Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 653 654 [655] 656 657 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1309411 times)

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.2 now out!
« Reply #9810 on: October 02, 2013, 06:43:06 pm »

Clay pot dupe exploit?  Sure, I'll take a hundred thousand or so. 

Sell price is only 20 copper per, but hey, free money.  1 plat per 50,000 pots.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #9811 on: October 02, 2013, 06:46:10 pm »

Clay pot dupe exploit?  Sure, I'll take a hundred thousand or so. 

Sell price is only 20 copper per, but hey, free money.  1 plat per 50,000 pots.
Seems there are a bunch of duping exploits. I still don't see the point in using them though.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #9812 on: October 02, 2013, 06:48:24 pm »

Yeah, it's considerably more expedient to just get an inventory editor.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9813 on: October 02, 2013, 07:03:21 pm »

a spear that does 60 damage, leaves particles that do damage... why is this in a store for 40 gold?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9814 on: October 02, 2013, 07:06:30 pm »

I'm coming to understand that the "over 400 new items" has turned out to be remodeled and differently colored stuff. At least tell me that there are completely original new bosses.

Yes, it has suffered from Mincraft-ism. Lots of recolors. There are some neat things like spiders, but otherwise it's "you get lead or iron in your world and they're identical except for color. So far the new NPC's are worthless. I don't want a bubble machine or dye. Lategame stuff is different, I guess?
Yes, there are a lot of recolors. There is also a great deal of new stuff. For example, I am running around with a boomstick and a blood rain cloud maker, an accessory that lets me climb walls, and one that makes me run faster when I get hit. I've found a massive temple. Its fairly impressive to me, at least. Oh, and a thing that lets me make trees and leaves.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9815 on: October 02, 2013, 07:14:40 pm »

I'm personally not even doing a lot of exploring of my world just yet to find much of the new stuff, I've mainly been hanging around the surface strip mining snow so I can work on my base/castle.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 07:27:59 pm by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9816 on: October 02, 2013, 08:32:25 pm »

Umm... I found this Green Chest in the dungeon, and it requires a key I've never heard of before. Anyone know what that's about?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9817 on: October 02, 2013, 08:38:29 pm »

It likely requires some sort of jungle key, as I've found what appears to be a frozen chest and some form of crimson chest as well, both requiring keys.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9818 on: October 02, 2013, 08:55:19 pm »

Alrighty. Carl, BlueJello, Metalax, and myself killed Plantera tonight. We're planning on getting on tomorrow night so Carl can use the key on a temple in one of his SP worlds, and we're going to split the loot evenly. Until then I'm going to search around for the server jungle dungeon and see if I can find it. If I do I'll set everything aside until we're all on to divide it.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9819 on: October 02, 2013, 09:11:22 pm »

a spear that does 60 damage, leaves particles that do damage... why is this in a store for 40 gold?
So that worthless scrubs like me can instantly jump to being able to handle hardmode due to a lucky plat coin silt drop.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9820 on: October 02, 2013, 09:32:31 pm »

... don't suppose the crimson server's still pre-hardmode?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9821 on: October 02, 2013, 09:35:04 pm »

Oh, it is. Very nice for harvesting without the fear of being ripped asunder.

There was talk of it being rotated out as a harvest server, though, so I wouldn't recommend building too much.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9822 on: October 02, 2013, 09:46:44 pm »

Eh. If the server rules were thrown out, I guess I'll just swap my guy's junk out with the old character. Least that way everything and its little spawnling won't murder me outright.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9823 on: October 02, 2013, 10:29:15 pm »

One of the first chests I opened had climbing claws in them. A few chests later, I found shoe spikes. The combo is pretty handy in caves.

Anyway, it's not listed on the wiki, but the spikes seem to grant increased run speed like hermes boots.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9824 on: October 02, 2013, 10:31:53 pm »

What do the spiked boots do?
Pages: 1 ... 653 654 [655] 656 657 ... 887