Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 600 601 [602] 603 604 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1309946 times)

Detrevni|inverteD

• Bay Watcher
  • Sometimes you have to step back to appreciate art.
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.1 released!
« Reply #9015 on: December 17, 2012, 01:26:54 pm »

Are there any servers going for Terraria at the moment? I'd love to play this with some Bay12 dudes c:

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #9016 on: December 18, 2012, 03:16:33 pm »

Man, Redwarrior has been hosting a Day1 hard mode map, and it's super fun. Enemies are actually kind-of-dangerous instead of merely-annoying, and that seems to make all the difference in the world for enjoyability!

That sounds... pretty fun, actually.  I've never played MP, I have little interest, but that sounds like a good reason for players to stay together for survival.

Maybe I'll gen myself a new character and world, edit it into hardmode, and spot myself a Godly Flamethrower. 

Why not Unreal or Mythical?  Because +speed would make it consume 2 gel per attack instead of 1, and velocity and knockback don't really matter for the flamethrower.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9017 on: December 18, 2012, 03:48:12 pm »

If you edit into hardmode, remember that you have to place hallow manually.

MrPseeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9018 on: January 24, 2013, 01:11:21 pm »

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9020 on: January 24, 2013, 02:04:37 pm »

I'm just bumping this because there might be news...

<jaded>
Maybe we'll get 1/3 of what was promised before the "eh, I quit" announcement.
</jaded>
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9021 on: January 24, 2013, 02:31:55 pm »

Then let us make him promise billions of things, so we at least get millions.

In seriousness, just making modding tools would be great.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9022 on: January 24, 2013, 03:16:23 pm »

I'll be excited when he actually does something. From the days of "I'll quit updating when people quit asking for things" to "Meh, cashing out", I question his motivation. Is it because Terraria has continued to sell and he feels like he should do something? Is he just bored and looking for something to do that isn't a new game, now that's he had a ton of time to spend with his family? Did he suddenly rediscover the passion that made him make the game in the first place?

Whatever his motivation is, I'm not counting any chickens until they've hatched.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #9023 on: January 24, 2013, 03:30:14 pm »

Am I the only one who feels like he got his money's worth from Terraria? I spent many many hours with it. More than some AAA titles which cost more.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9024 on: January 24, 2013, 03:37:42 pm »

Am I the only one who feels like he got his money's worth from Terraria? I spent many many hours with it. More than some AAA titles which cost more.

I did get my money's worth. I just don't like when devs sell me a vision of "I'll be with this game for a long long time!" and then the game I ended up with got 6 months worth of updates before the dev abruptly changed their tune. So yeah, I got my money's worth out of Terraria. I also haven't touched it months and months and months because there's nothing left to do for me, having built at least 3 garden worlds and done hard mode, yadda yadda.

If Red hadn't outright said he was going to stay with the game, I probably wouldn't be bothered by what happened to the degree I am.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #9025 on: January 24, 2013, 03:38:51 pm »

I could start up a hardcore server with hard mode on from the start. That might be a challenge. :P

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9026 on: January 24, 2013, 04:24:34 pm »

I did get my money's worth. I just don't like when devs sell me a vision of "I'll be with this game for a long long time!" and then the game I ended up with got 6 months worth of updates before the dev abruptly changed their tune. So yeah, I got my money's worth out of Terraria. I also haven't touched it months and months and months because there's nothing left to do for me, having built at least 3 garden worlds and done hard mode, yadda yadda.

If Red hadn't outright said he was going to stay with the game, I probably wouldn't be bothered by what happened to the degree I am.
Thats exactly why the player went volatile, not because they are entitled blablabla but because we were ALL told that he would stay and improve, improve, improve, add, add, add and he wasnt done with the game, then out of the blue BAM he is out. Its more because he literaly abandoned us because we all believed what he said. and then oil on fire, the game gets an update but not to the player he already abandoned, making us feel even MORE abandoned. Well i dont know if i managed to get when im thinking out correctly due to language barrier but i think you get the point.

Dont get me wrong, i love terraria but after a while, it get boring without content update because, to be honest there is not much content, feel like a bit more minecraft vanilla but thats about it. Open the game up to modding properly and this game will keep on living like minecraft does.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9027 on: January 24, 2013, 04:38:26 pm »

I could start up a hardcore server with hard mode on from the start. That might be a challenge. :P

I would play this :D mediumcore though, hardcore would not be funny :p

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9028 on: January 24, 2013, 05:14:17 pm »

Woohoo... news about how maybe someday there will be news...

Anyway, anyone tried this game? http://www.epicinventor.com/

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9029 on: January 25, 2013, 12:14:55 pm »

I thought Terraria was written in a language (XNA?) that's really easily ported to Xbox. All it would've needed was a bit of tweaking to hit that market, yes? You'd be a fool not to take advantage of that.
This, IIRC. I believe XNA was developed by Microsoft to easily make both PC and Xbox games.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 600 601 [602] 603 604 ... 887