Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 635 636 [637] 638 639 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1309557 times)

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.2 coming out on October 1st
« Reply #9540 on: September 30, 2013, 02:51:53 pm »

Double chest sizes! Yeeeaaahhhhhhh!
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9541 on: September 30, 2013, 03:00:03 pm »

Spoilers?
I ain't afraid of no stinkin' SPOILERS!

I seriously don't. Though to be fair I won't spoil the fun for people who are more cautious about those, but let's just say that...
This looks bloody muthurfecking awesome. And I don't say that often.

(I actually do, but I never admit it. Not publicly, anyway.)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #9542 on: September 30, 2013, 03:08:22 pm »

You can now paint any solid tile or item

Holy hell that's awesome. I mean there is a lot of awesome, but... that by itself opens up so many options for decoration.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9543 on: September 30, 2013, 03:23:40 pm »

I needed a good game in-between kind of stale Minecraft, awaiting for Starbound and of course the new Dwarf Fortress release.
Yes, Minecraft has gone stale, even with the new worldgen stuff.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9544 on: September 30, 2013, 03:39:17 pm »

Lots of world probabilities during generation are on that list.  "Your world has a chance to..." sounds like it's going to be interesting.  Or a mandate to gen dozens of small worlds in succession. 

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9545 on: September 30, 2013, 03:48:28 pm »

Lots of world probabilities during generation are on that list.  "Your world has a chance to..." sounds like it's going to be interesting.  Or a mandate to gen dozens of small worlds in succession.

It's Dwarf Fortress all over again!
(almost)

Well, I have a tendency to just go on a genning spree from time to time and then ditch the worlds and never delete them. :-/
(in DF, that is)

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9546 on: September 30, 2013, 03:49:33 pm »

i picked this up over the weekend and played it a bit. my starter pick was called a 'demonic' pickaxe and got some bonuses. from what i read you get random bonuses to some of your newly created characters equipment.

can you add bonuses to eq?

how do i make sure i have a proper house? its closed with doors and a table and chair. i can't figure out what im doing wrong.

so far i have had to go to different worlds to get enough iron/copper to do anything. i finally made my first copper broadsword. when i go too far above ground i hit stuff i can't fight. so i can't wander far. not sure if i should wander underground from the start. i do a bit when i see jugs/chests. i have torches, but it would be rather difficult to immediately click to place torch and fight. i dont have any eq that provides light yet (assuming this exists, but have  not dug into the wiki yet to see, so all i have are glowsticks and torches)

been watching a few of 'heros' lets play videos.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9547 on: September 30, 2013, 03:50:41 pm »

It might actually mean the server restrictions makes a "One character one server" unviable.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9548 on: September 30, 2013, 04:07:37 pm »

Wow. The single greatest change:
Character slots have been increased to 1,000
World slots have been increased to 1,000

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9549 on: September 30, 2013, 04:10:12 pm »

i picked this up over the weekend and played it a bit. my starter pick was called a 'demonic' pickaxe and got some bonuses. from what i read you get random bonuses to some of your newly created characters equipment.

can you add bonuses to eq?

how do i make sure i have a proper house? its closed with doors and a table and chair. i can't figure out what im doing wrong.

so far i have had to go to different worlds to get enough iron/copper to do anything. i finally made my first copper broadsword. when i go too far above ground i hit stuff i can't fight. so i can't wander far. not sure if i should wander underground from the start. i do a bit when i see jugs/chests. i have torches, but it would be rather difficult to immediately click to place torch and fight. i dont have any eq that provides light yet (assuming this exists, but have  not dug into the wiki yet to see, so all i have are glowsticks and torches)

been watching a few of 'heros' lets play videos.
1. Certain weapons, equipment, and accessories get adjectives, like "Demonic", that grant various boosts.  You can't control what adjectives you get directly, but with the help of a specific NPC, you can Reforge an item to get a new adjective.  That's the only way to alter the bonuses (or penalties) you receive on an item. 

2. Did you build back walls?  Did you add lights?  This is a very simple overview of houses, which may also help if you look over the requirements and compare them to what you have. 

3. It's perfectly fine to head underground as well from the start; it's the easiest way to get the ores you're looking for.  There are items that give off light (potions, weapons, and armor), but you can just plant torches as you walk; you don't need to wait for an enemy before you drop a torch.  This also lets you see where you've been before.  As you go deeper, you'll run into more dangerous enemies, but even a wooden broadsword should be enough for the higher areas.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9550 on: September 30, 2013, 04:37:44 pm »

Ores? UNDERGROUND?! Nooooooooooo...

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9551 on: September 30, 2013, 04:41:57 pm »

Protip: If you hold Shift it'll use an appropriate tool automatically.  If you're mousing over air, it'll make you hold a torch, or if you're underwater, then a glowstick - even if it's not on your hotbar!  If you're mousing over a block, it'll auto-use the drill, axe, or hammer depending on material.  Using this, I just keep my gun/sword ready, and hold shift to start using tools.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #9552 on: September 30, 2013, 04:45:56 pm »

Also if you have both torches and glowsticks, move the cursor farther away from you while holding shift to get a glowstick out (for throwing) or closer for a torch

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9553 on: September 30, 2013, 05:09:43 pm »

Clowns will no longer blow up tiles
  :o

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #9554 on: September 30, 2013, 05:22:41 pm »

I'm making a singleplayer world to prep for tomorrow. It will be my 'home base' and I'll store all my pre 1.2 stuff there for later.
Pages: 1 ... 635 636 [637] 638 639 ... 887