Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 706 707 [708] 709 710 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1308779 times)

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.2 now out!
« Reply #10605 on: October 12, 2013, 04:46:31 pm »

hey that works for me.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10606 on: October 12, 2013, 05:01:05 pm »

This is how it looks at the most confused:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There are only a few stretches of single biome where you don't get assaulted by several different kind of creatures at the same time, and a part of the Jungle was already nuked by a meteorite falling into it.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10607 on: October 12, 2013, 05:09:10 pm »

I cant help but note that the chasm in the minimap looks like a dick.
Crack-a-lack-a

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10608 on: October 12, 2013, 05:11:43 pm »

FUCKING HERPLINGS

CRIMSON
WHY MUST YOU HURT ME SO
I LOVE YOU CRIMSON

Also, fuck hellbats. The only method of dealing with anything in hardmode whatsoever is to either shoot it in the face with a shotgun and pray that it dies within ten shots, or flail about with a chainsaw.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10609 on: October 12, 2013, 05:21:33 pm »

Demon scythe.  Demon scythe everything, until you get Dao of Pow.  Then, Pow everything.

Eventually you'll be able to work your way up to other, later hardmode items and equipment.  But those two will carry you along quite well for a long time.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10610 on: October 12, 2013, 05:51:44 pm »

FUCKING HERPLINGS

CRIMSON
WHY MUST YOU HURT ME SO
I LOVE YOU CRIMSON

Also, fuck hellbats. The only method of dealing with anything in hardmode whatsoever is to either shoot it in the face with a shotgun and pray that it dies within ten shots, or flail about with a chainsaw.
Find a good camping spot on the surface and wait for a bloodmoon. Murder anything and everything you see, paying extra attention to clowns. Wait for the KO Cannon to drop.

Once you have the KO Cannon, you only really have to have good aim, and not be swarmed from many directions at once. It knocks back things a good deal, and is very rapid fire (a lot like the Harpoon, but with shorter range and no drop). Herplings, possessed armors, and pretty much all of the common Hardmode enemies become very controllable with it.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #10611 on: October 12, 2013, 06:45:55 pm »

Golden shower and spectre armor, I  farmed the dungeon stuffed using blood and sweat Hellstone armor, Was quick and maanged to kill tons of monsters  that dropped all the Ectoplasm I needed, I was good dodger with my wings :) Afeter you got taht work your way there, with it, If you can get diabolists fork or the necromancers weapon, in my case Diabolists fork first, Havent got necromancers yet tho.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10612 on: October 12, 2013, 06:48:48 pm »

I just use the Terra blade. Easy peasy.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10613 on: October 12, 2013, 06:57:16 pm »

I do still think it's kind of funny that the sort of "ultimate weapon" (the Terra blade) is only on-par with or inferior to the other melee weapons you can find.

I mean, vampire knives are one thing, but non-biome drops like the paladin's hammer or the possessed hatchet outperform the blade in both damage and utility.  Heck, if you want a truly melee weapon that has the same base damage as the ridiculously-tedious-to-craft Terra blade, just build yourself a chlorophyte warhammer.  It even autoswings!  Yeah, it's slower and doesn't shoot out a piercing bolt, but you can make it right after you beat one of the mechanical bosses if you want.  And, again, it autoswings...  Which the ultimate blade doesn't.

Also I think it has more knockback, but don't quote me on that.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10614 on: October 12, 2013, 07:15:18 pm »

Autoclicker -> Everything autoswings.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #10615 on: October 12, 2013, 07:18:14 pm »

The terrablade isn't at all tedious to craft. You'll have most if not all the componenets for Night's Edge from pre-hardmode, then the rest is literally the hilt things and a few hallowed ingots.

As far as general use goes, the first thing I do in hardmode is build a house for the Truffle and get me a spear. The mushroom spear carried me through 90% of hardmode. The only fight I didn't use it in was Plantera's.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10616 on: October 12, 2013, 08:31:45 pm »

Demon scythe.  Demon scythe everything, until you get Dao of Pow.  Then, Pow everything.

Eventually you'll be able to work your way up to other, later hardmode items and equipment.  But those two will carry you along quite well for a long time.
THE DEMON SCYTHE IS NOT EFFECTIVE ENOUGH
Adamantite chainsaw has just enough knockback to keep enemies in roughly place. It's my solution now.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10617 on: October 12, 2013, 11:22:19 pm »

First thing to do in hardmode, wait till it rains and get a nimbus rod. Makes farming much easier, as you can build a wall and have it rain right past it.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10618 on: October 12, 2013, 11:26:27 pm »

Specter set complete. Spectral tools crafted. Ghost wings done. 104 ectoplasm leftover. 840 bones.

ZERO ROCKET LAUNCHER GRRRR RAGE.

upside: 2 solar eclipses in a row mean I now have 999 rocket IV's waiting and ready... and 2 more platinum saved up. And a pet eye-nerve-spring-thing. And a Terra edge.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10619 on: October 12, 2013, 11:38:06 pm »

Items stolen from the Lihzard Temple:

-Every chest
-Every table
-Every chair
-Every workbench
-Every trap