Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 689 690 [691] 692 693 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1309017 times)

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.2 now out!
« Reply #10350 on: October 09, 2013, 07:40:34 am »

There can definitely be corruption in snow biomes. In the D1HM server, there's purple ice directly bellow spawn.

Meatgrinder is a rare drop from hardmode crimson enemies.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10351 on: October 09, 2013, 07:50:18 am »

Supposedly the gas things specifically, iirc.

Re: Passive ice corruption: I took a 30 or so tile block of ice and stuck it on top of crimson
Spoiler: before (click to show/hide)
and then took a short jaunt to the other end of the world and back (maybe, what, 5-8 minutes?)
Spoiler: after (click to show/hide)

So... there you go.

Snow definitely doesn't corrupt, but ice does quite handily.

E: Also, I just stood there as a stone tile was corrupted into crimstone, so... yeah.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 07:52:51 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10352 on: October 09, 2013, 07:52:36 am »

I think clentaminated areas don't spread. We've been through most of the biomes on Kag's server with it, which would account for the lack of spreading.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10353 on: October 09, 2013, 10:28:51 am »

As a suggestion for Hardmode solo.

Grind the dungeon.

It has a great magic set along with two of the best magic spells in the game and a magic armor set that is "equal" to the hallow armor set (Hallow has higher stats but Spectral has a better special ability)

It is the easiest way to be hard mode ready very quickly.

Second is build wooden platforms until you get high enough to the sky to fight harpies... Then building a battle arena up there and fight until you get enough "Souls of Flight" to make the recipe. It is VITAL in hardmode.

Hey is there a better revolver? I haven't seen any. It is like after hell guns either get higher rates of fire or spread...
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 10:33:23 am by Neonivek »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10354 on: October 09, 2013, 10:33:22 am »

Except it doesn't, really.  I still keep looking at the map using a worldview program, and there is still no noticeable spread underground.  With as long as the world has been active, about 80% of the map (at least) should've been contaminated by now.  Plus, the area we were trying to "seed" just off the hellevator still hasn't had so much as a single block of activity.

And again, other areas that haven't been clentaminated have crimson/hallow grass directly adjacent to natural stone blocks.  In the old days, this would mean contamination.  It hasn't changed in the three days or so I've noticed a couple specific points.  Only thing that seems to spread is the grass.

It's strange that there are such different observations going on.  It definitely seems as though *something* changed, but what exactly that might be I'm not sure.

Plus corruption is spread by Corruptors, supposedly.

Not anymore; that was removed in 1.2, thus turning corruptors from being an unimaginable horror and hell to deal with into "just another irritating monster".

It is the easiest way to be hard mode ready very quickly.

Hey is there a better revolver? I haven't seen any. It is like after hell guns either get higher rates of fire or spread...

You have a very peculiar definition of the term "easy"...   Also, the Venus Magnum is the best "revolver" I can think of, unless you count the Stynger for some reason.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10355 on: October 09, 2013, 10:34:39 am »

It has a great magic set along with two of the best magic spells in the game and a magic armor set that is "equal" to the hallow armor set (Hallow has higher stats but Spectral has a better special ability)

Spectral is likely getting toned way down, so get it while it's good.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10356 on: October 09, 2013, 10:40:41 am »

Spectral is likely getting toned way down, so get it while it's good.

Almost all of the hardmode items added (but not the previous ones) have been seriously better then the previous hardmode items.

Turtle Armor makes the Hallow armor set look TERRIBLE when it comes to melee.

But even if Spectral armor gets nerfed... in terms of raw stats it is still better then adamantine.

I actually think some of the hard mode items that were in terraria previously may need to be pumped. Some of them are so hard to build that it is better just to skip them.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 10:42:41 am by Neonivek »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10357 on: October 09, 2013, 10:55:38 am »

There's the sniper rifle that can be gamed to do 300+ damage with about a 40% crit rate.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #10358 on: October 09, 2013, 11:02:00 am »

..Does the method of using the aut-the thing which toggles solid blocks from the Mechanic and using them to create a path in the Jungle Temple still working? It either doesn't work on mine, or I've no idea how to use wires, switches, and those things when they're placed on a block.

Solely because when I spawn
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It gets its head stuck in the blocks and is therefore, uncombatable.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10359 on: October 09, 2013, 11:04:45 am »

Actuators. And I believe that was made impossible, at least until you open the place up. Can the temple walls not be mined at all, even after it is open?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10360 on: October 09, 2013, 11:05:33 am »

Only with the picksaw. Nothing else has enough pickaxe power to dig 'em.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10361 on: October 09, 2013, 11:13:32 am »

Wait, if it's stuck in the blocks, doesn't that mean it's technically immobile and can't do anything to you? In regards to movement, at least. You could use a lot of explosive ammo, or any weapon that reaches through rock (Vilethorn? Spears?) to just hammer away at it until it's dead.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10362 on: October 09, 2013, 11:14:57 am »

That would work up to the point that the head started firing lasers at you, I think, since those pass through things. Explosive ammo, if it could reach, would make it absolutely easy to dodge the lasers while still dealing damage.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10363 on: October 09, 2013, 11:22:03 am »

Aha.  I think I may have found an answer to the different results as far as spreading goes.

From the wiki page on the Corruption:
History

1.2:
        There is a chance for the corruption biome to be replaced with Crimson biome in a world on generation.
        Bug: Killing a hardmode boss reverts the spread back to normal mode speed.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10364 on: October 09, 2013, 11:44:08 am »

My wizard just keeps on falling down the hellivator. No other NPC does this. I think he misses being tied up in the depths. That or the snow biome I'm in is too cold.
Pages: 1 ... 689 690 [691] 692 693 ... 887