Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 670 671 [672] 673 674 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1309204 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.2 now out!
« Reply #10065 on: October 06, 2013, 04:34:47 am »

I think all wings, except for those easy ones like angel and demon, have better flight. Pixie and leaf wings are probably in the worse category but make up for it with light and easy obtainability respectively.

Actually the Ghost wings are perhaps the easiest wings to make. I mean have you seen how often ectoplasm drops compared to moth wings and giant feathers? It's not even funny.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 04:43:09 am by Darvi »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10066 on: October 06, 2013, 05:44:55 am »

I think all wings, except for those easy ones like angel and demon, have better flight. Pixie and leaf wings are probably in the worse category but make up for it with light and easy obtainability respectively.

Actually the Ghost wings are perhaps the easiest wings to make. I mean have you seen how often ectoplasm drops compared to moth wings and giant feathers? It's not even funny.
I got a giant feather (typoed as "Giant Harpey Feather", which invokes an image of a giant feathered harp) from basically just passing through a pre-hardmode sky island. I was just dismantling the sunplate for later construction and fighting off harpies. So maybe not always as rare. :P
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10067 on: October 06, 2013, 05:46:08 am »

Maybe you got lucky, or I'm just unlucky. I've been camping the islands for hours just to get the kicks out of two-shotting Falcor.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10068 on: October 06, 2013, 05:56:49 am »

Probably just lucky. :P

I've still to experience hardmode, by the way, but I'm taking some preparatory steps against the things I've heard. Like that aforementioned floating ship in an iceberg, to escape corruption. There's not a whole lot of ice just yet, but that's just the tip of the iceberg, so to speak. Just finished the NPC apartments. Some apartments are better than others. And yes, the guide gets to live in the igloo.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10069 on: October 06, 2013, 06:56:35 am »

I recommend getting Night's Edge and your best ranged weapon above everything else.

After that, as long as you have a full set of molten everything, you're basically as prepared as you can get. No amount of base building can save you from the current hardmode. There are a hell of a lot of things that just ignore doors and walls. Every blood moon, expect to lose a few NPCs unless you run to someplace where there aren't any.

Not to mention, I think you'll be in for a nasty surprise on your ship. Something extremely annoying lives in the sky in hardmode.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10070 on: October 06, 2013, 06:57:53 am »

Bah, Harpies aren't that annoying once you're inside your walls.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10071 on: October 06, 2013, 06:59:16 am »

All you people with amazing imagination and the ability to not only design such - if not complex, then consistent-in-theme - homes but apply a helpful dose of creativity to realize them can get out.

/bitter

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10072 on: October 06, 2013, 07:00:09 am »

Bah, Harpies aren't that annoying once you're inside your walls.
Not harpies mate. :P

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10073 on: October 06, 2013, 07:03:11 am »

There's nothing else annoying* up there though.

*YMMV

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10074 on: October 06, 2013, 07:10:24 am »

I'm not going to spoil it haha.

----

I finished my teleportation grid! I no longer have to run anywhere on my large map! Joyous times! It took me 6 hours to complete the grid holy crap.

When I started building it, I only had molten gear and night's edge. Now after I've finished, I have full hallow equipment. I went from constantly dying every 5 minutes to the hallow and corruption to completely ignoring everything.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10075 on: October 06, 2013, 07:17:45 am »

You have to get adamantite / titanium armour ASAP. So, first, break as many altars as possible (you're gonna die a lot doing this). After that, start scouring the underground with spelunking potions or a keen eye and mine out all the hardmode ores you can find. Avoid the hallow parts of the underground as you will get slaughtered.

Once you manage to get the adamantite / titanium armour, you'll find things are a lot more manageable.

I really don't recommend going anywhere near the jungle without it. I also don't recommend trying to fight any of the hardmode bosses without it either. It's a complete waste of time.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10076 on: October 06, 2013, 07:20:26 am »

It is suggested to kill a couple hardmode bosses after you got titanium/adamantium gear. That gives you meterials for a Pickaxe Axe(sic) or a Drax, which you need for the next gear tier.

Alternatively, go into the dungeon to farm the materials for a diffferent pickaxe, but you're probably not gonna survive that.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 07:22:31 am by Darvi »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10077 on: October 06, 2013, 08:03:31 am »

Though if you do go into the dungeon... I might recommend going deep rather than staying up top. Ragged casters are quite possible the nastiest thing in there (frankly, in the whole bloody game. Paladins have an incredibly easy trick to them if you can manage to set it up right.) right now, and they stop spawning part way in. You get diabolists instead, who are their own brand of nasty, but it's a lot easier to avoid their attacks and get out of them if you do get hit. Plus no uberdarkness debuff. Plus they (very occasionally) drop inferno forks which are totes one of the best magic weapons in the game :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10078 on: October 06, 2013, 08:04:17 am »

I recommend getting Night's Edge and your best ranged weapon above everything else.

After that, as long as you have a full set of molten everything, you're basically as prepared as you can get. No amount of base building can save you from the current hardmode. There are a hell of a lot of things that just ignore doors and walls. Every blood moon, expect to lose a few NPCs unless you run to someplace where there aren't any.

Not to mention, I think you'll be in for a nasty surprise on your ship. Something extremely annoying lives in the sky in hardmode.
As long at it chases me instead of going for NPCs specifically, I have a handy launch platform that will take me to a nearby sky island where I can fight it. And I'm already avoiding the ship on blood moons, hehe. I have just about every mobility item so far short of the anklet of the wind and wings - no matter how fast it flies I should be able to dodge. Its high health is a problem, but.. eh. So long as I avoid getting hit...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #10079 on: October 06, 2013, 08:08:41 am »

Alright. In my singleplayer run for 1.2 I'm at the point where I can reliably kill EoW. Woo

Demonite armor, waterbolt, phaseblade, vilethorn. Think I can take skeletron? (220 hp, 220 mana)
Pages: 1 ... 670 671 [672] 673 674 ... 887