Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 586 587 [588] 589 590 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1310067 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.1 released!
« Reply #8805 on: May 27, 2012, 04:55:59 pm »

I actually did it without an arena, in iron, ends up the trick is to play offensively. Don't really try to dodge him, just keep hammering on him

Out of everything I have EVER heard about Terraria... This has to be the most terrible thing I have ever heard about Terraria.

It truely breaks a game when you realise that strategy is pointless.

Terraria is horrible... It truely is. Is terraria Bad? Who knows... but Wow... that is just a game destroying statement.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 04:58:23 pm by Neonivek »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8806 on: May 27, 2012, 05:40:17 pm »

Oh yes, I know.  :)

But yeah, that was what I was getting at: there isn't really much to do but grind to the endgame*, and once you're there...

*Unless you're the unknown terrorist of Kael's server:P

You still remember that? The one where we spent hours just trying to disarm and figure out where the guy was stashing his stuff?

I still remember falling into some of the potholes.
And then there was that one time I gathered everyone together to blow up an ebonstone chasm. I used all of the dynamite in existance to get that thing rigged.

And my giant, golden dongtower.  ::)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8807 on: May 27, 2012, 06:01:24 pm »

I actually did it without an arena, in iron, ends up the trick is to play offensively. Don't really try to dodge him, just keep hammering on him

Out of everything I have EVER heard about Terraria... This has to be the most terrible thing I have ever heard about Terraria.

It truely breaks a game when you realise that strategy is pointless.

Terraria is horrible... It truely is. Is terraria Bad? Who knows... but Wow... that is just a game destroying statement.
You know that old phrase, "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"? Yeah.

The Eater of Worlds is probably the easiest boss in the game, and the proper weapons will annihilate it. Try fighting Skeletron or the hard mode bosses without strategy.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8808 on: May 27, 2012, 06:08:25 pm »

Well, for one, you can't just smash the wrong hardmode eye boss, lest you risk playing around in greater, hotter fire.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #8809 on: May 27, 2012, 08:02:31 pm »

Yeah, you really can't do that with any of the other bosses, because the hardmode bosses and skeletron will SHRED you, and EoC is always out of melee range, so heavy damage is kind've hard to pull off at the time you're fighting him. Eater of worlds is the only one you can do that with. Because if you try to dodge him he can and will outlast you because he has 150 hp times.... I think it's like 50 or something? That's a ton of HP to eat through if you're not just going nuts on him.

He's designed to be torn apart as opposed to outlasted and I feel that's acceptable and a nice little feint. One of my favorite bosses in the game in fact.

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8810 on: May 30, 2012, 03:06:52 pm »

Is there no bay12 server?

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8811 on: May 30, 2012, 05:47:32 pm »

PM forsaken1111 about it. There WAS one before that, but life happened to the owner.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8812 on: May 31, 2012, 12:38:31 am »

You know that old phrase, "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"? Yeah

Generally speaking I apply that only to manners. A lot of people take waaaay too much offense to someone saying bad things about something they even mildly like.

What I especially hate about that is how much community hype can even work on me. I've bought things I regretted simply because the community involved super love it and drown out any dissent.

Though my issue right now is people are really starting to harp on the fact that generally speaking I seldom give out compliments unless asked but I'll readily voice up anything I dislike. To the point where the current trend people are taking is now just to assume I hate it (Terraria I am still unsure of, I think the major barrier is that I really don't have any strong online play so far. Some games can be saved purely from playing online with good friends). >_<

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #8813 on: May 31, 2012, 12:42:05 am »

(Terraria I am still unsure of, I think the major barrier is that I really don't have any strong online play so far. Some games can be saved purely from playing online with good friends). >_<

I don't think I could enjoy Terraria single player.  The only times I played it by myself were to do things for the sake of playing with others later.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8814 on: May 31, 2012, 12:58:56 am »

I play one round of singleplayer, then I mess around online. Then I try to play another round singleplayer but it's really boring and usually I stop after Shadow armor. Then my friends and I try to play fresh starts together but we can never beat the Eye because one person has to go and everyone else logs out because we don't want to rush ahead of the missing person and then we never go on again.

yes I am still upset about forsaken's fresh start server
although it was also because someone decided to use my mine and take all the ores when I was sleeping, without permission, and leaving none for the owner of the mine aka me
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8815 on: May 31, 2012, 01:05:24 am »

I play one round of singleplayer, then I mess around online. Then I try to play another round singleplayer but it's really boring and usually I stop after Shadow armor. Then my friends and I try to play fresh starts together but we can never beat the Eye because one person has to go and everyone else logs out because we don't want to rush ahead of the missing person and then we never go on again.

yes I am still upset about forsaken's fresh start server
although it was also because someone decided to use my mine and take all the ores when I was sleeping, without permission, and leaving none for the owner of the mine aka me

Yeah the vast majority of my play time has been single player... and the only time I gone into multiplayer games no one there wanted to do anything (it was like playing single player... with other people around).

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8816 on: May 31, 2012, 04:47:39 am »

we should do some structured pvp. have people bring whatever items they want, divide everyone into two teams, give each team a half hour to build their base, and just fight. have the target as some hellstone blocks placed by the admin or something, and whoever destroys the other team's first wins.

or use a ctf mod

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8817 on: May 31, 2012, 05:26:45 am »

I just started a new singleplayer character. I made him look like a dark elf xD

Maybe I will make him a mage living in a tower. Or ninja.

Magic ninja!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8818 on: May 31, 2012, 05:33:50 am »

Getting started is annoyingly slow in SP.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #8819 on: May 31, 2012, 03:29:35 pm »

Yes it is, but I've always liked it irregardless. Then again I've always been an enormous fan of platformers, so that may have something to do with it. I can certainly understand why people don't like singleplayer though. I've always liked single player minecraft too, so I'm clearly the odd man out.  :P

With terraria at least, it gets a bit better once you get past the horrid early mining stage where you're just kinda sleepwalking through all the easy mobs and grinding up enough iron to get shadow plate.
Pages: 1 ... 586 587 [588] 589 590 ... 887