Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 535 536 [537] 538 539 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1305403 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.1 released!
« Reply #8040 on: January 04, 2012, 08:35:05 pm »

I had a habit of getting my demoman killed until his name was Urist.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8041 on: January 04, 2012, 09:00:22 pm »

I had a Fikod once.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8042 on: January 04, 2012, 09:56:58 pm »

I just beat the WoF for the first time. I was crazy overprepared. I didn't even NEED my Phoenix Blaster or my Molten Fury. 1 Ironskin Potion, 1 Regen Potion, 1 Archery Potion, Demon Scythe, two Healing Potions and about 180 shots with the Star Cannon were plenty enough.
Also, I can confirm that it moves the way of the longest... way. Meaning that if you were in the left half when you dropped the doll, it moves from left to right and vice versa. It's probably so you don't get stuck when you summon it at the very edge.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8043 on: January 04, 2012, 10:28:09 pm »

Congratulations! Now go celebrate with ale.
On Wall spawns, I thought it spawned from the direction you were facing, so if you were facing left, it'd come at you from the left side. But that might lead to suckishness if you were on the very right end of the map and faced left so it'd crush you.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8044 on: January 04, 2012, 10:37:30 pm »

I just discovered that playing Hardmode on an old map is a really bad idea!
Why? Because Demon Altars are really freaking rare and there's no way in hell I can find enough of them to produce a decent amount of new ore.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8045 on: January 04, 2012, 10:43:09 pm »

Congratulations! Now go celebrate with ale.
On Wall spawns, I thought it spawned from the direction you were facing, so if you were facing left, it'd come at you from the left side. But that might lead to suckishness if you were on the very right end of the map and faced left so it'd crush you.

Wall spawns are based on your position, not the direction you face. Throwing a voodoo doll on the leftmost side will always summon the WoF on the left side.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8046 on: January 04, 2012, 10:46:07 pm »

Oh, I probably didn't know that because I didn't go all the way to either end except wait that shouldn't mean anything.

SCIENCE TIME: What happens when you throw it in directly under spawn? Does it come from a random direction?
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8047 on: January 04, 2012, 10:52:37 pm »

Oh, I probably didn't know that because I didn't go all the way to either end except wait that shouldn't mean anything.

SCIENCE TIME: What happens when you throw it in directly under spawn? Does it come from a random direction?
More importantly: Does the spawn direction depend on the player's position or the doll's position?
Anyway, I think it most likely rounds the x-position of the player to determine whether you're at the left or at the right of the center. And since all map sizes have an even width, this never hits exactly the center.
Now, if you're exactly in the middle of a medium map (I think; it might be large), your character's center is at exactly 3150.5. Rounding this and you get to 3151 which is to the right of the center, meaning the game registers you being closer to the right and the WoF will spawn from the right.

This is just guessing, but since it's impossible to stand exactly in the middle, it's hard to test.

Anyway, am I glad that I made a backup save of my map when it was in normal mode. Totally keeping the Laser Gun and the Hammer, though.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #8048 on: January 04, 2012, 11:23:52 pm »

Speaking of backup saves, where do I find my saves to back them up?

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8049 on: January 04, 2012, 11:25:53 pm »

youraccount/My Documents/My Games/Terraria. At least, that's where they are for me on Windows XP.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8050 on: January 05, 2012, 12:50:11 am »

Same place here on a 64-bit OS.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8051 on: January 05, 2012, 02:11:11 am »

I'm skipping silver and gold armor and making shadow armor.
Fighting the eye of cthulhu is easy when you craft a space gun after you've been gathering fallen stars for mana crystals, and your friend gives you a cobalt naginata.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8052 on: January 05, 2012, 02:14:49 am »

Gold and silver are skippable. Not so much in the past when you needed them for molten and jungle.

And your friend gave you overpowered-for-your-level stuff? CHEEEEAAAAAATEEEEERRRRRRR :P

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8053 on: January 05, 2012, 07:06:51 am »

Oh hey, another shadow orb!
*Crack*
ANOTHER DAMN DEMONIC BALL O' HURT?!
What did I do to anger you, corruption god?!
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8054 on: January 05, 2012, 07:08:19 am »

For one, you keep hitting his balls.
Pages: 1 ... 535 536 [537] 538 539 ... 887