Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 677 678 [679] 680 681 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1309134 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.2 now out!
« Reply #10170 on: October 06, 2013, 04:25:15 pm »

So...Hive Biome.

It isn't guaranteed to spawn in an underground jungle, is it?

...Because I cleared my whole darn underground just looking for it. And am quite dismayed to check the minimap seeing. . .

Erm, well you get why I'm asking.

No clue. I have at least 3 in one world. They are rather small.

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10171 on: October 06, 2013, 04:28:26 pm »

I think they always spawn, but they're really small so it's a needle in a haystack type thing. I used MoreTerra to make a png map to help find them (and to search for worlds with pyramids). It's not fully up to date yet so most of the new blocks are pink but honey shows up as yellow so it's still pretty easy to read.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10172 on: October 06, 2013, 04:31:26 pm »

I just died to the Eye for the second time.
Not because I wasn't prepared, but because I battled him on my house.
I could have done it, if I had a wider house, or if I had done it in the perfectly accessible area next door.
Black lives matter.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10173 on: October 06, 2013, 05:09:32 pm »

Okay, I've made good headway on my CtG map. The basic structure is set up so far, with a large central hill-castle full of traps and twisty passages, as well as a tower for each team. It's mirrored, and the towers are tall enough to discourage flyovers. The central structure has a solid spike reaching straight to the top of the skybox. Everything is made of lihzahrd bricks, though there's a surface carpet of jungle between the bases and the central hill. I plan on adding a bunch of smaller ruined buildings in those spaces. The idea is that I'll box the entire area in with lihzahrd bricks, then give each team a chest full of supplies (stone, wood, rope, bombs, etc.) for a KAG-esque feel; explosives can be used freely without breaking the actual arena, and players can build their own structures while destroying enemy ones.

Of course that would necessitate reloading the map from a backup for each new match, but I think it might be worth it. Once I have a more complete version I'll post a download link for it.

Basically the idea is to have sniping locations both in the bases and in the outside part of the central structure for ranged players/mages with beam weapons, give the fliers/cone of effect fighters a wide open area to dogfight in, while preventing either from completely dominating by forcing everyone to funnel through an area dominated by melee, explosives, wall-piercers, and rebounding shots. I placed the traps to discourage camping as much as possible.

Basically I wanted to have a very short list of banned items: picksaws, tools/blocks that interact with wires, and... that's it.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10174 on: October 06, 2013, 05:14:23 pm »

I'd allow wires, actually, that could be a lot of fun.  Just forbid certain colors of wire from being used.  In fact, make stage wiring be green and team wires be red/blue.  Though really I'm not sure what stage wiring you'd put...

Yeah, with wirecutters then it becomes an issue, hmm...

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10175 on: October 06, 2013, 05:15:42 pm »

Well, I'm personally used to the concept of starting from scratch with a spawn house for each team and a chest with the gem buried underground.

But w/e, premade CtG could be fun, too.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10176 on: October 06, 2013, 05:43:42 pm »

Spoiler: fun with webbing (click to show/hide)
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10177 on: October 06, 2013, 05:45:30 pm »

IS THAT A CANNON
Black lives matter.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10178 on: October 06, 2013, 05:50:34 pm »

IS THAT A CANNON

the pirate sells it i think.

got max health upgraded to 260, blood moons are less annoying now that my base is above ground, first goblin army approaching,  got raped by a nymph while spelunking in an ice cave, got the arms dealer and the party girl and the eye should appear eventually....i hope this zombie arm and the musket are enough to kill it. oh, broke my first shadow orb too. no meteor yet.....

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10179 on: October 06, 2013, 06:04:01 pm »

Forsaken is hosting Day 1 Hardmode (Mediumcore recommended but not mandatory) challenge serve in a bit! Come, join us, die a lot!

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10180 on: October 06, 2013, 06:14:47 pm »

died 2 times but the goblin army has been defeated, dropped a harpoon  :D

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10181 on: October 06, 2013, 06:18:02 pm »

Forsaken is hosting Day 1 Hardmode (Mediumcore recommended but not mandatory) challenge serve in a bit! Come, join us, die a lot!
Ooh, sounds like fun!

e: IP/PW?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 06:20:36 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10182 on: October 06, 2013, 06:21:12 pm »

Finally beat the Eye, because this time I used a musket. Gots me a Heavy Lights Bane :33
Also, over the course of a single character, I have made three different staffs: Topaz, Amethyst, and Ruby in that order.
Black lives matter.

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10183 on: October 06, 2013, 06:25:46 pm »

Ip/Pw for me as well, unless it is the same as the other server you are hosting.  will be a sotcore character because I dislike loosing everything for dying once and having very low chance of recovering it

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10184 on: October 06, 2013, 07:06:51 pm »

Finally beat the Eye, because this time I used a musket. Gots me a Heavy Lights Bane :33
Also, over the course of a single character, I have made three different staffs: Topaz, Amethyst, and Ruby in that order.

Honestly the easiest way to beat the eye is just with shrukens, unless they been nerfed.
Pages: 1 ... 677 678 [679] 680 681 ... 887