Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 845 846 [847] 848 849 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1307992 times)

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!
« Reply #12690 on: October 19, 2017, 10:12:42 pm »

this guy is too tough. tried using the swimming buff but nope. tried bringing him to the surface and still got rekt by the spit attack. im gonna test if using gravitation potions and kiting him until space will finally allow me to survive the fight. and that's only the 1st phase.

ok i dont know what else to use with this guy. the bullet hell is insane with those lightspeed spit attacks. i bet that even without overhaul this guy is unkillable. im gonna fight Duke Fishron and see if i can get something out of him. maybe the Cute fishron mount may help (i doubt it but its worth trying).
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 11:10:56 pm by xaritscin »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12691 on: October 20, 2017, 12:13:16 am »

It may. I'm pretty sure what did it for me was the crab mount, which gives some serious underwater scoot. Don't think I even brought it up, just hollowed out some extra space in the water.

Incidentally, finally double checked how you get the thing, heh. Turns out it's not a drop, but something a new NPC sells. If you're interested in giving it a try and haven't done it yet, build up a jellyfish reactor (aquatic bars + coral; you're way past the point it's a problem to get those) and go call up the queen jellyfish. Murder that and the diverman will show up, who sells the crab claw that provides the mount. It does make your hitbox a bit bigger, but again, it gives you some very much notable speed underwater, which makes dodging more feasible.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12692 on: October 20, 2017, 06:40:24 pm »

yeah i saw that the diverman sells the crab mount, but it seems it walks on water so im not sure. gonna check it anyways since the turtle is well...it doesnt work

the crab is good, but not good enough and since i cant circle this asshole underwater. well, brought the first phase to half health but nothing more. im gonna disable overhaul and check if it helps.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 07:07:53 pm by xaritscin »

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12693 on: October 20, 2017, 08:03:06 pm »

ok i disabled Overhaul for this encounter. changed to another armor i have sitting around and even changed the Celestial Emblem for the Turtle Shell just in case. only survived a single barrage of this guy. next barrage of spit attacks from this boss killed me. it wasnt even a one shot burst, he just keep shooting stuff until you die. i dont know what else to do apart of cheating the match.

and i havent found truffle worms for the Duke Fishron encounter either. so no Razorblade Typhoon or Sharknado Staff. im getting tired of this.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12694 on: October 20, 2017, 09:52:04 pm »

turns out that kiting this guy to the surface was a bad idea. he would enter an enraged mode similar to Plantera.

i still had to change my equipment. brought the Black Hole, an Hydromancer Catalyst and change the wings with the charm of myths (it was an underwater fight after all). i also crafted spectre armor with the hood.  having your damage gutted is horrible but i got to survive the fight.

the expert mode bag of the boss gave me an Abyssal Shell which basically is like some kind of hibernation accesory. what i dont get is its utility. you become night impenetrable but you cant use items, your damage is practically nullified and cant move. also if you get out of the shell you get 20 secs of a debuff that reduces damage, speed and damage reduction.

anyways, i got lucky with the bag and got the summoner weapon drop and the mage weapon drop. gonna see what use this has. maybe against the martians.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12695 on: October 20, 2017, 10:22:59 pm »

Yeah, I got no real idea with the shell. Maybe it'd have a decent use with multiplayer? Emergency button to hit when about to kick it so a healer or somethin' can bring you back into the game. Maybe for a music critter to keep themselves alive and buffing, I'unno.

Wish I could remember exactly what kit setup I was using at the time. I'm pretty sure somewhere in there I had a throwing setup that was like spectre + hood except on crack and with (multiple) %max HP damage procs (iirc, it was both %max hp and % lifesteal -- and when you're dealing with targets with tens of thousands of HP, it turns into something close to a full heal every time it happens). It was disgusting, to the point it actually let me take out some late game bosses without freezing my HP :V

Didn't quite let me just sit in the middle of the apocalypse trio in the end, but it came closer than it should have.
Ask not!
Ask!

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12696 on: October 20, 2017, 11:07:36 pm »

im gonna skip duke fishron. i was trying to get the martian probe to spawn but ended starting the Lunatic Cultist fight. halfway with the pillars right now. the Terra Staff + Black Hole give tons of healing using spectre armor, however i still have to be cautious. gonna tackle the Nebula then Stardust. i'll probably die trying to fight the Moonlord. never fought it without kiting with the UFO mount.

EDIT:

aaaaaaaand yup. got rekt by the Moon Lord. im gonna add the other mods and start all over. gonna take that mage run as finished. best of all, i can now choose which corrupting biome to use, well, it doesnt make any difference, but the crimson mimic has life drain. so i dunno.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 12:54:58 am by xaritscin »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12697 on: October 21, 2017, 10:52:17 am »

Do your summons stay active while in this shell state? I can imagine a summon-heavy build bringing forth all of its minions and then letting them do all the work.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12698 on: October 21, 2017, 11:12:25 am »

Want to say they do, but they also inherit the damage malus. Unless they do something more than hurt (and, to be fair, there are some that bring debuffs to the table), it probably wouldn't help much.
Ask not!
Ask!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12699 on: October 21, 2017, 11:16:11 am »

I mean, if you're nigh-invulnerable then it doesn't really matter, right? As long as there isn't a time factor you could just let the summons chip away at anything while you AFK.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12700 on: October 21, 2017, 11:20:31 am »

"making you invulnerable to most forms of damage. However, while affected, your movement speed and life regeneration are drastically reduced, you are unable to use items and all damage output is mostly nulled. "

problem i see with the item is that you get horribly debuffed just to make yourself impenetrable. life regen is drastically reduced, which means, you wont be able to tank enough i think. and since all damage outputs are nulled, your only saving would be, i think, wired traps, which BTW arent most effective against bosses.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12701 on: October 21, 2017, 11:29:04 am »

Life regeneration massively reduced =/= life regen halted. If you're invulnerable to most forms of damage (which probably means you're taking 1 point of damage from most hits), stacking campfire, honey, and maybe a regen potion oughta negate the worst of that. If you're really paranoid, wire up a heart statue to a timer so you've got guaranteed healing.

As long as there's no time pressure involved (a mechanical boss and it'll disappear/go enraged at sunrise, for example), just let your summons inflict scratch damage and debuffs while you idle.

Now if summons don't work while this shell is active, then I've got nothing.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12702 on: October 21, 2017, 01:13:39 pm »

genning a world with living trees near the center is complicated but finally got one. it didnt come with the early game summoner accesory but still. i can look for it elsewhere, maybe there's more trees here. gonna do a summoner only run with this world using Spirit, Thorium and Calamity, in Revengeance Mode.

already got the base started, what i want to do this time is to use the spawn as the main arena along with the hellevator. im currently trying to figure out the measures for it but it seems the minimum for the Old One's Army is 61 blocks on each side of the stand. but being able to spawn the portals up to 120 blocks on each. so im gonna take that measure for it once i've gotten a compass, havent decided the materials for it, want it to be like a Colisseum, so i'ts probably Marble and Grey Brick. maybe some Granite somewhere.

now the thing is i dont know where to put the NPCs. i dont know how can people do a full town in a matter of hours on a blank world. but oh well, something should come out later. for now im gonna farm until i have the GPS materials to build properly.

EDIT:

im gonna test the Abyssal Shell in this run. will show the results once i get there if you want. to see if the whole regen and summons does indeed work.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 01:15:19 pm by xaritscin »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12703 on: October 21, 2017, 02:11:28 pm »

If you're going for speed town construction, the secret to doing it quickly is to give not a single damn about aesthetics. Either econobox it and build a tower of those minimum-size ones that have no doors, only platforms, or just put very little consideration into silly things like it being pretty or symmetric or the same material or etc. The less you care about how it looks the faster it can get built :V

... now if you're asking how people get those pretty or vaguely okay looking town-like things up quicklike, man, heck if I know. Think at least some cheat in materials, others have friends come in and help, or import construction accessories from a different char if they're not using it anyway, and so on. Rest's probably just a good deal of repetition.
Ask not!
Ask!

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12704 on: October 21, 2017, 03:02:09 pm »

I usually just make a single skyscraper for all my NPCs. Sometimes I build a second building, but either way it's just a bunch of identical small apartments.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now
Pages: 1 ... 845 846 [847] 848 849 ... 887