Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 584 585 [586] 587 588 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1310073 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Terraria - 1.1 released!
« Reply #8775 on: May 09, 2012, 04:11:03 pm »

A windows update killed it, it should be back up now

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8776 on: May 09, 2012, 04:13:56 pm »

Huzzah! Now to wait for hardmode some more!

Anyone need anything? Mana or such should be easy, though i'd given away the last of my hearts.

I've had nothing to do for ages. Maybe i'll add even more spikes to my house. I'm left with a handful of dart traps too, though adding them now is painful to say the least!
Everybody!

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8777 on: May 21, 2012, 02:45:42 am »

Any servers up? Preferably new? Pretty boring to play in a well-established server, honestly.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #8778 on: May 22, 2012, 01:32:00 am »

Same question. Any terraria servers up period? Or at least a hint at where to go to find one?

I'd host one, but last time I tried I was somehow getting heavy lag with only one friend, before he even managed to get logged on. The mere act of him connecting was choking the connection.

Fiskav

« Reply #8779 on: May 22, 2012, 05:21:26 am »

« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 12:55:06 am by Fiskav »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8780 on: May 22, 2012, 05:31:35 am »

It was bloody (heh) fun while it lasted, though.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #8781 on: May 22, 2012, 05:38:29 am »

My server should still be up, and I'm entirely willing to host new ones whenever you guys like. Its why I bought my server, after all.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #8782 on: May 23, 2012, 07:12:42 pm »

Ah, don't have the information for that one. I'll message yah about it.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8783 on: May 25, 2012, 05:31:26 pm »

Ironically, I'm playing for the first time since the 1.1 update. My new mage character just defeated Skeletron and looted the dungeon with full meteorite armor and a bunch of accessories that dramatically boost defense. I have a Cloud in a Bottle and an Obsidian Skull, both of which are +4 defense.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8784 on: May 25, 2012, 07:21:33 pm »

I'd be up for building random things in a game, if anyone set up a server.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #8785 on: May 25, 2012, 07:51:23 pm »

Ironically, I'm playing for the first time since the 1.1 update. My new mage character just defeated Skeletron and looted the dungeon with full meteorite armor and a bunch of accessories that dramatically boost defense. I have a Cloud in a Bottle and an Obsidian Skull, both of which are +4 defense.

Yeah, I recently restarted myself. I think it'll maintain replayability but unless the modding comunity just explodes suddenly or redigit restarts development, it's probably as far as it's gonna go.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8786 on: May 25, 2012, 08:27:42 pm »

To be honest, even if they hadn't cut off development, they'd written themselves into a corner.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #8787 on: May 25, 2012, 08:45:56 pm »

How do you figure? They had a lot of ideas that didn't involve cranking up the difficulty more then it already did. Farming, goblins actually existing on the map, seasons, factions, etc.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8788 on: May 25, 2012, 09:00:44 pm »

We got farming (to an extent); seasons are a fairly superficial 'flavor' addition, and factions would... what? Add more mid-tier stuff that gets trashed/ignored as soon as you hit HC mode? The non-construction game was always centered firmly on the endgame, and with HC mode they pretty much ran out of room for expansion. I'm not complaining, mind you-it was a good run-, but they couldn't really sustain much more growth in the endgame; what more was there to add?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #8789 on: May 25, 2012, 09:11:50 pm »

Oh yeah, I'm not trying to call you out or anything, just discussing. :P

But I feel right now, the transition from normal mode to hard mode takes a long time and is fairly empty. You spend hours mining enough stuff to make a decent armor set to fight a EoC with, get the dryad, kill the EoW five or so times, make a shadow set, then go back to mining. And that's fine, it's a mining/building game, it's to be expected, but making the world a bit more "alive" would do a lot for it, I feel, so you're not doing the same thing for the first four or five hours. I'll concede that there's not as much room for additions as I thought, though. The bit after miningfest '12 where the boss fights start is fairly fleshed out, it's just that initial point where you're just digging for hours on end. Finding a little dwarf town underground where you could trade copper bars for iron bars for instance would make the world feel more alive, and alleviate the hefty amount of ore searching you do early on.

And as a note, yeah, I'm very happy with how the game turned out, and it's still an excellent game, but I just feel that one patch of the game is a little unpolished. The fact that I'm still playing it, admittantly on and off, about a year after I bought it is all the positive press it needs I feel. :P
Pages: 1 ... 584 585 [586] 587 588 ... 887