so he started out with messy code as it was. It prolly lead to messy code later on too.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11867 on: July 10, 2015, 02:36:16 am »

Just killed the wall of flesh in expert mode. Got the demonite box, but the only thing inside of it was a bunch of hearts. No hammer, and no treasure bag.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11868 on: July 10, 2015, 02:42:42 am »

Just killed the wall of flesh in expert mode. Got the demonite box, but the only thing inside of it was a bunch of hearts. No hammer, and no treasure bag.

That's... dang.

The hammer comes with the bag; all boss drops excluding hearts are dropped in bags in expert.

If you lost the bag...
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11869 on: July 10, 2015, 02:54:22 am »

That's... dang.

The hammer comes with the bag; all boss drops excluding hearts are dropped in bags in expert.

If you lost the bag...
Going to try again in the morning. Hard mode was unlocked, so I was able to start upgrading some of my equipment. Plus, I half assed the arena, and I only used a single thing of cooked shrimp and an ironskin potion. So I doubt I'll have trouble killing it again. Would give it a second try now, but I have finals in four hours. And I should probably take a nap.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #11870 on: July 10, 2015, 10:08:12 am »

Trying to put together a cell phone before stashing all my equipment & starting a new game in the new update on expert.
Just need a radar & I'll be doing a lot of fishing. (Shoot, will be fishing for the radar pretty soon)

Gotta say, rather enjoyed hunting for a nymph with the LF analyzer & some hunting potions. Must be the first time I actually had a use for the consumables.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11871 on: July 10, 2015, 10:21:15 am »

entered the dungeon, came out with the bone welder, blue moon, water bolt, bone wand, muramasa, handgun, bewitching table, alchemy station, found the location of most of the hardmode biome chests. and got the mechanic...oh and the nazar, and two clothier voodoo dolls.

the only thing missing was the tallycounter. will have to return later (gotta farm dem bones too)...

the night's edge came with the size modifier though. was expecting something better. but anyways. will have to churn out gold from the dungeon in order to reforge it.

the only missing NPCs are the party girl and the stylist. also have to expand some houses. maybe i can make a treehouse now that i have those living wood tools. (seeing the dryad living in a cactus house makes me feel bad)....
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 10:49:53 am by xaritscin »

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11872 on: July 10, 2015, 11:07:34 am »

you should

living in a cactus is a pain, no?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11873 on: July 10, 2015, 11:23:18 am »

you should

living in a cactus is a pain, no?
its mostly due to how cactus blocks and walls look, too green, too much lines, too much spongy...

its like making a slime house, too much blue, too much plastic/jelly looking.

oh well, im gonna continue the works on the underworld passage, the house can wait. also, dropped the tally counter and got like 10+ gold from the skeletons, along with enough bones for necro armor and spare material for weapons or construction.

have like 300+ blocks of ash to put on the platform.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #11874 on: July 10, 2015, 11:29:07 am »

What're ya makin?

Got the tally counter yesterday. Sibling I was playing with got the first on in the first 5 minutes, we agreed they should bugger off & get to fishing.
Didn't find the second one for another hour and a half, 350+ skeletons later.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11875 on: July 10, 2015, 11:51:23 am »

Once while making my own WoF platform, I fell in lava. Not unusual.
And died, slightly unusual.
And dropped... Twenty-six gold coins. While submerged fully in lava.

I already had a platinum at home, because holy shit meteorite/crimtane/hell stone sell for a lot in bulk, so I didn't care afterwards.
Black lives matter.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11876 on: July 10, 2015, 12:18:03 pm »

the platform covers almost, if not a little bit over 1/4 of the underworld. have mined and killed so many stuff that almost complete a full stack of hellfire arrows, got two magma stones and several voodoo dolls. the only missing thing was getting the demon scythe.

sitting at almost 90 gold right now...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11877 on: July 10, 2015, 12:18:11 pm »

I never really bother with making a platform to fight it. I use water walking potions and carve out holes in all the buildings for me to run through.

The first time I fought it I made a huge platform that I only ended up using 10% of because it died so fast.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #11878 on: July 10, 2015, 01:40:33 pm »

Given that you're in expert mode, it's strongly reccomended to make a minecart rail for about 1000 blocks or so, minimum. When WoF gets low on health in expert mode it outruns a frostspark boots player.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11879 on: July 10, 2015, 02:14:15 pm »

Finally got my warding frostspark boots, and it only took like 15 platinum.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 ... 790 791 [792] 793 794 ... 887