Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1305446 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It would be interesting if some superfluous NPCs would only chose to be in rooms made of certain blocks.

Like a King moving into a solid gold room with a throne.

I kinda want Carpet and windows in the game.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile

Well, meteor and hellstone ore/blocks already do damage. Spikes do damage even with a skull.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

I suggested like a crumbling brick block type on their forums, so they could build temples and such out of it and when you grapple to it, there might be a chance the block shatters and you go falling.....or walking along a 1-tile wide bridge, chunks of it are falling out as you go. Worked in Mario/Castlevania/Metroid ect... would fit nicely with Terraria.

That forum sees so much traffic in a day though it's like spitting into the ocean.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wish for more invasions actually.

Preferrably from the space.
Everybody!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile

Heh. I can see if now. Running along the surface one night, when suddenly the music changes, flying saucers come down from the sky, and little green men attack in swarms.

Hell. I still even contemplate playing Elemental or Dungeons, two games that burst into flames on impact.
Slightly off topic, but... what exactly is the problem people seem to have with dungeons? It could have been better(Heroes take far too long to get happy, along with some other minor problems.) but I've enjoyed my 5 hours I've put into it so far. It can't hold my attention for long, but it's got an amusing sense of humor, mostly well done gameplay... it needs a lot of polish, but that doesn't explain just how poorly received it was.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

It can't hold my attention for long, but it's got an amusing sense of humor, mostly well done gameplay... it needs a lot of polish, but that doesn't explain just how poorly received it was.

In general it suffers from expectations set by DKII, which isn't their fault. But on the other hand, it just doesn't have a lot of simulation depth, and a lot of what they did do is basic. The first few levels really show you all there is to the game, other than the look of prestige objects and the handful of powers you get for your Dungeon Lord.

I found myself wanting more ownership and control of my dungeon, but the game is more like a puzzle game with some free-form building options. Like, compared to building a death trap dungeon in DKII, in Dungeons not only does that hurt your economy overall, it's just not as fun or as interesting.

I enjoy for the visuals and the sense of being a Dungeon Lord. Messing with heroes is kind of fun for a while. It wasn't enough to make me play the game start to finish though.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

which isn't their fault

Well, you can't say they tried very hard telling people it wasn't going to be anywhere close to Dungeon Keeper.

Which actually I think they intentionally invoked. They wanted people to confuse Dungeons for Dungeon Keeper to build hype.

Either that or it was the Fans who spread that false hype (just like in Spore's case)... Though given the Trailer...
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 11:12:42 am by Neonivek »

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The music i'd imagine is the alien invasion from Majora's mask.
Everybody!

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

I have not played in a while, is saw something glowing beneath me, it was blinkroot, but it stopped glowing by the time i got there to harvest it. Does that make a difference?
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

I have not played in a while, is saw something glowing beneath me, it was blinkroot, but it stopped glowing by the time i got there to harvest it. Does that make a difference?

Blinking gives seeds, not blinking doesn't.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Am I bad for never planting anything, ever?
Everybody!

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile

Terraria's website has been hacked, apparently. If you go to terraria.org it works, but googling it takes you somewhere completely different. Thankfully adblock + noscript + linux makes it bring up only a blank page.

Also, it's rather irritating that Terraria is only available on steam. I was considering it before I learned of such a fact.
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Am I bad for never planting anything, ever?

If you can live without special potions, yeah.

Also if you roam a lot, swingings yer weapons around will net you enough seeds and plants.

Planting is actually worthwile only for multiplayer.

EDIT: DrK: Wut? Terraria.org and all curse-related sites are working A-OK for me.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile

How'd you get to it? Google terraria and click on the first link (to terraria.org). If you type it manually the redirect doesn't happen.

EDIT: Unless you have windows. I can't assure the redirect will be harmless at that point.
EDIT2: The site is h++p://sokoloperkovuske.com/in.php?pp=58 (++ added instead of tt so it can't be clicked accidentally)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 03:19:35 pm by DrKillPatient »
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

How'd you get to it? Google terraria and click on the first link (to terraria.org). If you type it manually the redirect doesn't happen.

EDIT: Unless you have windows. I can't assure the redirect will be harmless at that point.

Oh, you're right. Ah those pesky haxxorz.
SigFlags!
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 887