Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 812 813 [814] 815 816 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1308561 times)

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!
« Reply #12195 on: July 22, 2015, 03:20:00 pm »

Mobs killing truffle worms? That's the first time I've heard of that happening.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12196 on: July 22, 2015, 03:47:19 pm »

Basically I solo the golem by making a second floor for him that doesn't let him step on me (6 blocks high is enough, lower could work probably but felt cramped), with holes to shot him (probably diagonally) while keeping the whole ground floor for me to run around dodging lasers. But before the lasers I just stand in each of the diagonally-oriented holes and shoot at his fists (which can't reach me if I hit them). Piranha Gun is VERY nice to kill him this way.

Oh right, make walls at around chest high of the golem so he doesn't just step off the floor.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12197 on: July 22, 2015, 04:09:45 pm »

tried to take on duke fishron, got him to the 3rd stage, died from a cthulhunado -_- (will have to build an arena for this one too).

started gathering materials for the halloween and christmas events. got 70+ bars from the twins, need to fight skeletron prime 2 times along with the destroyer.

no sign of solar eclipses right now. but have 8 solar tablets. the last eclipse i summoned gave me a broken hero sword and nothing more. need another one for completing the terrablade.

went to the underground to gather souls, no biome keys yet.

went to the dungeon for ectoplasm farming, got another kraken, the black belt, paladin's hammer and rocket launcher...and enough ectoplasm for spectre armor(with both headpieces)

EDIT:

not enough chlorophyte for the other sets, have to keep farming them or try to advance with the other events. maybe the pumpkin moon

EDIT 2:

travelled to the left edge of the map for making an arena for duke fishron, then came a blood moon. nothing interesting there. but right a little bit later a martian probe appeared.

had to rush to base for the event. a large chunk of my NPCs died. i died at least once.

the event lasted the whole day, but got to drop the cosmic car key, xeno staff and laser drill. along with several hundred units of contuit plating.

EDIT 3:

duke fishron down, the last part was hard due to him attackin from everywhere. but got to dodge several of his lunges. got the flairon and Will's vanity set (had already won Cenx's vanity set from Plantera).

next in line is the pumpkin moon. already have a medallion.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 06:58:12 pm by xaritscin »

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12198 on: July 22, 2015, 08:28:43 pm »

Y'know, it really bugs me when I'm bad at a game I actually like.  I haven't been able to bring down even one of the mechanical bosses since 1.2.1 dropped, and then seeing tahat about half the people on this thread can casually wipe Plantera, who I've never beaten at all, it really makes me wonder why I even play.  Not fishing for advice, not trying to rain on anyone's parade, I just wish I wasn't so bad at this.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12199 on: July 22, 2015, 08:33:11 pm »

I never beat skeletron

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12200 on: July 22, 2015, 08:37:26 pm »

Y'know, it really bugs me when I'm bad at a game I actually like.  I haven't been able to bring down even one of the mechanical bosses since 1.2.1 dropped, and then seeing tahat about half the people on this thread can casually wipe Plantera, who I've never beaten at all, it really makes me wonder why I even play.  Not fishing for advice, not trying to rain on anyone's parade, I just wish I wasn't so bad at this.

the mechanical bosses are very deadly at the start of hardmode, but with a good strategy you can do it without loosing much health. i lost several times before i got the right items for the job, same happened with plantera, its just finding which works for you and try to hone your skills in dodging, get the right items and that stuff.

after the first time you kill them it becomes easy (ok, not really, sometimes you get killed when underestimating the enemy) because you already know their moves and what they do once they reach certain lvls of the fight.

in other news:

decided to test my tiki armor against the pumkin moon event. got as far as wave 11. the pumpkings and the mourning wood dish a lot of damage i couldnt dodge all of that, not even with the ufo mount.

got 2 of each trophy, the horseman's blade, 3 spooky hooks, 2 candy corn rifles, cursed sapling and several units of spooky wood.

after getting my ass kicked a solar eclipse happened. it was complicated to survive with the reduced armor but the cosmic car allowed me to stay out of trouble most of the time.

got 2 broken hero swords, 2 deadly sphere staffs, another butcher's chainsaw, another toxic flask and several banners.

outside form the NPCs located at good distance, the town was a complete massacre. just recovering right now.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 08:43:27 pm by xaritscin »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12201 on: July 22, 2015, 08:39:12 pm »

If it makes you feel any better, NFO, I can't beat plantera without cheating in the current version. Could a few versions back (along with the other hard mode bosses :V), when the hard mode stuff didn't seem to include quite so much of a performance hit, but no longer.

... cheating's pretty trivial, though. Both health and mana (and most other things, really) are just 4 byte/int 4 addresses, so they're incredibly easy to identify with cheat engine or whatev'.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12202 on: July 22, 2015, 08:45:51 pm »

If it makes you feel any better, NFO, I can't beat plantera without cheating in the current version. Could a few versions back (along with the other hard mode bosses :V), when the hard mode stuff didn't seem to include quite so much of a performance hit, but no longer.

... cheating's pretty trivial, though. Both health and mana (and most other things, really) are just 4 byte/int 4 addresses, so they're incredibly easy to identify with cheat engine or whatev'.

cheating can be a better option if you have shortage of reagents or you cant seem to find certain items. most of the potions i use had to be cheated on with invedit because getting all those plants and fish can be boring after a while. and dont get me started with trying to find certain drops -_- (spent 2+ hours finding a pair of ice skates)

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12203 on: July 22, 2015, 08:47:49 pm »

I'm in full titanium, have warding frostspark boots, angel wings (don't remember the prefix right now), violent star veil, violent bundle of balloons, and a warding obsidian shield, I have tried numerous strategies that have been related from various sources around the internet, and I'm just not effective.  My skills in dodging are bad and nerve-damage hinders my fine motor control, I mean, I wasn't bad at it before 1.2.1, I was casually farming The Destroyer with my adamantine gear back then (older character, now lost due to hard-drive failure.)  I know how I'm supposed to fight them, but I just keep failing.

Again, not really trying to rain on anyone's parade or anything, just venting a bit.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 08:51:34 pm by NullForceOmega »
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12204 on: July 22, 2015, 08:54:44 pm »

iirc, i beat my first mech boss, skeletron prime, with full addy melee, a sizable arena, a reforged amarok yoyo, yoyo bag, frost wings, frostspark boots, lava waders, and ankh shield
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12205 on: July 22, 2015, 09:16:30 pm »

spent a lot of platinum trying to get the ruthless modifier in the deadly sphere staff, it was even easier to get a godly prefix for the terra blade.

got to make a spooky helmet but i'll have to die a lot more if i want to finish the complete set.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12206 on: July 22, 2015, 09:53:39 pm »

I tend not to be able to dodge, NFO.

Don't worry, I ended up tanking the guys with END-GAME ARMOR just to survive. Were I to go back and kill them wearing titanium/adamantite armor, as was intended, I'd probably die a dozen times.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12207 on: July 22, 2015, 10:01:35 pm »

I'm in full titanium, have warding frostspark boots, angel wings (don't remember the prefix right now), violent star veil, violent bundle of balloons, and a warding obsidian shield, I have tried numerous strategies that have been related from various sources around the internet, and I'm just not effective.  My skills in dodging are bad and nerve-damage hinders my fine motor control, I mean, I wasn't bad at it before 1.2.1, I was casually farming The Destroyer with my adamantine gear back then (older character, now lost due to hard-drive failure.)  I know how I'm supposed to fight them, but I just keep failing.

Again, not really trying to rain on anyone's parade or anything, just venting a bit.
Spike ball traps can destroy almost anything, used right, and in sufficient numbers.

I know what you mean though. They can take a MASSIVE amount of prep, and certain tasks get, well, extremely boring. Personally, I cheated in a Drill Containment Unit, simply because digging takes forever before you get a drill, and even after it, it can still take quite a while. It does get easier once you've gotten yourself a bomb and gel dispenser set up, but that's entirely luck related. I wouldn't mind seeing like, say, a dungeon fishing biome that let you fish up crates that contain one of the entire set of statues. That'd be nice and thematic, even if entirely artificial.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12208 on: July 22, 2015, 10:31:30 pm »

spent my last pumpkin medallion, battled all throught the night and died finally when morning was coming. it was worth though.

from the usual stuff i got a necromantic scroll and as i was being in the ocean, i got 4 pirate maps for summoning the event. and got enough spooky wood for completing the set.

i dont remember which wave was but by the time i died there were at least 3 mourning woods and 2 pumpkings, 2sp00ky4me.

but anyways, got a papyrus scarab and now i have 5 deadly spheres which do 113 damage each one. now i have to see if i can do the frost moon event. need to gather more stuff.

but first, the pirates.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12209 on: July 22, 2015, 10:42:10 pm »

... there actually is a dungeon fishing biome, iirc, there's just not terribly much interesting in it. There's dungeon crates in the game, anyway.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 812 813 [814] 815 816 ... 887