Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 780 781 [782] 783 784 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1307996 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!
« Reply #11715 on: July 06, 2015, 03:54:41 pm »

I know what they are.

Sorry, I wasn't able to infer your actual question from just stating a noun.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11716 on: July 06, 2015, 04:00:03 pm »

I know what they are. I was wondering how they could possibly assist in killing a nigh-invincible superboss who floats. :P
Presumably by going very fast, possibly while zig-zagging. If it's within an ~45 degree angle, the minecart be faster and more agile than just about anything else in the game.

Also lasers, if you're using the supercart.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11717 on: July 06, 2015, 04:05:19 pm »

Yeah, supercart's the fastest method of transport in the game.

Also ossum, now we can pull out endgame gear and have fun fighting the tower mobs. :>

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #11718 on: July 06, 2015, 04:58:18 pm »

God dammit. My world and my fucking character have both been spontaneously deleted. All that progress, gone..
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #11719 on: July 06, 2015, 05:01:02 pm »

There should at least be a world backup file.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11720 on: July 06, 2015, 05:50:14 pm »

found another mushroom biome while spelunking in search of silver and gold ores. found several cabins with different repeated elements (two clouds in a jar, two flare guns with ammo)

found more heart crystals and skipped one EoC attack while doing it. sitting at 260 HP right now.

got enough silver for the full set but not enough for the golden one, will have to keep looking for ore.

the angler's house frame is ready, but making the doors depleted the stock of palm wood so will have to way for the next harvest in order to make walls. it is missing also the materials for the second floor (where the main NPC's room goes) and the roof.

EDIT:

died to a boulder trap and lost some money but got enough gold ore for completing what i needed for the armor set. bought some items from the travelling merchant (brick layer and stopwatch).

now i have to find more heart crystals.

EDIT 2:

have found 2 granite biomes, and got 2 more crystals, 300 HP right now, ran out of torches for exploration, and was getting full inventory, also found a band of regeneration.

EDIT 3:

almost killed the EoC, the last dashing attacks got quickly in critical state and i didnt have money for paying the nurse. lost the battle when he was practically dead. there was also a demon eye messing around during the battle.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 07:03:28 pm by xaritscin »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11721 on: July 06, 2015, 07:14:44 pm »

If you are fighting the EoC in expert mode is is god damned hard when he beserks... I actually had full hell weapons/armor before I beat him hah
Nom nom nom

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11722 on: July 06, 2015, 07:21:21 pm »

Manic Emerald Staff + Emerald Robe > EoC
Also, holy shit, Antlion Nests (what I'm callin' 'em; they're filled with the three ant lion mobs, and I don't think they're considered a biome) are enormous. Seriously. One desert has a Nest down to the cavern level, where it mixes with Forest caves and eventually my Underground Snow tunnels. I found two little a-sand-oned houses with Extractinators and an Enchanted Sword down there, too.
Black lives matter.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11723 on: July 06, 2015, 07:26:39 pm »

Yeah, that's the Underground Desert. It's really useful for making tons of mining potions.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11724 on: July 06, 2015, 07:43:39 pm »

They are called antlion nests btw.  Also fossil armor is actually quite good as well, unfortunately it's hard to get and by that point not too useful.
Nom nom nom

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11725 on: July 06, 2015, 08:11:35 pm »

If you are fighting the EoC in expert mode is is god damned hard when he beserks... I actually had full hell weapons/armor before I beat him hah

the first time i tried expert mode i killed him with full 400 HP and a yoyo and i dont remember which other weapons, ahh, a slime staff and full gold armor, along with the few defensive accesories i got.

it was mostly a work of kiting and hope to hit it with the yoyo when it was going berserk. took several tries to kill

this time i had no buffer and enough defenses to tank it, i need to complete the 400 HP mark and then make better equipment (my only ways of damage are a tin bow, some shurikens and throwing knives, a zombie arm, a rally yoyo and a enchanted boomerang)

i had some potions for the fight but ran out of some of them (not many ironskin potions).

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11726 on: July 06, 2015, 08:40:44 pm »

Plantera bulb, why must you be so difficult to find?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11727 on: July 06, 2015, 08:50:01 pm »

If you mean visually, >map
Should be pink squares, helpfully displaying 'Plantera Bulb' when you hover over them.
If you mean at all, I dunno. :P
Black lives matter.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11728 on: July 06, 2015, 09:21:39 pm »

bought a piggybank, im surprised that its the only container (i guess the safe works the same way) in which i can say the order of quickstack and it actually takes the money from the slots instead of making me do the micromanagement (as the rest of the containers do). well that should be very obvious taking in account what it is.

but anyways.

havent found more crystals. but i've discovered at least 3 spider nests nearby, one of them was on the way of an abandoned track. there are several along the magma layer. havent had enough rope and torches for exploring it all of them.

i had also encountered another granite biome. nothing regarding marble yet. and got practicall a full stack of silt for processing. had to reacomodate the contents of my chests.

the small house i had is getting short in space for furniture, and i dont have more chests (may need to fabricate more or expand the house a bit). have an extractinator and moved the nurse to the same house.

finished the first layer of the angler's hut. he is joyfully staying there until i get more palm wood for finishing the second floor and get the materials for the roof.

the EoC has been announced at least 2 times since the fight. but i have been trying to avoid it while i find heart crystals.

EDIT:

the fucker got me by surprise while i was building the frame for the second floor of the angler's hut. attacked him with arrows then changed to the yoyo during the fight, had few space for maneuvering but having the nurse so near allowed me to heal most of the fight.

so yeah, one boss down. now i have to make a home for the Dryad.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 09:38:26 pm by xaritscin »

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11729 on: July 06, 2015, 11:02:51 pm »

Just got a Money Trough!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 780 781 [782] 783 784 ... 887