Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 749 750 [751] 752 753 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1308016 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.2 now out!
« Reply #11250 on: October 06, 2014, 03:25:27 pm »

There is a laser mining pod.

THERE IS A LASER MINING POD.

Oh yeah, and now the Enchanted Sword gets even more Master Sword-like.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 03:28:57 pm by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11251 on: October 06, 2014, 03:35:24 pm »

The crap are you talking about. The armor looked identical in that running gif, just without the female sprite gaining and losing a row of skin pixels per step.
Pretty much.  I've been quietly frustrated about the apparent inability to find any armor with abdominal protection since 1.2 came out.  At least, I think it was 1.2; I don't recall having that problem when the game first came out. 

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11252 on: October 06, 2014, 03:36:40 pm »

I was living in a happy bubble of not knowing Terraria had boob armor.

It was a happy existence... but alas I've been thrust out of a fool's paradise.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11253 on: October 06, 2014, 03:41:07 pm »

Where the fuck have you people been? The armor sets have been like that since before the graphical update.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11254 on: October 06, 2014, 03:45:45 pm »

Where the fuck have you people been? The armor sets have been like that since before the graphical update.

Don't come in here with your "facts" and "things".
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11255 on: October 06, 2014, 04:41:05 pm »

Oh man. I half-expected to never see this thread again :P
Ditto.

And it's true, they've existed since female characters have.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11256 on: October 06, 2014, 06:44:31 pm »

I know Jungle Armor at least wasn't always like that; I actually went back and checked it.  The original female sprite had a brown area under the green which looked more like leather than flesh, and which the male sprite still has.  It does look like most of the others were the way they are now from their respective introductions, though. 

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11257 on: October 06, 2014, 08:01:49 pm »

Wait... this game is still getting updated?!

What happened to them cancelling all future updates? Back in my day when a game was finished it was finished! None of this, give people more free shit nonsense!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11258 on: October 06, 2014, 09:36:42 pm »

Mostly bullshit, which is why T hasn't really had them.

@ Umi: Updates stopped entirely for like... a year? Two? Many moons, anyway, then Red or whoever apparently changed their mind and has come back with some (fairly unimaginative) content updates and (desperately needed) livability/UI updates (some of which possibly stolen from Starbound* :P). Since then we've been getting something, hell, I'unno, once every month or so, with some bugfix-type exceptions? Haven't exactly been keeping track of a timeline -- other than the smart cursor and better movement, there's not been anything terribly impressive or groundbreaking added, iirc. More junk, and some more invasions and bosses and whatnot, but it's... more, more than better. Not necessarily bad, just possibly not worth a new playthrough, especially considering most of the content additions are to the late/end game.

If you haven't played in a while, though, it might be worth another fire up. The smart cursor seriously makes major aspects of the game (building and mining, in particular -- backwalling is now no longer among the most godawful pain in the ass UI implementations I've ever seen!) considerably less painful. Game feels notably more fluid and polished after the latest updates.

*Though the obvious one, being able to seamlessly move up/down one-tile inclines, is a pretty natural development regardless as to if someone actually beat the T folks to it.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 09:40:17 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11259 on: October 06, 2014, 09:42:09 pm »

Frumple kinda nailed it. There's more stuff, but it's basically more of the same stuff. I haven't seen anything to make me want to gen a new world and go for it. The Halloween thing was a big turnoff.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11260 on: October 06, 2014, 09:45:08 pm »

Agreed, these days I usually get up to only turtle/whatever-other-damage-types-have-after-hallowed and then spawn everything after that because it's pretty boring.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11261 on: October 07, 2014, 12:15:50 am »

I haven't played a full game (from start to endgame) since...was it the graphical update? Been at least a year, is what I'm saying. Once 1.3 is out I might just have to dive back in and scratch that 2D sandbox itch. Starbound and Edge of Space are only fun for a little while, but on Terraria I have 187 hours logged and I keep coming back for more.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11262 on: October 08, 2014, 12:17:52 am »

Neat. Maybe Wolfeyez and I will get back to playing this.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11263 on: October 08, 2014, 10:19:39 am »

I've logged 467 hours into this ten dollar game, and would have been happy with it even if Red had never come back to update it, so I am still pleased to see new content being released for it.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11264 on: October 08, 2014, 11:08:08 am »

I, too, got my fair share out of Terraria. I wish modding would catch up, since I am, quite simply, a sucker for more "stuff." The base for everything works well, just keep icing my cake.

Similarly, I bought Edge of Space during the summer sales months back with the notion that it'll keep receiving development while I'm away for a time, and yes, I already know how Starbound went. How "done" is it?

Starbound is still nowhere close to done... though Edge of Space is even more unfinished (and... unfun technically).

Though I don't measure worth purely in time.

So if you like padded gameplay, get Edge of Space right now!
Pages: 1 ... 749 750 [751] 752 753 ... 887