Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 694 695 [696] 697 698 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1308944 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.2 now out!
« Reply #10425 on: October 10, 2013, 06:13:33 am »

Too bad that Lucky Coin statue exploit have been 'fixed'.
Yes, darn them fixing these free money exploits and making magic weapons actually use mana. Its like they want some semblance of balance or something.
Well yes I do agree with magical things using mana and game balancing.
However what I meant was, it's too bad they fixed a "feature" before I could have the time to exploit it. :p

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #10426 on: October 10, 2013, 06:14:36 am »

And again I say that if you're going to use exploits to get free stuff, just save time and use an inventory editor. You're cheating either way, but at least you're cheating well.

Edit: And I say this with no condemnation, I've done it before too. Just seems silly to me to say "Darn them for fixing a supercheaty exploit" when you can just give yourself the same money you'd have otherwise gotten with it.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10427 on: October 10, 2013, 06:16:09 am »

^This guy knows what he's talking about.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10428 on: October 10, 2013, 06:18:55 am »

Well I prefer exploiting a feature completely "legit" without help from mods or such.
And it wasn't really a complaint, more like.. uuh.. ok I lost my trail of thought there..
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 06:20:35 am by Ultimuh »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #10429 on: October 10, 2013, 06:19:48 am »

I like the quotation marks around "legit" there. Seems oxymoronic. :P

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10430 on: October 10, 2013, 06:57:43 am »

It's the difference between cheesing and cheating.  Cheesing, in my experience, is generally more fun and carries with it its own sense of accomplishment, whereas cheating does not.

Like, I'm quite happy to have gone along with another Bay12ian and taken on the dungeon guardian with turtle armor, thus netting us both bone keys, because I think that it's a hilarious oversight and doesn't really give you much of anything anyways (another purely cosmetic pet).

I do wonder about the leaf blower/heat ray though.  I thought the whole point was for them to not use mana.  I mean, the power-pack things they both set up on your back seem like decent enough game-explanations as to why this might be the case, and it's not like you get either of them at a point where they're particularly awesome compared to anything else you have at your disposal (when taking actual mana usage into consideration).  They're nice to stock up on as spare weapons for people who don't have good armor or mana reserves.

Not entirely sure how I feel about the corruption/hallow spread.  Mixed feelings.

EDIT:  Apparently, someone just found a magical harp in an ice chest pre-hardmode.  That's hilarious.

EDIT2:  NOTICE!  For those of you who have hardmode worlds where you've killed Plantera before the latest update, KILL HER AGAIN.  The corruption/hallow spread is reset by the version to normal hardmode values regardless of whether or not you've taken her out in that world before (multiple times even).  Don't think it's as complacent now as it was before the update, just because you've previously filled the criteria to get it to stop.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10431 on: October 10, 2013, 08:38:13 am »

Let me guess, all the hard mode bosses now drop keys that open all of these special chests and temples I am finding that require special keys?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10432 on: October 10, 2013, 08:41:09 am »

Let me guess, all the hard mode bosses now drop keys that open all of these special chests and temples I am finding that require special keys?
Various other mobs drop them (as well?).
Tough the droprate is rather low.
Depends on what keys you are looking for, I guess.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10433 on: October 10, 2013, 09:26:43 am »

The temple key is dropped from one hardmode boss in particular, with 100% droprate.

The special chests in the dungeon have their keys dropped by any enemy located in the respective biome for the key, those being Crimson, Corruption, Hallow, Snow and Jungle.  The biome keys have a 0.025% droprate per enemy.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10434 on: October 10, 2013, 10:17:09 am »

Yes, darn them fixing these free money exploits and making magic weapons actually use mana. Its like they want some semblance of balance or something.

Well I got the heatray because I thought it was "supposed to" not use mana. A sort of magic item you can use while your manage is recharging.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10435 on: October 10, 2013, 10:46:53 am »

Well I got the heatray because I thought it was "supposed to" not use mana. A sort of magic item you can use while your mana is recharging.

That's not quite how magic works.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10436 on: October 10, 2013, 10:52:26 am »

Neither is it how laser guns work. YET HERE WE ARE.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10437 on: October 10, 2013, 11:13:15 am »

Laser guns running on magic? No, that's about right.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #10438 on: October 10, 2013, 12:02:51 pm »

Goddamn liquid creation.

Goddamn buggy liquid model.  Goddamn floating point rounding.  Goddamn logic flaws in the algorithms.

Pissing me way off here.

I want to drain a lava lake, in hell.  Lots of lava comes out of the output pump(s)... the source level isn't dropping at all from the input pump(s).  I've tried the 'don't completely submerge them' hint from the wiki, it doesn't seem to help.  I've tried multiple input pumps working in tandem, targeting one or multiple output pumps.

I know there's lots of ways to create liquids -- is there a way to destroy them?

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #10439 on: October 10, 2013, 12:14:32 pm »

From the page you linked:

(Most important) As of version 1.1, covering up a block requires a reload to truly remove fluids. (This is extremely serious when dealing with lava.)
Reloading a world will end any infinite flows.

Lava is difficult to get rid of. The only ways to eradicate it are by bringing it into contact with water so that it becomes obsidian, dropping sand (or silt) into it to blot it out, or using the Dirt Rod to force dirt into it. Of these, the Dirt Rod is probably the easiest and quickest, due to the bug detailed on the Dirt Rod page.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.
Pages: 1 ... 694 695 [696] 697 698 ... 887