Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 731 732 [733] 734 735 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1308354 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.2 now out!
« Reply #10980 on: October 26, 2013, 07:20:14 am »

Holy shit the last few waves of Pumpkin Moon are insane. 3 Pumpkings + 2 Mourning Woods? How does one deal with that?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #10981 on: October 26, 2013, 10:52:18 am »

The new frost golems make hardmode hilarious, within about an hour of building our cloudship SE and I had full frost armor and wings. We then made some palladium repeaters, killed Skeletron Prime a few times and geared ourselves up with hallowed stuff.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10982 on: October 26, 2013, 11:40:10 am »

Y'know, if it's waves and survival and such, why not set up a few heart statues to repeaters and put bonfires everywhere?

I'm still drudging my way through early/mid hard mode right now and just finished making an adamantium repeater, so when it comes to actually killing big things, I might be talking out my ass.
Surviving isn't all that hard. The greek fire attacks are a little dangerous and if you let the headless horseman get close to you he'll tear you to shreds, but otherwise everything's manageable. The problem is the time limit. You have to start after dusk and it ends at dawn so you have at most 9 minutes. I set up an ideal spawning arena using TEdit and still havn't gotten to wave 15. There is only one logical option left, I have to stop time.

This is going to be fun.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10983 on: October 26, 2013, 11:44:25 am »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10984 on: October 26, 2013, 12:01:09 pm »

There is only one logical option left, I have to stop time.
Not sure if reference or...
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10985 on: October 26, 2013, 01:24:27 pm »

Or do it the same way Yrimir does it.

The only items I recognize in his hotbar are the nimbus rod, magic cuffs, and ebonwood. Why the frak does he have magic cuffs on his hotbar?

* Of course, it's kind of a moot point since I haven't progressed far enough to acquire any ectoplasm.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10986 on: October 26, 2013, 02:36:48 pm »

Oh my god. I got to the final wave on a server with 7 other people. There were so MANY of them. You could barely see anything but Mourning Wood, greek fire, those scythe projectiles, and Pumpkings. On the plus side, I got a horseman's blade, a spider egg and some other uninteresting loot.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10987 on: October 26, 2013, 11:03:10 pm »

no 1.2.1.1 related, but is there a good starting armor before hardmode? i got up to molten armor and it was cool but after beating the wall of flesh finding cobalt was annoying as fuck due to the corruption/hallow spread. i got so bored of dying everytime i tried to explore in search of it that i just deleted the world and the character and im gonna star a new one. got like a cobalt leggings and helmet but it was annoying to this time to find the ore with so much dangers, the world was practically consumed.

so i want to know if there's a better armor after molten that i can get quickly at least for surviving the new enemies.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10988 on: October 26, 2013, 11:08:22 pm »

Molten is top-tier for pre-hardmode. It's from that directly to palladium/cobalt.

Some people swear by crimson, but that's only really effective if you don't get hit. You may have better luck trying to find an area that wasn't contaminated and looking for hardmode ores there (mine were at the edges of the map). Failing that, explore the underworld first and try mining from the bottom up. Hell enemies don't change THAT much in hardmode, and the ore deposits at that depth are quite large.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #10989 on: October 26, 2013, 11:11:23 pm »

If you want a good set of armor early in hardmode, go to the ice biome while it's raining/blizzarding, and then set up a lava mob trap and afk and come back to a full set of frozen armor.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10990 on: October 26, 2013, 11:12:00 pm »

The frost armor is pretty beast, and is significantly better then cobalt. Go to the snow biome while its raining at night, and kill some of the ice golems. They each drop one piece, but they have tons of HP and are pretty damaging and tanky.

I have to say that I love the crimson armor. It starts fading once you get into hardmode, but the health regen really adds up fast. It doesn't matter if you take 100 damage per minute more then the molten dude, you still come out ahead in health over time.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10991 on: October 26, 2013, 11:13:21 pm »

no 1.2.1.1 related, but is there a good starting armor before hardmode? i got up to molten armor and it was cool but after beating the wall of flesh finding cobalt was annoying as fuck due to the corruption/hallow spread. i got so bored of dying everytime i tried to explore in search of it that i just deleted the world and the character and im gonna star a new one. got like a cobalt leggings and helmet but it was annoying to this time to find the ore with so much dangers, the world was practically consumed.

so i want to know if there's a better armor after molten that i can get quickly at least for surviving the new enemies.

If you got a snow biome, hunt down some frost golems when it's blizzarding. They drop fost armor, which is crazy good for how easy it is to get. Better than hallow I think.

And if you find some ice chest mimics in underground snow biome, you can get Frostbrand, a sword powerful enough to last you quite a long time.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10992 on: October 26, 2013, 11:58:26 pm »

They drop like the keys did, but you need souls from all three of the hardmode bosses (plus temple key from plantera), so you can't possibly get them pre hardmode.
...hardmode bosses drop souls again?

EDIT: Wait, they still drop souls according to the wiki...

Weird that the twins never had, for me...

Don't forget that souls float, not fall to the ground.

I've forgotten to fly up to find my souls when I kill one of the bosses up in the air once or twice.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10993 on: October 27, 2013, 12:05:56 am »

Could someone link me to a Bay12 server? The hardmode bosses (besides The Destroyer) really kick my ass, plus it's just more fun to play with other people.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10994 on: October 27, 2013, 12:50:37 am »

So, I found 2 crimson molds. Are the droprates for these things increased?

Back then, I would have incredible difficulty finding one key (and found only one key I did), but now, they seem to be dropping like candy.
Pages: 1 ... 731 732 [733] 734 735 ... 887