Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 660 661 [662] 663 664 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1309329 times)

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.2 now out!
« Reply #9915 on: October 04, 2013, 09:23:13 am »

is there anything to do with pressure plates besides use for traps? i see some wires and pumps, but not sure how far you can go with this.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #9916 on: October 04, 2013, 09:33:45 am »

Do flaregun flares ever burn out? Because it's a great weapon against the Brain, as I've found.. and now the landscape is kinda littered with fire.

Also, I found a snowball cannon. My favorite silly item so far, at least because you're never going to run out of ammo even if you try - plus it's automatic with a huge knockback.

In other news, I am definitely liking the variety in materials for construction. Even the basic shadewood and rich mahogany are enough to spice up otherwise similar environments. Items not being mere recolors (with exceptions) is a good bonus too.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9917 on: October 04, 2013, 09:34:08 am »

You can make automatic lights that turn on and off when you enter and leave a room.

And the flares, while long lasting, aren't eternal. I kinda like it that way, you don't have to shoot them again when you go back but they won't be messing up the entire ecosphere forever.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9918 on: October 04, 2013, 09:44:17 am »

Now that I've had some time to put some good time into playing, I'm really enjoying 1.2. The world somehow seems far more whimsical than before; I've seen goldfish "walking" around looking for a pond, a dozen different varieties of zombies (one of which dropped a rain coat), flying fish, and umbrella-wielding slimes.

Ropes are amazing for spelunking, by the way.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9919 on: October 04, 2013, 10:49:48 am »

is there anything to do with pressure plates besides use for traps? i see some wires and pumps, but not sure how far you can go with this.

You can wire it to certain statues and they'll spawn either a creature, or a heart/star, depending on type.

EDIT: I just found a Web Slinger.

Spider-man, spider-man, does whatever a spider can...
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 10:52:48 am by Sergius »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9920 on: October 04, 2013, 10:56:51 am »

Nice! What'd it drop from?

On an unrelated note, Pirahna Gun seems like it'd be incredibly annoying in PVP. Going to have to test it out.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9921 on: October 04, 2013, 11:07:35 am »

Slime blocks are really fun to play with.  Slime generators and building materials can result in some -weird- options for construction.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9922 on: October 04, 2013, 11:13:38 am »

Nice! What'd it drop from?

They're found in web-covered chests in spider caves. They also have a shorter range than other grappling hooks.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9923 on: October 04, 2013, 11:17:51 am »

I found a web slinger in single player.

Basically, grapple with 8 ropes. Beats the ivy whip by a long shot!

8 SHORT ropes. Ivy has a longer reach.

ARGH. That damn wyvern is just eating me up and I doubled my defense.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 11:33:40 am by BigD145 »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9924 on: October 04, 2013, 11:49:27 am »

You can wire it to certain statues and they'll spawn either a creature, or a heart/star, depending on type.
Also bombs or lesser health potions~

Get a timer going and it's good times all around.

E: Incidentally, if any forsaken server folks have a bezoar or medicated bandage they feel like offloading, I'd be willing to cough up the 20 plat I found laying on the ground for it >_>
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 11:52:29 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9925 on: October 04, 2013, 12:03:57 pm »

Finally killed a Wyvern. It seems easier in low G with rocket boots. You're all floaty but a bit more maneuverable. You can rise out of the way faster. You always have the option to fall and go about as fast as the wyvern, making it a "sitting duck" of sorts.

What's annoying is that my mouse won't always find Terraria so I can use extra mouse buttons.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9926 on: October 04, 2013, 12:41:24 pm »

So, The Twins can now be randomly spawned in hardmode, as can the Destroyer. That's a thing that is a thing.

In other news, the Clothier sells Tiaras and Princess Dresses at night I think. I was a pretty pretty princess for a Destroyer fight with my friend and then I decided that familiar clothes and top hat is a better idea.

EDIT: Fire Feather drops from Red Devils in hardmode Hell. Thought I'd make a note here.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 12:53:40 pm by Baneling »
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9927 on: October 04, 2013, 12:56:20 pm »

Reforging wings..... ugh. 20 gold baseline.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9928 on: October 04, 2013, 01:01:49 pm »

Hey guys I've not read the topic, and the only time I played the game was closer to the release date (someone gave it to me but I was interested in other games at the time.)

Anyways, back then I kinda cheated to get some of the stuff because I was lazy, generating a map of the world and then going to get stuff I wanted. Now that I'm not cheating I'm finding it is unusually easy to find tons of iron, silver, gold, and even those life heart things. Did they make them more frequent or something? I know I seem to be running into more expansive caverns that lead to interesting things.

I've found like 4 life crystal heart things in my main world, and in the small world I made just to get tungsten ore I dug straight down from the spawn point and came across a fifth fairly easily...

I have not even fought any of the bosses, I don't really know how the game 'progresses' or what to do first =o

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9929 on: October 04, 2013, 01:05:32 pm »

Get out of here and play the game.
Pages: 1 ... 660 661 [662] 663 664 ... 887