Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 595 596 [597] 598 599 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1309992 times)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.1 released!
« Reply #8940 on: September 12, 2012, 02:44:32 am »

Why I am also a bit disappointed with developers/development of Terraria is the same reason many others pointed out - the game could be so much more. Not saying that it is not fun or that you don't get a lot of content for 10€ (or 1,49€ in my case, hehe). But personally I think Terraria is a game where imagination can really run wild - both on player AND developer's side. I mean, they could just continue to add stuff - space setting, expanded underwater setting, parallel dimension,...you name it.

Then again, there are people who found 1.1 to be stretching things to much already so yeah, it's a quality vs. quantity situation.

But I still think Terraria is a game that should offer quantity and players would be the one who'd provide quality.

That being said - I'll go check the server. I guess it's time to start building my floating asteroid home. I only later remembered that obsidian would be best for outer shell (meteorite being just to valuable), but ok, I'll go for rough rock now.
You could make a meteorite farm it pretty easy
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #8941 on: September 12, 2012, 04:17:51 am »

But doesn't the meteorite land just when shadow orb is crushed? And the number of orbs is limited?

Neonivek: hey, I do not think Terraria's bosses are GREAT. But I do think they do their job just fine and are generally fun enough to raid and not really all that terrible.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Calech

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8942 on: September 12, 2012, 04:24:43 am »

But doesn't the meteorite land just when shadow orb is crushed? And the number of orbs is limited?

Neonivek: hey, I do not think Terraria's bosses are GREAT. But I do think they do their job just fine and are generally fun enough to raid and not really all that terrible.

As I recall, a meteorite farm is where you have 50 blocks of Meteorite placed and kill the Meteor Heads that spawn - they have a chance to drop Meteorite so you can get a (theoretically) unlimited quantity of Meteorite once you have 50 blocks of it.

Note that 'chance' does not however mean 'good chance'. :)

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8943 on: September 12, 2012, 04:33:59 am »

Oh. I see. I don't remember ever bothering with meteorite heads much so I probably never even noticed they drop meteorite. Or maybe it's that 2% of a chance actually drop it.

Or maybe I just forgot. Thanks anyways!
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8944 on: September 12, 2012, 04:45:25 am »

Meteor Heads that spawn in the Underground Hallow and Underground Corruption will spawn in great number and drop Souls of Light and Souls of Night respectively.
Also that
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8945 on: September 12, 2012, 05:26:42 am »

Ah, EoW was defeated at least 3 times (by same person, damn) since I joined the server, but we are not in hardmode yet. Which is good, since I stubbornly refuse to acquire armor from public armory and thus I'm still running around with no armor whatsoever. :P

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8946 on: September 12, 2012, 07:46:43 am »

Wait, there are people who /don't/ think the boss design in Terrarria sucks!? o_O

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8947 on: September 12, 2012, 07:55:32 am »

The darker green can be grassy dirt, while the lighter green can be dungeon brick?

Well, yeah, that should work.

Most of the design is, as you can see, clay and hellstone bricks, I better start farming :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #8948 on: September 12, 2012, 07:57:43 am »

You may want to put lighting in there somewhere or the whole thing will just be dark.

Might be better to make this on a minecraft server. :D

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8949 on: September 12, 2012, 08:08:29 am »

You may want to put lighting in there somewhere or the whole thing will just be dark.

Might be better to make this on a minecraft server. :D

There are empty spaces all around and in that boss (black color) :P It won't really need any lighting.

Minecraft is 3D, not 2D like La-Mulana :P
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8950 on: September 12, 2012, 08:12:15 am »

Wait, there are people who /don't/ think the boss design in Terrarria sucks!? o_O

Terraria bosses were much better than those in Deus Ex: Human Revolution. In fact, they were better than many games I have played and I couldn't really think of better bosses for this style of game. If you can, get to modding because I will happily play that.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #8951 on: September 12, 2012, 08:14:10 am »

Yeah, Terraria bosses can't be stunlocked to death with a weapon you get in the first half hour of gameplay.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8952 on: September 12, 2012, 09:50:47 am »

If anyone has spare hellbricks (or materials to make them) and clay (suddenly, no clay around? O.o), I would appreciate if you donate them to Palenque project, which is already underway C:
SigFlags!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #8953 on: September 12, 2012, 09:55:50 am »

If anyone has spare hellbricks (or materials to make them) and clay (suddenly, no clay around? O.o), I would appreciate if you donate them to Palenque project, which is already underway C:
I'd suggest you post where the construction site is and place a small building with several donations chests inside as well as examples of each block you need.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8954 on: September 12, 2012, 10:06:39 am »

If you look at the pic, it's not that much of bricks :P

Honestly 2/3 of the project is clay brick. Then, hellstone brick and gold brick (I have a supply of the latter).

Also the project is just above Dave's house, which is past my house, which in turn is west of spawn. A ladder leads up to construction site.
SigFlags!
Pages: 1 ... 595 596 [597] 598 599 ... 887