Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 578 579 [580] 581 582 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1310138 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.1 released!
« Reply #8685 on: April 11, 2012, 10:16:19 pm »

Would the clown problem be solved by building the city a few blocks above the ground?

It will probably be fixed once they add town guards like they said they... ohh wait forgot... no more updates :P

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8686 on: April 11, 2012, 11:19:33 pm »

Would the clown problem be solved by building the city a few blocks above the ground?

It will probably be fixed once they add town guards like they said they... ohh wait forgot... no more updates :P

I just checked in the topic and saw this, and went on to read the posts by the devs on why they are stopping development on Terraria. So sad!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8687 on: April 12, 2012, 12:44:49 am »

IMO, it's much much better to build your town underground than above the ground, because if everyone's down in the caves, clowns don't spawn at all.

However, there's still the worm problem to take care of, so watch out if it's a bloodmoon and good luck trying to spread all the npcs evenly to minimize or eliminate enemy spawns.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8688 on: April 12, 2012, 02:59:35 am »

IMO, it's much much better to build your town underground than above the ground, because if everyone's down in the caves, clowns don't spawn at all.

However, there's still the worm problem to take care of, so watch out if it's a bloodmoon and good luck trying to spread all the npcs evenly to minimize or eliminate enemy spawns.

Yet again peoples underestimate my building skills~

So, when we re-start? Friday evening?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 03:30:15 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #8689 on: April 12, 2012, 07:28:45 am »

Sure. Friday evening EST, probably about 9pm, I'll log into the server and bring up a new shard. Since the rarity of Cobalt Shields seem to be an issue, I'll provide some for everyone.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #8690 on: April 12, 2012, 07:43:58 am »

Why is because people asked for one and I don't mind making a new one.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8691 on: April 12, 2012, 08:02:08 am »

Welp, I've got all my stuff. NEW MAP HOOOOOOOOOO!
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8692 on: April 12, 2012, 08:11:24 am »

Imma just hop my way on in here.  What's going on now?  Terraria server with a fresh map and fresh characters, or just a new map and then experiment with building and such?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8693 on: April 12, 2012, 08:21:53 am »

Count me in.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8694 on: April 12, 2012, 08:26:05 am »

Huh. Just now saw the whole "No more development on Terraria" thing.

Well, after reading his reasons why, I'd say it's a fair cop. Sad that some people feel like the relatively small amount of money they spent on the game entitles them to tell Redigit to prioritize their entertainment over his fatherhood, but then some people* are like that.

I should get back into Terraria sometime, especially after seeing some of the Asian-themed architecture folks submitted. Those pagodas are awesome. Anybody know of a tool/program to "block" an image? (I know there's something along those lines for LEGO builders)

*People without children, I'm guessing.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8695 on: April 12, 2012, 08:28:45 am »

The main thing is that he was like "We'll keep adding content as long as people are playing!" and he's like "We wanna add arena mode, and prebuilt PVP, and enemy factions, and- oh, no, nevermind all that, I quit."

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8696 on: April 12, 2012, 08:31:53 am »

*shrug* I can understand the thought processes there. He was still excited for the potential in Terraria, and had a lot of things he wanted to do, and then realized he'd never have time to spend with his family if he tried to do all those things. Looks like he probably could have handled it a bit better, but meh.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8697 on: April 12, 2012, 08:33:42 am »

Time management is a life skill.  Not that I've ever been a father, nor do I hope to be, that'd be a little bit weird for me...  But yeah, could have handled it a lot better.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8698 on: April 12, 2012, 08:53:22 am »

It was only a fluke that there was only a single cobalt shield on the last map. At least hold off until the whole dungeon is cleared.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8699 on: April 12, 2012, 09:17:18 am »

Should the server be roleplay-ish of sorts? Like, one person building things, other coordinating, two or three being miners, other being explorers, others craftsmen...

Also, I'm going to make the spawncity in the very first cave we get to! Let's hope that the spawn won't be too high from 0ft level...
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.
Pages: 1 ... 578 579 [580] 581 582 ... 887