Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 766 767 [768] 769 770 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1307819 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!
« Reply #11505 on: July 01, 2015, 01:17:55 am »

Oh hey, there's this big update, I'm almost enticed to start up Terraria again. It has that Minecraft quality of eating up my life though. It's a gluttonous game, it is.
Well, if you do it with others, at the very least you spend your time having social contact with others.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #11506 on: July 01, 2015, 03:15:53 am »

Fuck this. Medusa is god damned unbeatable. You can't even be on the same fucking SCREEN as her and NOT get stunlocked to death for 25 damage a piece, let alone if there's something else in the room! Yes, I started on expert. Yes, I expect to get my ass handed to me. I don't expect for there to be an impossible to kill enemy that isn't even a fucking boss waiting for me in the caverns making it impossible for me to collect materials.

Have any of you found a way to even hurt the bitch? Let alone kill her?
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11507 on: July 01, 2015, 03:52:40 am »

Fuck this. Medusa is god damned unbeatable. You can't even be on the same fucking SCREEN as her and NOT get stunlocked to death for 25 damage a piece, let alone if there's something else in the room! Yes, I started on expert. Yes, I expect to get my ass handed to me. I don't expect for there to be an impossible to kill enemy that isn't even a fucking boss waiting for me in the caverns making it impossible for me to collect materials.

Wear a blindfold, use a mirror shiield, a reflective amulet, or polymorph into a creature that's already made of stone.

nobody's gonna get the joke

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11508 on: July 01, 2015, 03:58:36 am »

Goodness is expert... REALLY hard.

I actually appreciate the two modes significantly.

One is great for single player without making it impossible to progress unless you are "leet".

While the other is great for multiplayer.

Which finally there is a balance... Since honestly it was not fun being stuck in single player because the bosses were WAY too tough in early Terraria (I remember Skeletron who was actually unbeatable solo unless you skipped the dungeon tier)... and it wasn't fun being WAY overpowered for everything in multiplayer.

Sucks that the game essentially wiped my progress... >_< it took forever to get my collection and houses and now they are gone.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 04:08:53 am by Neonivek »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11509 on: July 01, 2015, 04:32:09 am »

Wear a blindfold, use a mirror shiield, a reflective amulet, or polymorph into a creature that's already made of stone.

nobody's gonna get the joke
Nethack, maybe?

Goodness is expert... REALLY hard.

I actually appreciate the two modes significantly.

One is great for single player without making it impossible to progress unless you are "leet".

While the other is great for multiplayer.

Which finally there is a balance... Since honestly it was not fun being stuck in single player because the bosses were WAY too tough in early Terraria (I remember Skeletron who was actually unbeatable solo unless you skipped the dungeon tier)... and it wasn't fun being WAY overpowered for everything in multiplayer.

Sucks that the game essentially wiped my progress... >_< it took forever to get my collection and houses and now they are gone.
Skeletron? Unbeatable? Not even.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11510 on: July 01, 2015, 04:33:10 am »

Yes Sirus there was a time Skeletron was unbeatable solo unless you got hell tier equipment. Because there was simply no way to damage him enough before morning.

It was fixed... but it doesn't mean it didn't happen.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 05:04:48 am by Neonivek »

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #11511 on: July 01, 2015, 10:52:01 am »

Aaaand defeated the Moon Lord.
Gosh that was satisfying.
thincake

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #11512 on: July 01, 2015, 11:22:53 am »

Aaaand defeated the Moon Lord.
Gosh that was satisfying.
Ohh what did he drop? Spoiler it obviously

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #11513 on: July 01, 2015, 11:24:19 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
thincake

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #11514 on: July 01, 2015, 11:27:42 am »

Cool. I haven't been on the wiki much. Sounds neat

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11515 on: July 01, 2015, 12:36:59 pm »

If you're going for a pure 1.3 character, don't underestimate the power of a decent blowpipe and free seeds to shoot. Even my tungsten bow isn't necessarily much better, if not for the fire arrows.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #11516 on: July 01, 2015, 12:39:06 pm »

Also yo-yos. Yo-yos are OP AF

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11517 on: July 01, 2015, 01:15:24 pm »

Are there any new potions or accessories to help find chests? I know that there is the treasure hunting potion, but I was hoping for something more radar-y, maybe gives a general direction or warmth feeling as to how close the nearest treasure chest is.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #11518 on: July 01, 2015, 01:28:21 pm »

Blowpipes predate 1.3. Just sayin.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11519 on: July 01, 2015, 02:35:21 pm »

Are there any new potions or accessories to help find chests? I know that there is the treasure hunting potion, but I was hoping for something more radar-y, maybe gives a general direction or warmth feeling as to how close the nearest treasure chest is.
Not really, but there is a related feature.

Apparently for the full-screen map they incorporated a really good TEdit feature, and you can hover over pixels to see what they are.

Why's this good? The parts of the map you've already explored automatically update themselves. Explore all of hell, and once Shadow Chests show up, they'll be on the map, even if you never went back to hell. Same for Plantera bulbs in the jungle, they're 2x2 light pink blocks.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 766 767 [768] 769 770 ... 887