Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 690 691 [692] 693 694 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1309012 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.2 now out!
« Reply #10365 on: October 09, 2013, 11:55:49 am »

Here is a question...

Does Plantera spawners respawn?

Nevermind, looked it up.

I need to seriously grind Plantera since I got unlucky and its primary spawn occurred every single time.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 11:57:48 am by Neonivek »

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10366 on: October 09, 2013, 11:57:25 am »

Here is a question...

Does Plantera spawners respawn?
They do. Just build a long mud road underground, planted with jungle seeds, if you want to farm it.
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #10367 on: October 09, 2013, 12:21:53 pm »

Actuators. And I believe that was made impossible, at least until you open the place up. Can the temple walls not be mined at all, even after it is open?
Only with the picksaw. Nothing else has enough pickaxe power to dig 'em.
> Golem drops the picksaw.

T_T This is the best scenario ever when you can't even hit the head-

Wait, if it's stuck in the blocks, doesn't that mean it's technically immobile and can't do anything to you? In regards to movement, at least. You could use a lot of explosive ammo, or any weapon that reaches through rock (Vilethorn? Spears?) to just hammer away at it until it's dead.
It can't shoot out the fireballs given that the fireballs disappear when they get out and just light up where his head is.
Can't get a screenshot due to lack of power cells on this infuriating glitch.

Spoiler: Screenshot (click to show/hide)
The cursor is where the head would spawn. Yes, right below that offscreen is the altar. Right on top of the huge room.

Would the range of any weapon which penetrates blocks reach that far?

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #10368 on: October 09, 2013, 12:29:19 pm »

The mushroom spear should do it.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10369 on: October 09, 2013, 12:31:23 pm »

Mushroom spear and vilethorn should work.  That's pretty shallow, any decently piercing weapon would work.

Also, you might consider using TEdit - in this case, your world has a bug, so moving the altar down would be considered bugfixing, not really cheating.  Your rationalization my vary.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10370 on: October 09, 2013, 12:32:51 pm »

Explosive ammo should reach it if it's exactly over the cursor and you can get at it from above. Vilethorn has decent range, I think.

After some researching, it seems there are two more weapons you can use. The Nettle Burst, which is a rare drop from Plantera, is a longer-ranged version of Vilethorn, and if you have access to Chlorophyte you can make a Chlorophyte Partisan, which emits a puff of damaging particles at the apex of the thrust, which can damage the enemy if it ends up in the right spot.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #10371 on: October 09, 2013, 12:34:11 pm »

Mushroom spear and vilethorn should work.  That's pretty shallow, any decently piercing weapon would work.

Also, you might consider using TEdit - in this case, your world has a bug, so moving the altar down would be considered bugfixing, not really cheating.  Your rationalization my vary.
I take it this works on a Steam-connected Terraria? As in, targeting the folder where the steamapp is?

Explosive ammo should reach it if it's exactly over the cursor and you can get at it from above. Vilethorn has decent range, I think.

After some researching, it seems there are two more weapons you can use. The Nettle Burst, which is a rare drop from Plantera, is a longer-ranged version of Vilethorn, and if you have access to Chlorophyte you can make a Chlorophyte Partisan, which emits a puff of damaging particles at the apex of the thrust, which can damage the enemy if it ends up in the right spot.

Thanks so much all of you. :))

Edit: Checked the distance--it's under the cursor, actually. Right under it. Nearly forgot that the head only made itself known by the glowy eyes and the fireball which lit up where it was, as it was fully in the dark.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 12:35:57 pm by Tiruin »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10372 on: October 09, 2013, 12:36:24 pm »

TEdit's default is the steamapps folder, you just select "open" and choose the world file, mess with the map, and save it.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10373 on: October 09, 2013, 12:50:37 pm »

The chlorophyte spear would work wonderfully. It's already mainly used for cheesing the Golem through walls, as it fires out clouds of penetrating gas.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10374 on: October 09, 2013, 01:03:50 pm »

Honestly though I consider the Golem to be easier than Plantera. Since it is relatively easy to just jump circles around him. Fight the Golem outside the temple as well and he becomes the easiest hardmode boss.

Then again I never created an arena for Plantera.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10375 on: October 09, 2013, 01:43:41 pm »

Honestly though I consider the Golem to be easier than Plantera. Since it is relatively easy to just jump circles around him. Fight the Golem outside the temple as well and he becomes the easiest hardmode boss.

Then again I never created an arena for Plantera.

I kind of have the same opinion as well, Plantera seems/seemed far more threatening than the Golem.  Although, supposedly, Plantera can be practically neutralized if you lead her up to the surface, since she can't climb around any more then.  Really, it's mostly her excellent maneuverability and area-denial that's the tricky part.  The Golem is much, much easier to dodge away from.

And yeah, Tir, try using either the mushroom spear or Nettle Burst.  Nettle not only has more range than Vilethorn, it also does considerably more damage.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10376 on: October 09, 2013, 01:46:39 pm »

Nettle also lingers for longer, it seems, so it'll just sit there damaging.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10377 on: October 09, 2013, 03:01:43 pm »

My wizard just keeps on falling down the hellivator. No other NPC does this. I think he misses being tied up in the depths. That or the snow biome I'm in is too cold.
Odd, that's what the guide in my friend's world keeps doing. He died once when we were about to summon WoF.. luckily another guide spawned quite soon.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #10378 on: October 09, 2013, 05:00:58 pm »

I'm still pre-hardmode, and I've been scouring my world and have had terrible luck in finding Hermes Boots. I have found literally dozens of golden chests, even actively searching for them, found numerous amounts of the other items you can find, and still no Hermes boots.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #10379 on: October 09, 2013, 05:13:02 pm »

I'm still pre-hardmode, and I've been scouring my world and have had terrible luck in finding Hermes Boots. I have found literally dozens of golden chests, even actively searching for them, found numerous amounts of the other items you can find, and still no Hermes boots.
I think you'd have better luck in ice biomes. In the underground there you can find ice chests and their loot table is a lot smaller, giving you a decent shot at the Flurry Boots, which are 100% equivalent to the Hermes Boots.
Pages: 1 ... 690 691 [692] 693 694 ... 887