Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 751 752 [753] 754 755 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1307975 times)

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.2 now out!
« Reply #11280 on: October 09, 2014, 07:40:14 pm »

Yeah unless something drastically changed since I kept up with it, Terraria forums will be a whooole bunch of migraine punctuated by 1 dev teaser with 3 animated pictures every few months. Don't read the user posts. Save yourself.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11281 on: December 22, 2014, 06:19:49 pm »

Started to play this and spawned in a tiny area of forest bordered by a snowy forest on one side and a crazy purple forest on the other. I figured that might be easier than the tundra, but then these huge eyeball monster things started divebombing me. I think they were called 'Eater of Souls'.

Also the axe I spawned with is an "annoying copper axe" that is apparently crap. Probably explains why it was doing 1 measly damage to the eyeball things.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11282 on: December 22, 2014, 06:30:02 pm »

1.2 have been out for a while now.
I think the thread needs a slight name change.
Maybe something to mention that 1.3 is near?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11283 on: December 22, 2014, 06:36:16 pm »

Started to play this and spawned in a tiny area of forest bordered by a snowy forest on one side and a crazy purple forest on the other. I figured that might be easier than the tundra, but then these huge eyeball monster things started divebombing me. I think they were called 'Eater of Souls'.

Also the axe I spawned with is an "annoying copper axe" that is apparently crap. Probably explains why it was doing 1 measly damage to the eyeball things.
Yeh, you may want to stay away from the corruption for a while.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11284 on: December 22, 2014, 07:42:33 pm »

Just a little tip: the copper pickaxe does more damage than the copper axe, so hit things with the pickaxe instead. Doubly so for an annoying copper axe.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

bQt31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11285 on: December 22, 2014, 08:46:41 pm »

A friend dragged me back into this. 15 hours in 2 days.. Probably the 10th time I'm starting from scratch and still having tons of fun, this game truly is epic

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11286 on: December 22, 2014, 11:37:09 pm »

Spoiler: epic (click to show/hide)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11287 on: December 23, 2014, 07:38:38 am »

I don't know...

I think Epic is quite appropriate if a cheese burger made me do that face.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11288 on: December 23, 2014, 10:46:10 am »

That jar is fuckin' epic!

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11289 on: January 14, 2015, 03:26:04 pm »

http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/new-1-3-spoilers-enhancing-the-user-interface.9424/

So, we're getting an interface upgrade for 1.3. A lot of it is icon skinning, but also a button to "stack to nearby containers"! This is pretty rad, IMO. How nearby, I don't know, but still it's easier to spam clicking the button while walking thru your storage than opening every single chest.

Also you can mark things as favorites to prevent accidental tossing.

And use money from your (piggy) bank / safe to pay for stuff.

You can also craft using stuff in open containers).

Accessories that show data now will work without being equipped, things like GPS and so on, or even just nearby another player that has them. Also adding new ones like weather and moon phases.

And you can take captures of larger areas than your screen.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #11290 on: January 14, 2015, 03:39:13 pm »

You can also craft using stuff in open containers).

This!  This.  I've wanted this for, like, three years.

The rest of that stuff sounds nice, but grabbing stuff out of containers just for crafting, one of the things I hate.  Why didn't we have this working years ago?

(Because because the game was released before it was ready, which was itself necessary because of the pirated beta....)

Ohwell.  I was able to hack around my other pet peeve, which was the "Deposit All" button.

These changes probably won't bring me back to the game.  I recently soloed a hardmode character from game start through to the Frost Moon.  So I'm probably done for a year or so.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11291 on: January 14, 2015, 05:09:36 pm »

WE'RE STILL GETTING NEW STUFF?!

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11292 on: January 14, 2015, 05:16:16 pm »

Yep.  I've been waiting for 1.3 for a while; I've held off on going into Hardmode on my present 1.2 character because I knew I was going to be making a new world (and likely a fresh character) for it in either case, so I didn't want to burn myself out on the game.

As for whether it's worth it, I'm not expecting too much.  Just a few more pretties, a few more superficial things, maybe a few reskinned collision-type bosses that I won't really play against because I prefer building to fighting.  No real qualitative changes to the game, not much in the way of change from the debates earlier in the thread about how much actual good, worthwhile content was in 1.2 or 1.1. 
That said, crafting out of containers and paying from the bank (the merchant now takes debit cards?) sounds rather nice.  Ever since the former in particular was implemented in Cataclysm, I've missed it every time I play Terraria. 

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #11293 on: January 14, 2015, 05:21:39 pm »

Is it even worth playing anymore? It's been a year or two since I've actually played this.

"It depends."

If it's been two years since you played, things have been added.  Some super-hardmode content: the two Moon invasions, a fish boss, and a whole bunch of stuff aimed at the artistic builder types.  Maybe you haven't seen the new biomes.  A bunch of new potions.  Fishing.  Overall, just added content and some streamlining.

If it's been one year, no, the game hasn't changed in that time.

So.  It comes down to: why did you play? 

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11294 on: January 14, 2015, 11:18:21 pm »

I haven't touched the fishing system, or the new invasions or bosses. I'm waiting for 1.3 so I can play through it all properly. Maybe I'll team up with a buddy.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 751 752 [753] 754 755 ... 887