Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 847 848 [849] 850 851 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1307964 times)

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!
« Reply #12720 on: October 22, 2017, 08:16:45 pm »

the underground desert feels much easier for some reason or i've overestimated the damage and health of the mobs because summons are having a blast taking care of mobs while espelunking it. already found 4 cabins. no Extractinator yet but there's several statues and a bookcase. in addition i've killed a Cnidrion but i only got a handfull of oceanic materials, not enough for doing anything usefull from Victide or Aquatic bars.

im gonna keep exploring the area. hope to find another connection to the caverns to get more chances at the GPS materials and maybe the lava charm.

EDIT:

the unexplored cabin had the hermes boots. also, got several stormlion spawns but only 1 dropped the mandible item. i also got an Antlion Idol which is a summon mount item. it seems to boost my mining power or something like that. i also had 2 Amber Crawler spawns, those are Calamity mobs that drop gems on death so i got 7 amber so i promptly returned to base to craft an enchanted amber ring which is a Thorium accesory and part of the materials required to make The Ring accesory. it boosts minion damage by 4 and came with menacing so extra damage. this is gonna be insane.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 08:39:19 pm by xaritscin »

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12721 on: October 22, 2017, 10:43:21 pm »

farmed enough Cnidrions to craft Victide Armor. tried to take on the Scarabeus again but nope. rekt again. it seems i'll have to increase health or something to defend from this guy. its not even the contact damage what kills me. he shoots slow homing projectiles and since i dont have knockback resistance i can get locked by them. im gonna try and see if i can get the Depth Meter and Compass since i got enough gold to make the Watch.

also, found an Extractinator in the underground desert so i got to process some stuff. but im running out of storage space again. so i really need to start setting up the distance for the Arena ASAP. so i can start building my house elsewhere.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12722 on: October 22, 2017, 11:52:15 pm »

Hoho, fyi if you haven't noticed it yet, but one of the NPCs actually sells the compass and depth meter now. Adventurer, checking real quick... they got some alright other junk, too. Unfortunately, I have zero clue what the prereqs for the critter is, heh.

Also might be worth noting iffin' yeh hadn't seen it, a lot (all?) of the various status effect immunity items (i.e. ankh shield components) can be built, instead of having to roll around in the RNG like a pig on pcp.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12723 on: October 23, 2017, 12:00:09 am »

yeah there's an Adventurer NPC that sells that stuff but its post-EoC.

anyways i finally got an strat to kill the Scarabeus. bought a full stack of wooden arrows and started kiting himg along the desert while the creepers focused him. he killed me one last time but i got to kill him 2 times so now i can craft the set. and got the summon accesory and staff.

EDIT:

also, i went the pussy way and made a long platform for the Desert Scourge fight. the worm jumped into the platform sometimes but since the Thunder Bow hits multiple times and the creeepers clinge to enemies it died in a matter of seconds. i have another summoning item in case i have to bring it again.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 12:14:27 am by xaritscin »

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12724 on: October 23, 2017, 03:37:22 pm »

tried to fight the Desert Scourge a few more times. got 2 pieces of the angler set and assorted oceanic stuff. with that i got enough to craft Aquatic Armor (Victide was a mistake to craft honestly). im gonna use that to track the Acuatic Depths for pearls to complete The Ring.

currently boss in the list is King Slime. but since i havent found more crystals. it may be tricky so first im gonna get The Ring and then go farming for Gilded Mobs because i ran out of gold crafting the watch.

EDIT:

well fuck turns out that i need a higher pickaxe power to mine that. well played Thorium e.e

gonna have to go for the gold then.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 03:49:23 pm by xaritscin »

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12725 on: October 23, 2017, 04:53:32 pm »

this gotta be the funniest Goodie Bag drop i've ever seen playing this game. and its from a mod, i think (Spirit mod has a Halloween update right now)

« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 04:56:16 pm by xaritscin »

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12726 on: October 23, 2017, 07:47:37 pm »

no compass or depth meter yet. found a second heart in a series of pockets in the underground tundra but still no drops. had to stay underground because of a blood moon. now im waiting for the Stress bar to empty again. it got almost to 6000. allthought i was expecting some kind of debuff. only got like 1 or 2 blackouts and a confuse for a few seconds.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12727 on: October 23, 2017, 07:51:53 pm »

After all these years, I finally have the Terra Blade.  Too bad it's inferior to my Influx Waver, not by a lot, but by enough to prevent me from using it.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12728 on: October 23, 2017, 09:04:41 pm »

2 bloodmoons in a row. but i got the compass which was the most critical item apart of the watch. the depth meter can wait. now i can start setting up the foundations of the Amphitheatre for boss battles. first im gonna dig the hellevator. then look for marble caves.

i also got some interesting stuff from the underground denizens. a Craw Carapace which seems to be used in crafting something called "The Absorbent", a Mime Mask which is used to make a hardmode summon weapon and which also can be used as an armor peice (gives 3% bonus to minion damage and +1 max number of minions along with +3 defense) and a Wintry Charm that is made to craft something mage related.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 09:07:24 pm by xaritscin »

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12729 on: October 24, 2017, 12:42:41 am »

the base of the structure is finished. including the location of the 2 tall gates on each end of the Anphitheatre. now i just need to farm the required stone to make the side and background walls. i also relocated the base. its a few blocks east of the structure. the east side of the forest before the desert has enough space to make a town on it. gonna capitalize on that.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12730 on: October 24, 2017, 02:37:29 am »

... so yeah xar. Little bit of friendly advice. If you happen to go swimming in the ocean, and get out to the edge of the map. And there's this thing there? Called ??? on the rare finder. Couldn't see it too well, but it's fairly large and vaguely humanoid. 3k hp in expert/hardmode/revenge.

Just.

Just leave it alone.

Sweet holy hell just leave it alone.

Though now I know these mods include bosses that functionally can't be fought if your resolution is too low. Because clearly you don't need to see the HP of that thing taking up like half of the side of your screen :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12731 on: October 24, 2017, 09:59:28 am »

gonna take that advice when i fight the Queen Jellyfish, does it requires you to interact with it or it can be hit? because i wouldnt like that start a multiple boss battle by accident.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12732 on: October 24, 2017, 11:51:48 am »

the Amphitheater is almost ready. the background wall was finished, just need to prepare the center for housing the arena props (campfires, lanterns, the Eternia Crystal Stand) and finish doing the stairs for the townsfolk. however, since there's a blood moon starting right now, i had to stop construction.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 11:54:42 am by xaritscin »

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12733 on: October 24, 2017, 01:35:27 pm »

i hate some of the furniture measurements in this game. the map's center is betwen 2 blocks but the Eternia Crystal Stand is 5 blocks wide. i wanted perfect symmetry goddamnit. oh well. guess it will have to fit 2 just to keep the order.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 01:52:01 pm by xaritscin »

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12734 on: October 24, 2017, 03:28:35 pm »

ok, the thing is practically finished. only need to put 2 heart lanterns and 2 eternia crystal stands. to celebrate, i summoned King Slime. with 140 health plus a bonus from a candy i was able to kill it quickly, the Revengeance version moves a lot to be honest but i still got enough defense to tank hits from time to time while the Scourge and the Minions focused it.

it didnt drop anything usefull tho. 2 pieces of the ninja set and the slime gun. with that i've killed all the pre-EoC bosses. hopefully, there will be enough crystals underground from the Hellevator to up life to at least 200 for that fight.

EDIT:

Eye of Cthulhu down. the Amphitheater is working as intended. it took a bit of time for the summons to catch up to the boss but the Scourge was much more usefull for this. now i got the message that the jungle and the underground have something going on. not really sure what it means.

since the Bartender appears after the EoW/BoC im gonna start looking at materials to expand the town. starting with the base.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 03:57:38 pm by xaritscin »
Pages: 1 ... 847 848 [849] 850 851 ... 887