Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 776 777 [778] 779 780 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1307958 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!
« Reply #11655 on: July 04, 2015, 08:08:39 pm »

Taking it the extra mile by corrupting the spelling, too. I can respect that.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11656 on: July 04, 2015, 10:27:31 pm »

from a horrible box shaped bunker i have been able to create a mostly good looking house, well, for the guide at least, i cant fit another NPC on this one without making a severe overhaul, may have to look for making another house for the merchant, since i have made quite the fortune. the problem is, im gettin low on stone which means no material for slabs. time to strike the earth i guess.....

EDIT:

making a sort of hellevator/prospection thing. as i dont really see a way to get naturally onto the underground i have dug a 4 blocks wide vertical tunel with the few rope i have in storage, the idea is to find the materials i need for the merchant's house and then keep digging down once i have a supply for mining
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 10:37:45 pm by xaritscin »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11657 on: July 04, 2015, 11:22:29 pm »

You could give pictures *eyebrow waggle*

New camera mode thing makes it pretty painless, too. Even pretty big compounds are quite easy to take pictures of now... though they do seem to get a bit sizable, file-size wise.

FOR EXAMPLE, AHAHAHAHA! Link instead of spoiler'd pic because it's a half meg .png :V

It's what happen when frumple builds with zero regard to aesthetics and only slightly more regard to functionality. The mighty irregular underground box compound!
Ask not!
Ask!

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11658 on: July 04, 2015, 11:25:18 pm »

So I like that the tree in the level select screen shows whether a world has corruption or crimson, but I really wish it would show whether you have the classic ores or the alternate ores. If I want one or the other, I have to load into the level and physically explore (at least until TEdit gets updated).

I can't confirm this, but I am fairly certain I've found both sets of ore in my world. Granted, I think one set is more common then the other, but I thinks its both now. I could be wrong though.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11659 on: July 04, 2015, 11:33:27 pm »

You could give pictures *eyebrow waggle*

put in spoiler because its too big

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

right now its the guide's house which serves as my temporal base and the merchant house (a little bit smaller, but this is a harsh embark).

the 4th night is coming and i need to get the 50 silver mark. its gonna be a little bit messy.

i'm actually a little bit limited in building space because with the corruption being so much close mean i can barely move from the second house due to EoS appearing even when being several blocks away from the biome.

the torh outside marks my spawn point. it looks pretty cool too. the frontyard is being used as a cactus farm for cactus armor. as i havent found enough metals i need the most out of wooden materials. tried to make a wooden bow but came with a bad modifier.

the hellevator/mine is located at the left of the spawn point so its not visible. will have to take another image next time

EDIT:

the 4th night gave me enough single combat against zombies for completing the 50 silver mark, the merchant came the next day and im working again on the prospection. found some patches of tin and even a node of silver. still not enough for armor though. luckily found some holes on the ground, just need to dig a connection. there's a small cave with blinkroot in one side and a demon altar at the other. but killing some slimes with the magic weapon revealed a small water body in an adjacent space, it may probe tricky. however. i may give use to the water. as i dont have a place to fish right now.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 12:12:07 am by xaritscin »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11660 on: July 05, 2015, 12:19:37 am »

I can't confirm this, but I am fairly certain I've found both sets of ore in my world. Granted, I think one set is more common then the other, but I thinks its both now. I could be wrong though.
You're both right and wrong, insofar as I've noticed :P

Near as I can tell, you still only get one set that you can mine. The difference is, there's several other sources of ores/ingots now, and those aren't world-locked. It's an utter nightmare to get any substantial amount of the off-world metals from those methods, but over time you do/can accumulate some.

In vaguely related news, my sudden and entirely arbitrary desire to test out my newly enlarged pond by fishing up five iron crates also netted me two golden crates (seven wooden ones, few dozen bomb fish, twenty something frost minnows, couple hundred of those throwing knife fish, who knows how many bass, set of frog legs, etc.), and from those
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They are as majestic as they are slow.
Ask not!
Ask!

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11661 on: July 05, 2015, 12:44:09 am »

digging onto the blinkroot source revealed a large chunk of lead, got to make a bucket out of it (there's still 2 or 3 bars in storage too). so im slowly moving the water of the aquifer onto a pond i'm making.

once i finish with the aquifer i'll make the connection to the demon altar space. and continue digging the hellevator.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11662 on: July 05, 2015, 12:48:07 am »

What sort of low-tier armor would be best for a ranger-in-the-making? Any set bonuses that would come in handy?

Also I abandoned my expert world. Crimson swallowed my spawn point and there was no point in continuing on when I'm still in cactus armor and my best weapon is a zombie's arm.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11663 on: July 05, 2015, 01:35:11 am »

What sort of low-tier armor would be best for a ranger-in-the-making? Any set bonuses that would come in handy?
Fossil if you use throwing weapons. Otherwise the first ranged set is Necro, and that's not until you get into the Dungeon.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11664 on: July 05, 2015, 01:35:35 am »

most of the starting ranged weapons dont have knockback so the best prefix they can get should be demonic. (unless you get to drop or get them with the unreal modifier, which wouldnt be logical).

for accesories, if you dont feel the need for armor then you either go for "lucky" (for more crit chance) or menacing (for raw damage increment).

as for armor. there's not really a ranged armor early on, the choices a think would serve you would be:

-pumpkin armor (the full set gives +10% damage dealt by any of your weapons, it only gives 7 defense though)

-ninja armor(the 1.3 update converted it from a vanity set to an early game throwing related equipment, if you dont mind playing with thrown weapons it would be the most close to a ranged set at that point, the downside is that you have to farm king slime for it)

-fossil armor(better stats than the ninja armor, still throwing weapon focused)

-necro armor(this is practically reaching the end of pre-hardmode so it shouldnt count)

-ore armor(the typical progression, you may not get any bonus to your ranged weapons but you can use the extra resistance to focus your accesories in actual damage increase for them).

outside of that well, archery potions, ammo box, and other potions to max your damage.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11665 on: July 05, 2015, 02:07:51 am »

Well, that bites. I want to focus on bows/guns, so ninja and fossil set are kinda out.

And oh hey, traveling merchant showed up. Do his wares actually change at all or will they always be the same?

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #11666 on: July 05, 2015, 02:11:06 am »

They change every time.
thincake

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11667 on: July 05, 2015, 02:38:33 am »

Cool.

Also it seems sunflowers don't block crimson at all. Even on a normal map, the stuff still uproots sunflowers and keeps going.
Do I seriously have some sort of bug? I don't want every world I create to get eaten up :l

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11668 on: July 05, 2015, 02:51:00 am »

They only work on corruption. You need to carve a chasm of freedom all the way to hell. (Or surround the crimson)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11669 on: July 05, 2015, 03:24:39 am »

Fuuuuuuck

On a completely unrelated note, I swear that the terrain generator is on acid or something:
Spoiler: Big image (click to show/hide)

Pages: 1 ... 776 777 [778] 779 780 ... 887