Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 822 823 [824] 825 826 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1308376 times)

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!
« Reply #12345 on: November 08, 2016, 02:58:36 pm »

Eh. I don't mind em in small doses but they lose the appeal after an hour or two.

Not sure I'll be motivated to try out the patch soon, though.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12346 on: November 08, 2016, 03:33:05 pm »

Ideally it means we just get a few auto-turrets to help us fend off the waves of invasions.  Or it means we just get new enemies that are named after Dungeon Defender mobs, who are just regular enemies with nothing special but OH LOOK CAMEOS!

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #12347 on: November 11, 2016, 02:12:13 am »

Terraria / Dungeon Defenders 2 crossover event! Scheduled to go live on the 15th.

https://youtu.be/aH6Lj7na8Ak

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

#Dryadsosexy

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12348 on: November 11, 2016, 05:11:19 am »

I'd be a lot more excited if DD2 didn't have so many Steam reviews talking about what an uninspired cash grab mess it is. I'm a little curious what inspired this particular crossover.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #12349 on: November 11, 2016, 09:56:13 am »

I'd be a lot more excited if DD2 didn't have so many Steam reviews talking about what an uninspired cash grab mess it is. I'm a little curious what inspired this particular crossover.

You can probably ignore those reviews. Admittedly, I put a negative review on Steam for DD2 as well, but that was about a year ago when development was struggling. Since then the dev's have managed to get their shit together and started putting out a lot of new content, as well as balancing existing content, and the game is very much worth the purchase price right now. And I've updated my Steam review to reflect those changes.

As for what inspired the crossover, my guess would be Terraria 2, which is supposed to have a significant tower-defense element. The Terraria dev's may have agreed to this crossover as an opportunity to give existing Terraria players a taste of what they can expect in the sequel.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 09:58:24 am by Folly »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12350 on: November 11, 2016, 03:45:24 pm »

Every day the value proposition for Terraria just keeps getting bigger and bigger.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12351 on: November 12, 2016, 04:23:11 pm »

I'm a little curious what inspired this particular crossover.

Terraria: Otherworld, the spinoff game in the series that Relogic is building is more focused on the RPG side of the gameplay and also has Tower Defense mechanics for the purification system.

basically instead of using a clentaminator or dropping purification powder onto the corruption you have to build a cristal that cleans the corruption out of a region over time, and you have to defend it in order to keep the area safe, which means building defense turrets to fend off waves of enemies that come to take down the structure.

the crossover event with DD2 is both for marketing, adding new content to Terraria/DD2 and looking studying the workings of tower defense for Terraria: Otherworld

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12352 on: November 15, 2016, 01:09:16 pm »

The game has updated.
I have not yet gotten to the DD2 event. But from what I could gather, with as little spoilers as possible..
You need to find a certain NPC somewhere in the world. Just like any other NPCs, I guess?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 01:11:49 pm by Ultimuh »

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12353 on: November 17, 2016, 12:32:16 pm »

The timezone thing is indeed an issue.
I for one, would be interested.
But it is kind of a bit of a disappointment when you log on only to discover everyone already did all the things.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12354 on: November 17, 2016, 04:37:12 pm »

tried a summoner gameplay with the 1.3.3 update. not gonna update for now until reaching endgame.

but anyways. didnt get the slime staff early so it was a bit of mixed stuff while getting ready for the jungle. hardmode was quite complicated to pull out, but fortunately i got my hands on forbidden armor and some good magic weapons with the highest modifier.

right now im still locked on Forbidden Armor, already maxed out my HP and Mana, i've killed plantera, but she didnt drop the pygmy staff so im still using my spiders (i have an optic staff too, but the mini twins suck really bad, at least the spiders have a way more reliable DPS and actually keep enemies at bay, and dont get stuck and bla bla bla......)

my current thing is to get a moon charm and the neptune's shell. but that means waiting for the full moon and the solar eclipse. i also have to keep doing the angler quests (more than 50 already and not a single sextant).

also not enough plants to replenish my potions.

once i got that figured out i should be able to fight the plant again, the Wasp Gun should be a bigger update on DPS compared to what i have, and it doesnt even have the Demonic Modifier yet.

not gonna mess with getting spooky armor because with the current equipment i have i wouldnt probably last the first waves.

once i finish this gameplay i should move onto a 1.3.4 mageplay.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #12355 on: November 17, 2016, 10:01:27 pm »

I am able to host 24/7, though I'd need more numbers than just 2.

Also if necessary, there can be multiple worlds for multiple timezones.

I'm up for it.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12356 on: November 20, 2016, 03:15:27 pm »

I'd ask to join in, but I think every update for the last while as made my computer like terraria less. Thing runs fine for maybe 10-15 minutes and then performs increasingly worse, heh. Especially when there's much of anything happening on the screen. Main character's actually kitted out mostly so I don't have to aim at anything and half-way don't even have to move to keep most expert/hard mode enemies off of me. Dragon, spores, hatchet, stand, etc., etc.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12357 on: November 22, 2016, 08:55:18 am »

Damn, I so much want to join you, but I'm not supposed to be playing too much video games this week. Bah, just send me the IP, maybe I'll find some free time! :P
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12358 on: November 22, 2016, 03:16:08 pm »

Aw heck, you managed to temp me. It's been a while since I played though so I'd probably classify as a noob. I'll PM you my steam account.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #12359 on: November 22, 2016, 03:17:16 pm »

OOh, would like to join. My Player name is...

LordPorkins

Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha
Pages: 1 ... 822 823 [824] 825 826 ... 887